Last book you faggots read?

Last book you faggots read?

1984 - orwell

All time favorite. Animal Farm? If you haven't, you should. Close second. That man is my soul mate. Vonnegut is my next in line.

Lord Of The Flies

It's on my shelf. I started it and then life happened. Is it as good as it's been claimed? Note my mentioned taste so far and I find Shakespeare and Frankenstein to be overrated, if that helps.

Every Day.

It's not the last book...but it's the best book.

I finished it for about the 30th time last week.

It's pretty much the perfect Sup Forums novel.

It has masurbation in it. Also, a guy bangs his teacher's wife.

A hot girl goes to a naked party.

people fuck animals.

Guys go to Mexico to fuck whores.

I has incest in it. (Mother in law incest.)

The head coach is a closet case.

THere's lot's of other faggotry in it as well. But that's enough for Sup Forums. It's pretty much the perfect book for you fags.

That was 12 years ago dude when i was in middle school, the last time i read a book. It's pretty terrifying

Been a while. Must've been something by Hunter S Thompson, though. Vonnegut is good, man.

You haven't read a book in twelve years?

I had honestly never heard that name and I've heard it so many times this week. who is this Thompson guy?

I don't read a lot, but the book im reading currently is Neuromancer.

The Plague by Albert Camus

I wish there was a number greater than infinity.

That way I could count the ways I hate you so much.

Yeah

Stagnate, faggot.

Huh. It feels weird to recognize a lot of the books/authors mentioned here. Not that I really liked Neuromancer.

Can't remember the last time I read a book for fun, been meaning to... I've been waiting on the last book in the "The Long Earth" series by Pratchett & Baxter, so I probably finished reading the second-last book in that series. But I probably read something by Robert Charles Winston before that, some novel.

Man, I need to make time for some more books and shit.

What?

I take back what I said, regarding 1984 bwing my favorite. I forgot how much I loved this classic.

He's a journalist. Crazy dude. Took a lot of drugs. Was a master of writing and prose. Known for his dark, but equally humanistic, approach to political and social issues of his time. Read these short stories of his and you'll know a bit more of his style. These two are of his best, I think.

>Electricity
A ponderence piece on the unbound and almost magical nature of electricity.

>First Visit with Mescalito
He wrote this while coming up on either mescaline or acid. Can't remember. You'll notice his writing change as he gets more fucked up. It's hilarious. It's like sharing a trip.

Oooh. Gonna check that shit out fer sure. ANY other recommendations? that sounds right up my alley.

Oh, am I saying wrong? I apologize. What I'm trying to say is that only a pig would enjoy those novels?

I don't think i've got it right. I mean to to say...Only a swine would enjoy those books.

congrats, you said essentially the same thing twice, you just worded it differently. Unique and original :D

This is probably why I seldom share my interests in book with people in general. There's no way to have a conversation when this happens.

What exactly are you upset about? People enjoying different literature than you?

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (classic)
Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 (long and very political)
The Great Shark Hunt
Generation of Swine
Songs of the Doomed
Better Than Sex
And possibly The Rum Diary (novel)

i bought animal farm and several other dystopian books but haven't had the time to read them yet.

Cat in the hat

I have no idea what you're talking about. Did you reply to yourself by accident?

I got Brave New World a while back, but I've been too busy taking soma and going to orgies to read it..

Bump for good suggestions. Looking to read some interesting shit.

>the irony

Please tell me you're into BDSM.

>Wool series, Hugh Howey
>Spin series, Robert Charles Wilson
>Ghost Fleet, August Cole
Coming up empty with anything else, because it's been a while since I read anything I thought was neat, and I figure you've already read stuff like Cat's Cradle, for example.