My birthday was two months ago and I still can't believe I'm 20...

My birthday was two months ago and I still can't believe I'm 20. Feels like just yesterday I was talking to my crush in 8th grade home room.

What are you guys drinking tonight?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F9L4q-0Pi4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Caribou Crossing
Crown Royal Rye
>and Reserve
Cruzan Rum
E&J's Brandy
a few others. I have Jura but now it kinda tastes like shit after having tried other whiskeys. Any recs? Also, CanadanMist, yes or no?

Beer

Omg. Terrible, horrible taste. Start with any product from the buffalo trace distillery >$20. You'll thank me later

I've been with strictly coke since 2013 cause I have stock with them

Honestly never had alcohol with anything other than coke or dry

I feel the same except I turned 23 on the 8th.

No way in hell do I feel that old.

yeah my buddy in turning 24 tomorrow and feels the same way.

Someone in my programming class was talking about hating being 20 too. At least we're not alone

20 here, can confirm, what the fuck happened.

I'm drinking nothing, because I have to be sober today. At least we're at the point where we (most of us) now grasp how fleeting time is, so that we can make less mistakes and erect the rest of our lives, before we realize we're in our 40s.

Fuck, that's going to be way fucking weird.

It's gonna happen before we know it too. I read somewhere about how time goes faster as we age because each year of our life is less & less of a fraction of it, so we perceive time as faster and faster. This concept scares the shit out of me. I'm gonna be 30 in probably what feels like a month...and I've still yet to even fuck anyone other than a hooker

each day alcoholism becomes less and less of a bad idea

Svedka/Diet Coke
Been drinking myself to sleep for about a year and a half now, it keeps away the nightmares and sleep paralysis.
In the last few days I haven't been able to get away from the sounds of my apartment waking me up in absolute terror.
I wish I wasn't like this.

just turned 30 a few days ago fellas. I actually cried a little, no lie. Do 4 years in the service, then go back to school. Still in school and I turned 30. Amazing. The years only go by quicker.

I'm sorry about your condition. Just out of curiosity, would you consider yourself an alcoholic? I drink to help sleep all the time lately but I'm worried it's going to lead to something worse

holy shit. My 20'th was cash. Now i just drink and hate my life. What do i do now?

what's your life like if you dont mind asking? I'm willing to accept 30 as long as a little changes. Even just a girlfriend would do the trick for me. OP btw

You wake up every morning. Thats it. Welcome to being an adult

better yourself? get an education if you're not already? find someone to spend most of your time with perhaps?

I'm not really sure yet.
I think it's alcohol abuse approaching alcoholism.
Because if I'm not afraid, and if I'm happy, I see no reason to drink.
I rarely blackout drink anymore, it's kind of calculated to get to the point of drunk enough to sleep, and not so drunk that I suffer in the morning.
Just be very careful and analyze why you're doing what you're doing.
Be aware of your emotions and make sure you aren't using the sleep thing as an excuse to drink away the feels.

im 20 too and Ill i do is drink myslef to death

I didn't even tell anyone I knew my bday. It was septemmber 5th and I worked a double that day. Cant stand bdays to be honest

Not bad at all really. I joined the coast guard when I was 20. Enjoyed it a lot, but decided to go back to school. Go back to school, get bachelors. Still have GI bill left over to pursue masters... Here I am. 30, living back with the parents, working on a masters degree. To be honest though, it's okay. I have a great family and awesome girlfriend of 4 years who's 23 now. Life is all about attitude man.

thats exactly what I'm doing. Used to only get drunk when I drink but now I slow-sip until I can sleep. It sucks but it's nothing compared to you. Maybe alcohol abuse is just a jewish myth...one can hope

Just turned 30. Have a great job despite never attending a single day of college, buying a place next year in a good neighborhood and going on a date with a goddess this Friday while my girlfriend stays home and hangs out with her girlfriend and our kid (we're poly)

My life fucking rules

>find someone to spend most of your time with perhaps?
how even?

sounds interesting. what's your job? I'm a busser going for a computer science degree and cant find any jobs of value at the moment

ITT: wahhh wahhh muh age :(

No wonder everyone hates millennials.

I met mine in a church of all places. Lots of good girls there looking for a long term relationship.

Drinking Penicillin, a cocktail with Scotch, honey, ginger, and lemon juice. Drinking it with Monkey Shoulder specifically

Girls aren't looking for alcoholic messes. I don't even go to church and never have.

I think as long as you don't let yourself develop a tolerance to it you will be okay.
Have you tried taking 5-HTP during the day and melatonin at night? I know that can help with sleep.
I think it really might be a myth. If I'm being honest with myself I know I have a problem, but I don't have the coping mechanisms to stop right now.
Worst part is I'm married to someone I really love, but I don't stop.

Money laundering investigations.

I can code but I've realized that pretty much all of IT is rife with nepotism. Even worse in California. You need to either be a douche brogrammer, know someone who can pull strings for you, or move to India and come in on an H1B to find anything halfway decent.

I tried 5-HTP after my first MDMA roll about 6 months ago. Turns out I'm allergic. Melatonin does nothing, hell weed barely even helps me sleep anymore. Just booze

At least youre married man. Don't ever take her for granted and let her help you...just as an outsider looking in of course

haha you would be perfect. go to a college and career group claiming your new to the whole church thing. Girls love to fix broken guys. drop the alcoholism for your own sake anyways, shit sucks.

Everyone hates everyone, idiot.

Ah man that sucks. It worked for me for a bit... we should both probably see a doctor before we destroy our livers.
I've been with him since HS, it's been about six years now.
One thing I've learned is that other people can't fix you, only you can fix you.
You need to try to heal yourself as much as you can before you can be with another person.

Imagine turning 36 bro. Feels bad man...

inb4 "old fag"...I was on Sup Forums since you were 11 years old.

Shit sounds perfect. Where do i go??

lots of churches usually have some kind of young adults group or some shit. usually the bigger the church the better your odds and the more chicks will be there anyways. Just show up, be yourself, but tone down your cursing. There are actually some pretty cool ppl in the christian crowd, just ignore the ridiculous/obnoxious ones. (even other Christians dont like them, but they will never openly admit it)

sorry didn't know you were gay or a girl

Believe me I'm trying, so far I found that finding an end result helps me through the process of just getting good grades, working a shit job, having pretty much no true friends, etc. I'm sure many here share a similar life

This is absolutely true. The older you get, the fast time passes. And the worst part is, you never really feel old. I remember when I was 21 and my ex gf brought this 24 year old guy to one of the bars where only college kids hung out, and I was like, "What the fuck are you doing with that old man!? And why the fuck did you bring him to a college bar?"

Then last year, at 35 years old, I was at a football game at the University of Nebraska and some 21 year old that I just met took me into a bar full of college kids and I've never felt so uncomfortable in my life...even though I didn't FEEL old, I knew they all thought I was some ancient grandpa. Btw, I fucked that girl later on, but she wasn't cute. If I would have been 21 years old, I wouldn't have even looked twice at her. But when you're 35, anything under 25 is fuckable. Youth makes everything better. I don't expect you faggots to understand that yet...young bastards.

the cheapest liquor i could find. i think it's vodka or maybe gin...

It's all good man the general message isn't affected by that.
If it helps you short term that's okay, it's just a matter of being too dependent.
If you can't remember the last night you were sober in months you have a problem.

This isn't always the case fellas. 30 now, but I've gradually been getting more and more attention from pretty fucking hot early 20 something girls. Experience and confidence go a long way I guess, because I certainly don't think I got *that* much better looking.

home made mead

At least you got pussy in your 20s. I'm gonna be looking back at the time I wasted when I was your age and probably contemplate suicide. My lack of self esteem and insecurities inherently prevent me from doing what I want

Hell I lost 80 pounds and I still can't go out. Life is just getting tiring more than anything

I stopped for about 5 days and felt fine. I don't think physically I'm dependent at all yet. Gonna try to make this my last bottle for a while

Kissless virgin here until I was 25. 30 now and have been in a 4 year long relationship with a cutie. What youre saying is how I felt before then. Secret is.... lie.... pretend that you are more confident than you really are... lie to everyone... lie to yourself....make yourself believe that you actually are confident and have your shit together. If you do it correctly, one day you will wake up and actually fucking believe it.

I've heard that before. I've been half-assing applying it to real life. Honestly half the time I pretend to be confident I embarrass myself (or at least that's what I perceive if there's no clear reaction) and the other half so far has led to nothing

I really don't want to be a grumpy pessimistic fuck my whole life. Maybe I'm just drunk and in a funk. I'll wake up and feel better

My Sup Forumsrother

ayy

usually go with the honey tho, requires less ice/soda

Depends on my mood I'll go neat or dirty. Rarely will I mix, tonight's one of those rare nights.

Yeah dude life has a way of just going on its easy to get lostt in the days and not realize how much time has passed

Just don't get lost in the nostalgia and keep moving forward

Also have a stomach full of vodka rum and left over Halloween candy

Fuck, your'e to real.

some cheap ass beer

That's some bad math, guy. Unless you want me to say 9/11.

bump

fuck me, I'll be 20 this month. I'm doing well in the world, but I don't feel 20. Parents are rich, Dad gave me 1000 dollars to start with, I bought first month's rent of an apartment, some nice clothes with which I went to the bank and got a teller job. I now have 2000 saved up after a few months of living cheap and not eating out. I talk to my parents daily cause I love them and things are awesome. Deciding whether or not to splash some cash on my birthday and get a ps4 and some games and have it covered by birthday money or save everything to the point where I can afford a car faster.

everything is going so well in my life I'm really scared something awful is gonna happen soon to compensate for it.

Everything awful happens in my life, but I find that some things keep happening to compensate for it.

Don't sweat it.

Im 19, Im shit scared of turning 20 next year. I see anyone thats >20 as an old cunt

Tfw old cunt in another 19 days.

youtube.com/watch?v=F9L4q-0Pi4E

30 years old and the only real friends I've had in a while (even though they were online) cut ties with me today without even really giving me a reason why.

>$1000
How can you do all that? What kind of nowhere shithole do you live in?
Around me single room studio apartments start at $1800 a month (plus 1st month rent as deposit, security deposit, cleaning deposit, extra for a parking space, more for a storage room, and more).

I live in an apartment complex with a roomate, rent is basically 450 a month in salt lake city. Also, security deposit was like 200 bucks, I guess people are more trusting out west. I had some clothes already, but got some nice ones too. Public Transit is 35 bucks a month for trax and bus. Also, got a bike from a yardsale for 40 bucks. Had 200 dollars left and saved like crazy until I had some more money. and got another job. Soon I will be able to go to university on in state tuition and work part time at the bank which is enough to support myself.

Left over from my 22nd birthday how's everyone's evening?

fuck me, $1000 is fuck all, i have $15,000 saved up from a minimum wage job.

That being said, i do live with my parents who pay for most things

Just turned 30 this year. Feels just like yesterday I turned 21. Years feel like they are going by faster and faster.

Turned 30 in July I know the feeling man. Went into the military at 18 did 6 years got out and went to school. Got a wife and 2 kids now.

welcome to the real world
wait until you suddenly turn 40 and wonder where the time went and yes it seems to speed up

Jose Cuervo Tradicional Reposado
Had a couple margaritas, then sipped down a couple glasses neat.
Great value.
Whatever you all are drinking, hope you're enjoying it

the reason I have so little is because my parents don't believe I should have the world handed to me on a silver platter. Also, I molested my sister and got sent away, I feel really fucking bad about that, so there's that too. I have no clue how they still love me but god bless them or I'd be homeless now.

This whole thread.

i turn 30 in 3 weeks fuck you i still feel 19

I'm doing good m8. Jack in PA is about $60 believe it or not

I wish i could go back to 20. Was actually talking to the girl i love and had a sick ass job a dog pound and could live life however i wanted. Now im 24 going on 25. Feel old as fuck. Girlfriend beats my ass and my 3 month old son is all thay makes me happy. Enjoy 20 and fuck bitches you can, focus on school or work and follow your dreams

dude it's OP and my best friend just turned 24. He and I are have very little differances in life. You're still young as fuck and you'll be fine as long as you know you be fine.

Ease up man, even as a 20 year old I still recognize you and I are young

>lie about everything
and then when you realise you built your life on lies, denial and no one actually knowing who you really make sure to pull blow your brains out nice and neat pls

Glad someone feels the same way. I'm 21 but still feel like I'm a freshman in highschool. I was in a serious 4 year relationship and still don't feel like an adult.

Just turned 29 and my life is going to shit but wild turkey 101 and diet Dr Pepper are helping me through it.

Meanwhile at OPs house

I paid around 45 for it but it was my birthday so I figured fuck it. What are you drinking?

Think I'm gonna try that whiskey/soda combo haha

Not drinking.

Lost my job because I failed a random drug test. Got a couple months worth of cash so I'm not worried just yet.

Went to a Halloween party and made out with the host. Shes married and now she wants to fuck me and we've exchanged nudes and shit on Snapchat but I'm not sure if I want to go through with it. Fucked a married girl before and it ended badly.

Still feels good being alpha enough that a married chick who has a huge house and is set for life is willing to risk it all just to get some of my low life jobless dick.

you and me both brother. Southern comfort fucks me up btw

It's pretty delight. I fill a glass up with about 2/3 ice then half turkey half ddp. Goes down real smooth. I'm kind of an alcoholic though so if you don't enjoy the taste of whiskey you might wanna mix lighter.

Yeah it's definitely cheap and available. Plus it's not nearly the worst whiskey I've had. And yeah I'm dating someone else no, but I ran into both my serious ex's this past week and that fucked me up more than the whiskey does lol

I'm OP with the Jim Bean. I love Jack but PA liquor laws are straight oppressive. It's not terrible with a lil coke though

Oh no I'm an alcoholic too. Straight whiskey is what I prefer, but sometimes I like mixing with Pepsi or a gingerale.

wait, mine is only 8.2 percent, what gives

So cringe

ha I moved away from hometown as soon as I got out of high school. Sometimes I think about it but most of the time I just accept I wont see them again. It's kind of nice to start a new identity I guess

Right on. Straight whiskey is a bit much for me. But I drink about 1/2-3/4 fifth a night of wild turkey mixing it like that. I don't get hammered but it chills me out and I sleep well.

what state are you in? could be cause of their % laws