What's the best hip hop album ever and why is it pic related?

what's the best hip hop album ever and why is it pic related?

>memerap
>good
kys

>meme swords
>good at all
Will never understand the hype for this album.

Literally WHAT is the appeal

Every track is good.

i don't get how people can prefer this to 36 chambers at all

What the fuck is wrong with you people.

The lyrics are great.
The production is great.
The features are great.
The samplers are great.
Every track is great.

Liquid Swords is the definition of "cold" album.

tech n9ne lul

mixing mobb deep and ready to die w/ dmx and the game

What a biting criticism.

>hey i'd like the "i didn't get liquid swords so i'll make a chart listing every other rap album i've listened to as better" special please

All this record has is "muh cool play on lyrics"

Boring ass typical boom bap minimalist beats.

Straight forward as fuck track structures where it's the exact same shit being played over and over again and nothing really deviates.

Not all that special flow from GZA with baby ass rhythms coming from his mouth.

It's amazing that something this monotonous gets praised while more varying, visceral and dynamic artists like Death Grips are considered jokes.

>discounts having great lyrics on a rap record

"all this metal album has is good guitar"

"all this jazz album has is good licks"

>caring about lyrics in MUSIC
Go read some poetry, that shit is much better at lyrical content.

I think your ability to evaluate music outside of your rock comfort zone in just lacking.

at least you've shown yourself to not like rap, so you probably should just leave this thread since you're against the genre

Contrarians, the plague ruining the world desu

I was with you, but then....
>50 cent

Damn it man...

Why did you quote me?

>tech n9ne
>hopsin
make you bait less obvious next time

its barely even boom bap

Oh no, I understand hip hop's particular ability to deliver on a style of rhythmic interplay that's can't really be found in rock music. I am just saying that this album sucks ass at delivering that.

Nigga, hip hop didn't emphasize lyrics as super important until 13-14 years into its inception. It's not a huge part of the music, and if anything, guys that only cared for having cool lyrics while having boring ass flow and style have contributed as much to hip hop's downfall as someone who has a banger beat but can't rap for shit.

They are all in that same vein of boring 80s/90s sparse beats. Maybe only a slight step above because of the RZA martial arts flavor sprinkled on it, but it's not a big difference maker.

Shut up, Drake. There's nothing as bad as Heathen or Future2Future on that chart.

>honestly thinking that pound syndrome is a better album than liquid swords

hilarious joke my friend

there is an influx young high school posters

so you will get a lot of shit posts who are legitimate retards who don't lurk first before posting

just dont take these responses seriously

LAMP CITY by Cam Meekins. Not my favorite hip hop album, but it is one of my favorites due to the simple yet amazing production and Atmosphere-like story telling. The bad news is that he falls off after this project, never putting out anything on the level.

>Future2Future
Future 2 future isn't on my chart....