Arcade Fire killed rock...

Arcade Fire killed rock. These fags made it cool to be indie and now 90% of rock is indie sung by a bunch of kids with no life experience. They took the balls out of rock music.

Rock was killed by post-grunge and nu-metal before Arcade Fire even existed.

Arcade fire has always been chamber pop.

But indie isn't a genre

Who cares? Nobody listens to that kind of music anymore. If you're not black or queer, you're not relevant.

please do bitch more about how not every band is ACDC

>Thinks "muh primal masculinity" is the key to good music

>now 90% of rock is indie sung by a bunch of kids with no life experience

"music sung by a bunch of kinds with no life experience" has been rock's main shtick since the 1950's

indie rock is a genre.

Uncompromizing masculinity is the key to good art in general. Not to mention the only chemo capable of saving us from the cuck cancer of the modern age.

not at all. even singy rock used to have balls to it. pink moon is some real shit.

car seat headrest, arcade fire, and shit like that is what is wrong with rock.

i do really hate the whole indeh aesthetic arcade fire popularized. i don't think it's about some idealised notion of masculinity, i just think they're a bunch of utter wankers

funeral is still the cheesiest most unengaging album i've ever sat through. rebellion (lies) is kind of a guilty pleasure because it has a killer hook, other than that i just felt this odd mixture of embarrassment and boredom every time i listened to it

arseholes

>pink moon
>rock

>Singy rock
You obviously know nothing about music and need to stop spreading your Neanderthal opinions around Sup Forums (arcade fire are shit anyway)

Too bad for you OP said indie, not indie rock

folk is a part of rock

shut up

wow, I didn't realize folk derived from rock. thanks for enlightening me user!

i didn't say folk derived from rock you little faggot.

It literally is not.

saying "folk is a part of rock" implies that and is just as retarded

no it doesn't. it means i can lump them together because they're similar enough.

you do realize folk isn't just folk rock right

no. it's bands like real estate that killed rock

You really can't because one is popular music, the other is traditional music. Unless you think anything with an acoustic guitar is folk

sissy detected

shut the fuck up grandpa

i can lump folk and rock together because i'm not a nitpicking cunt like some of you in here. they sound similar enough.

Youll learn the importance of masculinity one day.

>thinks bruteness means masculinity

it's hard for me to take your elegy for traditional masculinity seriously when you're typing at me in memespeak

do something about it nerd

>singy rock used to have balls to it

you're about to get some balls put to you if you keep talkin about nuts and dicks all day

>i can lump folk and rock together because i'm not a nitpicking cunt
No, you're just a musically uneducated cunt

>falling for the 'geetar muzak is diverse enough to warrant multiple microgenres' meme

kys, if it's not electronic hip hop jazz or classical it's rock

>electronic
>hip hop
Same thing.

>kys, if it's not electronic hip hop jazz or classical it's rock
electronic, hip hop, jazz and rock are all popular music you dummy

its the difference between you taking a girl home or her going with some goofy tory lanez prim and proper kid

Nope. Arcade Fire are nothing like the typical indie rock group though. Not only in how their do their music (especially in terms of arrangement), but their aesthetic as well. Indie rock as a whole has been influenced far more by late 80s/early 90s alternative/dream pop style bands than by Arcade Fire.