How did black people regress so much in music?

How did black people regress so much in music?
Jazz, Blues, Soul, Funk etc. were really good music styles, but Hip Hop is fucking awful.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-jgzeGzFrzg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At least they made Techno along the way

they haven't. it's just what the jews allow you to hear.

It was the listeners and audience that regressed.

iunno mr riddle man how did white people go from bach to car seat headrest

really makes the mind boggle

Uh
Uh
Yeah
Yeah
Uh
Mhmm

>OH MASSA IMA PICK THAT COTTON
>OH MASSA IMA PICK IT GOOOOD

Why can't black people create lyrics like this anymore? It's all about fast cars and sex and drugs.

Because cotton WAS their daily life
and drugs n hoez IS their daily life

Black people aren't some monolithic whole. You could ask the same thing about white people making pop punk after making classical music and it'd be just as dumb.
There are still creative, skilled, emotive and intelligent black people making music of the same calibre as Bird and Coltrane. They're just not in the mainstream and those people weren't, for the most part, ever in the mainstream to begin with. The reason they've become so well known is that time has allowed critical analysis and acclaim to increase their notoriety.

Bad comparison. You're looking back at a century of music, hand-picking some exceptional examples (mostly curated by critics and scholars), and comparing it to a much smaller, less curated selection of contemporary music.

Now add in the nostalgia and historical reinforcement that's "legitimized" those genres from a critical perspective. Not only is it good, it's "important" and "influential."

No one's regressed or progressed.You're just unable to see the blinders around your eyes setting your tastes in a particular direction. There's a lot of good stuff happening right now, and there's also a ton of complete garbage from the past.

I've never heard this song before. Care to do a vocaroo for me?

the crack epidemic blasted them back to the stone age

> youtu.be/-jgzeGzFrzg
>"""""Hip Hop is fucking awful""""""

Black people are a meme.

/thread

God dammit kek

>There are still creative, skilled, emotive and intelligent black people making music of the same calibre as Bird and Coltrane.

Like who ?

Kendrick Lamar
Kanye West

People like you thought jazz, blues, soul, funk were awful during their time as well.

edm is shit

really stimulates my prefrontal cortex

Listen to more music.

stupidity started making children
sterilize dumbasses today

Eric Harland, Jack DeJohnette, Gregory Porter, Wayne Shorter, Brian Blade, Jeff Parker, Wadada Leo Smith and the Marsalis family in general come to mind as popular people who've all done some really fantastic stuff in the last 5 years or so.
That's talking about music on a much wider scale though. Go to jazz festivals, attend concerts. If you're near anywhere with a big enough jazz club, you'll see plenty of really talented guys pass through there who won't get the publicity of some of those I listed.

So is hip hop though

kraftwerk made techno you wewuz motherfucker