Is Game of Thrones the greatest TV show of all time?

Is Game of Thrones the greatest TV show of all time?

some would say yes, others would say no

Breaking Bad is still better, but GoT is easily the second best. It might overtake it by the end of the series.

yes

Mad Men
>inb4 dude soap opera nothing happens LMAO

Don't forget Fargo and Hannibal!

Who died this episode?

t. Norman McNormalfag

This. Fargo and Hannibal are infinitely better. Toss in Boardwalk Empire too.

Breaking Bad is overrated. Good show, but not top 10. Ending was shit.

>Ramsay
>Rickon
>Giant

Some how not Davos or Tormund.

Prison Break is better

Ozymandias alone makes it top 10 worthy

This was a good episode
in a terrible season
of a mediocre show

It was probably the best episode of the entire series, I don't know about the best in TV history.

to be honest, this is one of the best battle scenes in any tv show or movie. ever.

I can't remember anything from that episode.

Then you either didn't watch the show or you don't remember the episode.

directing was great but writing was shit

show still sucks

Battle scene was great, but Jon is a fucking moron and I was hoping he'd get his dumb ass killed. I hate the writers.

I definitely think it's one of the greatest shows ever made. There are not many shows that have impacted viewers and television the way GoT has.

Is it perfect? No, nothing is. Does it have weak episodes? Of course. Does it have bouts of bad writing? Yes it does. However what the show does right, it does really right, and when the show shines, it really fucking shines. Tonight for example was one of the greatest hours in television history. Anyone who thinks Battle of the Bastards was anything short of great, is just being a contrarian cunt.

Its fun to watch but its hardly the greatest of all time

It has plenty of flaws but its enjoyable and has a huge bonus in being unique, you don't see this kind of stuff in a TV show usually

I'm checking those numbers user.

This last GoT episode was better than all of Breaking Bad combined.

Ok let's not get ahead of ourselves here

or jon he dodged 4000 arrows and 600 horses

It is for me. Without GoT, my TV would be non-existent in my house.

If it was the greatest show of all time he would have died right there

That's cause he's the chosen one. He can constantly make retarded decisions like charging into an army by himself but everything will turn out fine cause the writers will it.

>1.Sopranos
>2.Wire
>3.Breaking bad
>4.GoT
>5.Mad men.
>6.Boardwalk
>7.Six Feet Under
>8.Oz
>9.Deadwood
>10.Eastbound and Down.

That's just not correct

This episode was unironically one of the best displays of medieval type warfare currently on film no sarcasm. Right up there with Gaugamela in Alexander.

The Wire is soooooo overrated.

The scene where Jon is getting crushed and smothered was filmed really well imo. You could really feel the desperation and claustrophobia.

Honestly it was probably the best scene of the season.

>hoplites
>medieval

>disagree with me you're being contrarian

fuck off dabid you cuck *farts*

Why do you feel that

You must hate eating food with such shit taste.

stop posting any time

is an endgame main character supposed to die in every conflict of every series or movie or what

is that what you want to see

you'll make passive aggressive superior slants on the internet every time the climax of an episode or movie isn't the main character getting dropped and everyone going home and doing nothing

find something else to pretend to be mad about

>Muh Normalfag

Honestly at this point, I don't even mind being called as such for enjoying this show. Go have fun with your obscure piece of art, sir.

>niggas complaining about le epic twists and shock value
>episode has no epic twists, plays it straight and has the Starks actually fucking winning for once
>LOL PREDICTABLE FUCKING SHIT D&D AMIRITE?

Whiny cunts.

It was a shield wall, those existed in old combat. Tactics didn't drastically change that much.

The battle actually reminded me of the one real life battle of Cannae where Roman soldiers were surrounded in a circle and Carthage slowly killed them one by one, the roman soldiers couldn't move their arms and had to slowly wait to die, some even killed themselves by burying their head in the ground and suffocating.

I agree, letting Jon die was the only right decision, especially so because they could just bring him back like before. Why didn't they do it? It would have been the best episode if they had done it, but with him surviving ridiculous odds, over and over again, makes this from a 10/10 into a 7/10. They fucked up, they had the chance and didn't take it.

I really liked the Davos scene too, so much emotion without any dialogue. Great shot with the sun and the immediate cut to Tyrion afterwards

>Roman
>medieval

it's one of those series that i need to watch twice to appreciate.

literally fucking Reddit: the post

I thought Sup Forums was supposed to be patrician as fuck? breaking bad and game of thrones are fucking dudebro-tier television

I just can't tell who's actually underage and who's shitposting anymore

Thank you for weighing in Reddit.

Jon not dying is fine. It cements him as the best swordsman in the world, a legend only becomes a legend because he survives impossible odds

fpbp lmao.

it is if your 16. I haven't bothered to watch it for 2 seasons now. Can't wait for it to be over. sick of hearing about it.

House of Cards. The BBC one, not the Kevin Spacey one.

The Sopranos.

>031587
I said the same thing before this season. But this season knocked it waaaay down.

>sword > arrows
wat

i bet you like the walking dead

no but it was retarded writing and you cant refute that

It was a good episode but it took like 5 seasons for something to actually happen.

Killing and resurrecting him for a second time would've been repetitive and fucking pointless. I'm glad you niggas don't write this shit.

Don't get too triggered bro.

Holy shit, this guy admitted he goes to reddit and even posted a screencap lmao

yeah but I have to vie for attention by pretending to be upset about it and that I have a much better idea of how it should have gone down but you'll just have to take my word for it

Lots of people survived all those arrows, Jon wasn't the only one. It'd be dumb if he died because then there wouldn't be a story to tell, what's the point.

>1 gimmicky episode
>oh man its the best thing ever!
>9 episodes of filler
>not one single thread

>shield walls didn't exist in the middle ages

babby

I actually thought that Jon could die during the trampling scene tbqh. Should I be ashamed?

it is
/thread

Being the best swordsman there is doesn't justify moronic behavior like charging into the enemy lines all on your own. If I want to watch a Superhero movie there are plenty of Superman and Avengers movies, no need to shit up GoT with this crap.

>Sup Forums
>Patrician
I've got bad news for you...

Let's just take the best parts of got, so the beginning - because it's necessary for the story - through season 4. It was a good show in that span.

Sopranos
True detective season 1
Curb your enthusiasm

Are all absolutely better. Then mad men, the wire, and breaking bad are probably better as well, but I haven't really watched those, so I'm not sure.

you're upset that he didn't get greased when his literal army was literally immediately behind him

you wouldn't know writing good or bad if gurm himself wadded it up and rammed it up your sandy cunt just go to bed and get the fuck off my blog

The Romans existed up to the 1400's in one form or another and the actual roman crown and roman families lasted even longer

it was dumb.

Is the consensus that this was a good epsiode? Aside from the long cut of Jon in the melee I thought it was generally shit. Everything was incredibly predictable and executed in the most nonsensical way possible.

It was obvious Rickon would die, but why didn't he weave?
was obvious that Wun Wun would die, but why is 5cm of penetration to the eye an instant kill for a fucking giant?
It was obvious that Littlefinger would come at the precise moment that he did, but why the fuck did Sansa keep that a secret?

It was soundly defeated in the middle ages, hence why it was abandoned as a bad tactic (since weapon tech evolved to the point that the second the wall was breached it became useless)

Why the fuck does this shitpost have so many replies?

He was in the middle of a cavalry charge with hundreds of other people, why aren't you complaining about the other people that lived?

His army was charging with him, lots of people in his army lived

Fucking this. People are really calling this the best Season ever when you have filler plots galore and Arya's bullshit.

>I thought Sup Forums was supposed to be patrician as fuck?

Breaking Bad is the most boring piece of shit of all time.

Walt's character arc of becoming edgier is predictable and unimpressive as fuck. Jamie Lannister is far better and he's just one among many.

>the second the wall was breached it became useless

That was always the case

>patrician
>dudebro-tier

It's television, dipshit. If you're looking for riveting intellectual stimulation try turning off the fucking TV.

Also, unpopular taste does not equal good taste. That's called being a hipster, and most hipster are just barely smarter than the drooling hordes. The top 1% is still fucking stupid.

The consensus should be Got should be banned from this board

What other people?

Wildlings? Nope. They showed up later. Other northmen? Nope, they were with Davos and showed up later. They showed a literal wall of bodies from the firing and John was the only obvious one who survived.

Who said it had to be justified? Ramsey manipulated him to ride out by himself and Jon was consumed by rage after Rickon was struck down. It wasn't like he had a calculated plan or was thinking rationally.

>Wun Wun

Dude had about a hundred spears/arrows sticking out of him bleeding all over, used his last strength to open that door. was at the end and wouldn't have made it more then two or three minutes. The shot in the eye sealed the deal.

don't reply to me or my son ever again nigger

u really thought he should die and come back again?

u fuckin dumbass. quit posting

>Sopranos and The Wire as the top 2

Agreed. This is pretty much undisputed as far as TV drama goes. Breaking Bad, Man Med and Game of Thrones babbies, stay mad.

No, Game of Thrones isn't the greatest TV show ever.

It's not TV. It's HBO.

I didn't watch all of breaking bad so I can't compare but can you tell me what exactly is jaime lannister's arc in the show?

He went from a guy with two arms who loves his sister and would do anything for her to a guy with one arm doing the same thing.

You literally have no idea why the shield wall and hoplites became obsolete, please stop talking about military tactics like you fucking know anything at all. Technology didn't change the battlefield, new tactics and ideas did, the widespread use of cavalry in the steppes brought a change to tactics that armies in the east (anatolia, syria etc) incorporated into their own armies which then slowly spread to europe. Even then the shield wall was a very effective formation, it didn't require much training to learn and a peasant could do it just fine.

Don't forget to rate the episode 10/10 on IMDb you bandwagoning piece of shit

agreed

Sup Forums is 100% trash 100% of the time but when GoT airs the trash bar gets raised another three retarded notches

Everyone's gonna complain about Rickon not zig-zagging and okay, right, that's an easy mark to complain about in terms of reality as an observer. But if you were ever in that situation in life, given the desperation, fear, and long unseen savior/relative hundreds of feet away, you would probably be single-mindedly running straight towards them as well.

>banning the best TV show since Chavo del Ocho

The battle was cool if you try to forget the rest of the episode.

However Ive had about all I can take with all this womyn power bullshit seeping into this season as overcompensation to the fan reaction about Sansa last season.

the best episode of all times and this brat isn't in it. what a coincidence