Gay Parade
Skeletal Lamping
Coquelicot Asleep In The Poppies

talking heads is a given

Dosh

Morrissey

Tortoise

Dirty Three

The Church definitely have 5 good albums. They also have some not so good albums (imo)...
Check 'em out if you like neo-psych rock.

Bull Of Heaven

came to post this

also: Siouxsie and the Banshees
Converge
Brian Eno
Unwound
QOTSA
Yes
Miles Davis
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Bowie

REM, U2

not even joking but it seems like it

beach boys:

-today
-pet sounds
-smile (any version you like)
-wild honey
-sunflower
-love you

not even counting their really early stuff cause all summer long has mostly bangers

nobody's gonna say it i guess
death grips

Couldn't this apply to a lot of bands?

But anyway: Funkadelic & Parliament (They're the same damn band anyway)

You're forgetting Surf's Up, Party and Friends

Panda Bear looks weird here.

Also Radiohead.

Built to Spill have a really consistent discography.

Yep

I really like the song Id Engager and Gronlandic edit, but the album I listened to (Hissing Fauna) sounded nothing like either of those. What should I listen to?

Radiohead

Fugazi

Unwound

Modest Mouse

Boards of Canada (I think they have 5)

CAN

Julia Holter

The Knife (I think 5)

Of Montreal

Ween

I agree. I think most people here have already heard them before though.

The Dear Hunter, Acts 1-5 are all top notch. The Color Spectrum and Migrant are also quite good.

Car Seat Headrest:
-Twin Fantasy
-Nervous young man
-How to leave town
-Teens of style
-Teens of denial

Rory Gallagher
King Crimson
Steely Dan
Tom Waits
Van Morrison
Tim Buckley
Genesis
Judas Priest
Herbie Hancock
Captain Beefheart

Aesop Rock isn't a band but is the only artist i can think of who fits the description

Depeche Mode

Yes

[spoiler]Death Grips[/spoiler]

Pavement.

>Slanted and Enchanted
>Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
>Wowee Zowee
>Terror Twilight
>Brighten the Corners

AKA their entire discography.

Guided by Voices
The Fall
Ween

TORCHE

Insane Clown Posse
-Ringmaster
-Riddle Box
-The Amazing Jeckel Brothers
-The Great Milenko
-The Wraith: Shangri-La
-Hell's Pit

Death Grips
Bjork
Radiohead
Swans

Queens of the Stone Age
Portugal. The Man

chumbawamba

Swans
Aphex Twin
Autechre
Captain Beefheart (except maybe the two poppy releases)
Coil
Current 93
Death Grips
Deathspell Omega
Many jazz artists (Armstrong, Parker, Davis, Coltrane, Ra, Mingus, Ellington, and Monk alone make up like at least 60-70 albums that are worth anyone's time)

All of these artists have to an extent or another covered varying styles within their realm of music which allows for a fun variety in terms of what a listener gets from album to album.

Pic unrelated I see

this

I really only cared for '77, Fear of Music and Remain in Light. I can take or leave the rest.

Excuse me sir I believe you are missing 6 of the best ones.

Pink Floyd
Yes
The Beatles
The Grateful Dead (Though It's mostly love stuff there are a couple fantastic studio albums)
Wilco (Just barely)
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rush
Led Zeppelin

I could go on for ages but I would suggest looking for quality of quantity. Some of my favorite bands only have 2-3 albums.

beach house

Neil Young
Black Sabbath
Frank Zappa
Pink Floyd
Red Hot Chili Peppers

The Mother of Inventions
Sonic Youth
Pink Floyd
Ween
The Residents
Fugazi

more like 4

System of a Down (not even joking)
mewithoutYou
Caribou
The Cat Empire
Beck
Converge
Mastodon
Nine Inch Nails

yuck i just bought Naked what a fucking joke

>he doesn't like Naked
nigga it's in their top 3

Got any other band with 12 good albums.

You don't consider Monomania good?

Kanye West
MF DOOM
Talking Heads

Paradise Lost has 14 IMO. My Dying Bride is like 10 or 11 for 12. Give Katatonia and Anathema a few more years and they'll have a shot at 12 good albums. Time was really fucking kind to all those 90s death/doom bands.

>kanye west
>MF DOOM
>bands

Buckelhead
Steve Smith Senior
The Bends
Little In, Big Out
Over the Top
Grey Brown
The Knapsacks
Lovur Down Under
Take It!

Tom Waits isn't a band but he has 13 good albums

>not like MSABaF or Stop Making Sense

Come on man

Check out 3. It's in my top 5 CSH albums.

R.E.M. for sure

Kiss had seven good albums (the first six+Creatures of the Night).

Where the fuck do I start with of Montreal?

Ween had a pretty spotless Discog up until La Cucaracha (their latest), which even they admit isn't very good.

Eh, I probably should give their discography another go. I didn't think any of it was bad but I dunno, none of it really gripped me either. But then a record like FoM had me by the balls on initial listen. Can't really put my finger on what it is.

Start with Gay Parade, then Cherry Peel, Bedside Drama, Hissing Fauna, then Skeleton Lamping. That should be a good start.

Elliott Smith

entire discography is golden t b h

Now you have to

fuck yeah dude we posted at almost the same time.

favorite Elliott album?

This. Maybe 10+ if you include EPs and cassettes

I think I'll start with the S/T album

Either/Or is my favorite, I think the production is reserved enough that it accentuates his songwriting perfectly without drawing the emphasis from it, and just that general era of his songwriting happens to be my favorite. I guess my ranking would be

Either/Or > s/t > Figure 8 > XO > Roman Candle > From a Basement, but I think they're all 10/10's. I'm sure if Elliott was still around while From a Basement was being finished his influence would have bumped it up. New Moon would sit either before or after the s/t.

Studio albums: 15
Studio albums that exist below the line of "mediocre": 0

This is why they/he's my favorite band/artist

Guided by Voices
I personally think everything they made in the 90s is great, but most people love the 5 albums they released between 1992 and 1996, which are Propeller, Vampire On Titus, Bee Thousand, Alien Lanes, and Under The Bushes Under The Stars.

Funny, I really like Basement.

My ranking is Figure 8 > Either/Or > XO > Basement > Self Titled > New Moon > Roman Candle

Great album. I'd recommend for Figure 8 for starters though, no one dislikes Figure 8.

I only know Bee Thousand and Alien Lanes but I've been wanting to check out the other stuff

I don't think Basement is a bad album by any means, I think I just like his songwriting when it was less fingerpicking and more of that graceful nuance he was so great at. But they're all stellar albums, I think he's undoubtedly the greatest songwriter of the past 60 years.

Some people don't like Figure 8 because it's too rock-y, although Somebody That I Used to Know was the first song of his I ever heard and it did hook me pretty hard.

Most of Sup Forums only knows Bee Thousand and Alien Lanes. It's true that those are the strongest albums from the group but none of those other 3 are far behind. They're all fantastic.

Oh yeah, you can't go wrong with any album of his. Imagine what he'd be doing if he was still alive... I think he was on the verge of releasing a super weird Kid A/Age of Adz type album.

And about Figure 8, that's true, but I think it's his most well rounded and accessible. Always depends on individual taste though!

I love all of those records, I feel like Satanic Panic is hugely overrated compared to their other albums though, definitely one of the most approachable but least interesting, hence being the second highest rated on RYM despite being the 8th or so best.

Obviously this.

they've made 2 decent albums
the rest is mediocre at best

Few bands are solid their entire career.

Definitely Cocteau Twins.

can some of them be live?

>12 good albums
Pink floyd

Accurate. Though La Cucaracha does have some pretty good songs on it.

dumbos forgot to mention satanic panic in the attic. this is where id start someone as its their most poppy sounding. then if you like that you can start on some of the weirder stuff

I actually like quite a bit of La Cucaracha (Shamemaker is a real guilty pleasure) but it's definitely their weakest release.