youtube.com/watch?v=jL4VM1aOr7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=GGOuEyl1snM
youtube.com/watch?v=wSGva04yOic
youtube.com/watch?v=LCmlOhsIwBk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that's not inglorious basterds

Hello, reddit

Best war movie yes

Second best wwii movie to longest day which is #1 longest day broke down wwii on the tactical startegic and human level in a way spr only really excelled in the human aspect

yea

The Thin Red Line

/thread

>blows up a tank with a 1911

I turned it off as soon as the tank exploded

I regret to inform you that your punctuation has been lost in combat.

gr8 b8 m8, no h8, i r8 8/8

Saints and Soldiers

More like lost on mobile

Fury without a doubt.

Stuff like Saving Private Ryan and basically every other WW2 send the same tired message. Heroes rising to the occasion to murder a bunch of big bad nazis.

The malmedy massacre scene was good but it sadly descends into schlock from there on out

>Dat final battle in Ramelle

youtube.com/watch?v=ivkylNL6Oq4

youtube.com/watch?v=hU_NZIGMTA0

youtube.com/watch?v=0o2nq_2WBRE

youtube.com/watch?v=0o2nq_2WBRE

youtube.com/watch?v=jL4VM1aOr7Q

youtube.com/watch?v=GGOuEyl1snM

Antigerman trash movie

That end battle though.

Went very Hollywood very quickly

.45 ACP stopping power.

>hollywood flick
>best ww2 movie

hahah oh wow

Casablanca

fury was mediocre as fuck terrible ending

Honestly it was good and bad.

Spielberg's D-Day invasion was great. The rest is not good.

He used the same exact shit in Band of Brothers.

Not to mention the German situation was hopeless in the west. They literally sent 15-18 year olds to fight becuase they were scraping the bottom of the barrell.

once you understand that most of the fighting was one sided in favor the allies that movie is just hard to watch.

Just Allied soldiers shooting teenagers that were outnumbered 10:1

Bunch of plebs ITT

Downfall

Fury was the same shit but tried desperately to shove the whole "WAR IS HELL" trope down your throat.

I swear to god every ten seconds I felt like someone was just beating me over the head with a bat with that written on it's side.

"GET IT VIEWER? WAR SUCKS! LOOK! LOOK AT ALL THE BAD SHIT WE MADE HAPPEN SO YOU COULD SEE THAT? "

VON RYAN'S EXPRESS
O
N

R
Y
A
N
S

E
X
P
R
E
S
S

only if you destroy every other WW2 there is

>Heroes rising to the occasion to murder a bunch of big bad nazis
but... that's exactly what happens in Fury. that's the end scene, exactly. they even take pains to point out the guys they're killing are SS and thus actually nazis.

Big

Red

One

10 Americans killing 100 000 000 000 germans

This. You just can't deny that russkies made the best WW2 movies of them all.

What about that Einsatzgruppen movie?

>Einsatzgruppen
Which one? Come and See?

It's pretty great but I like those two more.

Not even Sinatra's best WWII film

yup

I rly like Stalingrad (German movie)

Looking back at it, most WW2 movies honestly mostly never try to glorify war.

This includes Saving Private Ryan. Hell, the plot point of the movie was to try to get Ryan out of the war. And the soldiers are reluctant throughout the whole movie to save Ryan too. The Germans aren't vilified as big bad nazis in the movie either, they're just the enemy soldiers our protagonists have to fight.

Letters from Iwo Jima.

well it does

Fury was pretty great, but it did get a little ridiculous at the end when it basically became 300 2: America's Revenge

I know but I feel like Fury tried too hard.

Saving Private Ryan doesnt feel like it's trying to convince you the whole time. And the Nazi's arent cartoon bad guys either.

how were the nazis in fury cartoon bad guys, all the stuff that was depicted like the killing of irregulars who tried to surrender actually happened. They also made the point of distinguishing between german army and SS as "the real assholes" while also not showing American GIs in a particularly positive light, did you forget about that scene when they execute a german soldier in cold blood after he already surrendered? That was clearly not meant to be seen as a positive thing, but rather a reflection of how deadened they are to murder.

I really thought the early sections of fury were when it was strongest.

are there any good ww2 films about the war in the pacific? Preferably something recent as well.

did you turn it off 2/3 of the way through?

Das Boot.

it didn't need to be 8 hours long

This. Clint Eastwood did a fucking masterful job and the soundtrack is orgasmic.

youtube.com/watch?v=wSGva04yOic

How soon until the naziboos show up in the thread?

they already have, look no further than that guy who said saving private ryan was bad because it was about americans killing germans

As for series Band of brothers and The pacific are really good.

That would be a very much too dark to be made in America, it would have to be made in Europe or Russia. Einsatzgruppen actions were beyond fucked up

I didn't mind the 293 Minutes run time of the director's cut. I wish they would release the original mini-series one day in North America.
Patton (1970)

I don't think the movie did a good job at distinguishing between the SS and the Waffen-SS, acting like the "SS battalion" were those evil baby killers from before that hanged women for not fighting

It's a long way to Tipperary,
It's a long way to go.
It's a long way to Tipperary
To the sweetest girl I know!
Goodbye, Piccadilly,
Farewell, Leicester Square!
It's a long long way to Tipperary,
But my heart's right there.

The movie didn't try to paint them as the "real nazis" it just established that they were fighting a battalion of real soldiers, not a bunch of reserve kids or something. And then one of the SS was an actual person who refused more violence. They weren't more evil than anyone else in the movie.

stupid frogposter

come and see, hands down

this isnt thin red line

>Muh SLOW boolits xDDDD

>a monkey poster

My personal favorite

Ivan's Childhood

>It's a "war" movie without action and shooting

jarhead

The Pacific
Flags of our Fathers
Letters from Iwo Jima
The Great Raid

reddit tier

>best war movie
>2nd best WWII movie

pick one you fucking retard.

>The Thin Red Line
>WWII movie

dropped in 20 minutes

windtalkers

It was made by angels though

Kelly's Héros and The Great Escape

>all the plebs in this thread
The Ascent
The Human Condition
The Cranes are Flying

Great ww2 show showing the perspective of German soldiers and Officers.
The first combat scene were that kid takes a round to the gut and screams out in agony while everyone watches horrified was brilliant.

The best WWII movie was Triumph of the Will.

Prove me wrong

the only correct answer
youtube.com/watch?v=LCmlOhsIwBk

Mister Roberts

Yeah, sure. That fucking Tiger going full retard against those sherman instead of using his stupid effective fire range was glorious.

schindler's list and inglorious basterds.

Name of show.

>The Ascent
Very good.

Kelly's Heroes

ok, why?

Generation war, its 4 episodes long but they're the size of movies.

>name of show
generation war, Germany's attempt to have a greatest generation wankfest too. You can tell how big a chip on their shoulder they have by how far out of their way they go to say NO GERMAN SOLDIERS WERE NAZIS, THEY ALL HATED NAZIS, NOPE THERE WERE NO NAZIS HERE, ACTUALLY THE POLES WERE ALL NAZIS THOUGH THEY FUCKING HATED JEWS, HAVE I EVER TOLD YOU HOW ANTISEMITIC POLES ARE???

When in reality not everyone in the german military ascribed to the nazi ideology that all actions taken by a german were justified because of inherent german racial superiority, but many did.

Despite this though its not bad.

great movie

>the cranes are flying
love that one

This. The landing is great, the landing is a war movie. The rest is some generic and unrealistic adventure with war as the backdrop.

BoB is much better. Though I guess it could be argued that the Western Front was really less about defeating the Germans as it was about liberating as much clay in the land before the Russians.

Thanks.

Yeah I know about all the German hang-ups about it.

Yeah, that show was weird. Basically all the characters got seduced or tricked into Nazism. On the other hand Poles are mindless antisemites and Russians just dumb animals.

No wonder Germans liked that shit.

I would expect soviet made WW2 movies to be nothing but propaganda. Partisans bad, germans bad, glorious beaten down heroes of the soviet better then all the allies, fuck your treaties europe is red now, did the germans rape you?! no?! EUROPE IS RED

yeah nah

>doubting the power of the .45

9mmfag please fuck off

you should really watch the cranes are flying

Based BAR gunner, fucking wreking their shit.

And he LIVES at the end.

LOL @ Melish

Talks shit about being Jewish to the Germans the entire movie and gets exactly what he deserves.

That's not Stalingrad

Ill give it a watch.

The problem with WW2 movies is they dont bother trying to tell the truth. In fact, a few movies lie deliberately. like pic related

Why type of pistol can blow up a fucking tank?

please do, its definitely one of the best soviet made films and though it focuses mainly on the lives of russian civilians during the war it is incredibly brutal and not shy about showing things in a negative light

while the tank was rolling through the town they snuck up on it and placed ieds on it, he shot one, but you already knew that since that pic doesn't even show him blowing up a tank

>Medal of Honor: Allied Assault copies this exact fight
>also copies das boot
>and bridge too far

Fuck that game was fun to play

Tank takes a bomb for a P51 Mustang