"The inbetweeners" of albums. Was there an album that sums up teenage life in Britain better than this?

"The inbetweeners" of albums. Was there an album that sums up teenage life in Britain better than this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8nrVrWkq_dc
youtube.com/watch?v=tL9VT92CrtI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>voice of a generation
>to this

where did it all go wrong

I blame Josh Homme

He didn't want to be another forgotten indie landfill band, Suck It and See almost sealed their fate.

>Was there an album that sums up teenage life in Britain better than this?
lmao nah maybe if you was a uptight posh boy pretending to get your liquor from tesco

Name a better one

More of a Libertines vibe

youtube.com/watch?v=8nrVrWkq_dc

Libertines are shite

You're right

DID YOU SEE THE STYLISH

youtube.com/watch?v=tL9VT92CrtI

the inbetweeners was actually good tho

Up The Bracket was decent

Retards.

The Libertines > Arctic Monkeys

I'd say that as far as debut albums are concerned, it's a tough call, but

Up The Bracket > Whatever People Say I Am

Apart from that:

everything else by Arctic Monkeys > everything else by the Libertines

I prefer American culture. Where Bill Burr tells us what we did wrong & we collectively pine for the days of Motown.

I didn't know bongs liked Bill Burr

Josh Homme is actually cool though and keeping heavy rock alive. Alex Turner has grown into a complete tryhard.

Bong youth likes Idm & the like. Better Muslim come in & we get some Muhammad version of Gregorian chants.

bongs judge comedians on their comedic merit, which is why we also still like louis ck

america isn't quite emotionally mature enough to separate politics and comedy which is why they all hate ck now, cause he made the mistake of admitting he was pro-hilary and had like 2 or 3 mean bits about white people

i dont know Blue Lines was more britbog than anything the Arctic Monkeys put out
also even Parklife is more brit than this

Ye

This is completely right and because of this, we've tried to compromise political humor and look what we get, Samantha Bee and John Oliver.

AR is the best album they ever did & only because Josh is that good.

Excuse me, AM.

To be honest.. I still hold that whole island responsible for Amy's death.

But Inbetweeners used Fluorescent Adolescent which was from their next album

blame the talentless hack doherty

Let me rephrase that: Alex's time hanging out with Homme has made him desperate to be just as cool, but it's just embarrassing and dampened the quality of his music.

There is only one person to blame for Amy Winehouse.

the weird thing about john oliver is that he was on mock the week (one of our endless series of panel shows) a few times back in the day. bear in mind that wasn't exactly our brightest and best in the first place, but he was weak af. his whole style is a relic of a bygone era, and i remember when he first started getting big in america i was just like "well of course they'll lap that shit up"

i do like some of the issues he brings up and agree with some of his stances, but as a comedian there's just nothing there. it really does amount to a guy saying things that happened and going 'THIS IS A THING THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. CURRENT YEAR!' no nuance at all

Nor James Corden

Of all British comedians these are the ones America gave talk shows too? Bizarre

yea, i apologize for james corden

on the other hand we (by which i mean scotland) did give you craig ferguson for 10 years, who as far as i'm concerned is the greatest talk show host ever

I'm British too m9

And yeah I thought Craig Ferguson was great. Blatant flirting with every single female guest was hilarious

Probably had some doing in it, but Humbug is still a good album

>you was
Dumb Paki

i always forget how big james corden is in america now, it seems like something from a strange dream

Up the Bracket did better and before it, so fuck off

boom

LAYING ME DOWN TO WASTE LAYING ME DOWN

yeah. i don't particularly hate him, but there's absolutely nothing special about him

andrew flintoff was even funnier than him on a league of their own

wat about this

Arctic monkeys made one good album (AM) thanks to Josh Homme, rest are trash. Libertines are more consistent