Correct me if I'm wrong. Here is a huge thing that bothers me:

Correct me if I'm wrong. Here is a huge thing that bothers me:

Don't you need to cross the Twins to get to Moat Cailin and then Winterfell?

Why the fuck did they want help from Blackfish, they literally have no chance to cross the Twins. What about huge army of Vale? How would they cross that river, the Twins' only importance is its location. It connects north to south.

Just how the hell did they pass the goddamn river?

Good point.
Maybe because Baelish hating the Lannisters isnt public knowledge yet so he was allowed across by Walder?
Or maybe he sailed across the little stretch of water between the vale and the north?
I didnt even think about that.

They have totally ignored geography and travel speed and time passage in the show to stop the narrative from getting bogged down.

not a bookfag but the manderlys are loyal to the starks and one of their heirs died at the red wedding

i guess they go through white harbor?

Honestly travel times in the past two seasons have been fucking retarded, hell the Greyjoy siblings traveled all the way to Mereen in like a week, and Littlefinger seems to just teleport around with a big ass army whenever he wants. Didn't it take 3 months to get from Winterfell to King's Landing in Season 1?

Itt: mega nerds

Guess what boy-o it's all fiction! Anyway Why would they waste time showing something so insignificant?

>it's all fiction!
>Is on a board dedicated to television & film that is mostly fiction

nigga the north doesn't remember shit in the shows

if i was jern snew i'd be taking heads left and right for being oath breakers

The kingsroad is to the the east of the twins. You would not need to cross there to get to the North from the Vale.

>Don't you need to cross the Twins to get to Moat Cailin and then Winterfell?
You don't. You can just use the Kingsroad which doesn't involve the Twins.

The Manderlys are a completely based Northern house in the books who support a Stark coup over the Boltons, but for whatever reason D&D wrote them out because they don't like having good characters and stories in their show.

You must be awful to hang out with at parties.

The Vale is at the other side of the Trident. They don't need to cross the river to get to the Neck. Besides, The Crossing is not the only way through the river, only the quickest if you want to get to the Westerlands.

>Didn't it take 3 months to get from Winterfell to King's Landing in Season 1?

Yes, but only because the Queen wanted to go with the carriages and almost the full court, and at a slow-ass pace. Bobby B. mentions it once or twice in the books. Plus, The Vale is much, much closer to The North than King's Landing.

The Lannister regime is actively against the Boltons, so Vale soldiers being sent up north wouldn't arouse any suspicion. Presumably Frey was told in advance so he might have let the Vale army through

Why would they be actively against one of their strongest allies?

STFU AND LIKE THE NECROTIC SHITTY RECTUMS OF D&D

OP's logic

Ramsay marrying Sansa is a no-no

This.
Rob needed to go through the twins to get to the Riverlands, but they are not necessary to travel from the Vale to the North. Still doesn't excuse how the Vale Knights got to Winterfell undetected by anyone though.

> Ramsay kills his father, the Frey girl, and her son
> now the freys are against the boltons
> cersei already gave CIA the OK to attack the boltons

Wtf why didn't robb just go around the twins?

Who is in charges of moat cailin? I thought Boltons were

lots of northerners lost people at the red wedding yet none of them seem to give a shit. the two jews running this shitshow know nothing about honoring oaths so they make all the northern houses shit on their oaths.

he was going to riverlands and then westerlands

Littlefinger tells Sansa he took it when he teleports to meet her

they may have been camped elsewhere waiting?

>Still doesn't excuse how the Vale Knights got to Winterfell undetected by anyone though.

aircraft and radio haven't been invented yet. if you read history books you will see literally armies running into each other not knowing the other was there

Littlefinger controls Moat Cailin

Because Lannister forces blocked off Kingsroad and it's hard to transport a big army across a river.

From the Vale, if you go north you can sail to Sisterton (the three sisters) and then white harbor.

yeah it honestly made little sense i checked the map just now and you're right

What about the guy who specifically gave Sansa to Ramsay

No there are other crossings the Twins are just the largest and when Jon went south the river had flooded making crossing anywhere else impossinle

No they fucking don't. Every sizable armies having forward scout chains for miles, nobody just up and accidentally ran into enemy armies.

This, which is probably for the best because otherwise the Ironborn might still not be in Mereen yet.

armies make a lot of fucking noise bro. They kick up a dustcload while on the move and at night need a sea of campfires to make dinner and keep warm.

They eat from the countryside or need suply-lines, suply-lines slows down any moving army and eating from the countryside makes a mess of the countryside. Villagers would have seen the army approaching and sent messages to the provincial capital.

Also not sending out scouts is a thing that only dumb cunts do.

It was a battle in the North.

Of fucking course it was going to be resolved by random cavalry charging out of nowhere, as is tradition.

Mance's scouts actually knew Stannis is approaching in their flank.

REMEMBER SEASON 5

>Baelish gives Sansa to the Boltons
>Informs Cersei of this (who wants Sansa dead, because she's a fugitive)
>Gets a royal decree to kill the Boltons
>Moves his army through the Riverlands and the Twins. Freys have to let him through, because he has Cersei's royal decree.
>Takes Moat Cailin and stations his forces there

Baelish used boats, the absolute madman

>if you read history books you will see literally armies running into each other not knowing the other was there

Literally never happened.

Most warfare was based on besieging your enemy's cities and armies would only fight each other if they either had no choice or one of them was losing and wanted to force a victory.

Not to mention that in Westeros they use ravens, which are much, much faster than normal messengers

Then why didn't Ramsay know he was coming if CIA had occupied one of his castles?

Most likely Walder thought CIA was still loyal to the king and was terrified what would happen if he denied Ramsay's pseudo father in law passage

In the ninth episode of the first season they have the northerners shooting down Frey's ravens to stop messages getting through, presumably LF is smart enough to do it as well

Maybe he knew. He had a closer Stark force to deal with, though. If Sansa dies, all the better - he's a dindu now.

All you have to do is kill the maester and his ravens, it's not like they keep in regular contact or anything

Yeah, but this is a thread about the Vale Knights' moment. Ramsay is totally incompetent if he is just ignoring an entire army that has shown up out of nowhere, particularly after killing Roose and losing Sansa, because that means his alliance with LF is scotched. Any one with half a brain would have sent just one or two men to come riding in if the Vale lords make their move further into his territory.

This happened five episodes ago. You're telling me that one of the most crucial castles in the north is taken over by an invading army fro weeks and Ramsay just never knows about it?

Maybe he thought Littlefinger was coming to help him because they still have an alliance.

He was too busy being an edgelord

Well Robb caught Jaime unaware exactly because they crossed the Twins without anyone knowing about it

An alliance based on what Roose said (who Ramsay killed) and keeping Sansa safe (who Ramsay abused and tortured). Ramsay should be incredibly worried about what LF's intentions are here, not letting him march into his territory with no idea of what he's doing and without even being invited.

Yes, but the Freys were in charge of the Twins, not the lannisters and Robb attacked Jaime days later. LF has been there for weeks - before Jon and Sansa set off to find northern allies.

He really couldn't do anything about it at that point. Ramsey's military prowess relied on his personal cruelty, guerilla tactics and ability to inspire fear. None of that would have been effective in this situation. The Knights of the Vale alone could have blown him out. His only move was to roll the dice and hope Littlefinger was there to help him, which wasn't the case after all.

Did Sansa know about CIA coming with an army and used Jon and his men as a bait to catch Ramsay off guard or did she just meet CIA randomly when he was approaching?

No, she wasn't sure if he was actually going to show up or not. How would she have known? She rode over to him when she saw him because he's her new dad/sexlord.

did anyone even look at this map? the vale is on the north side of the trident

No. The logic of the battle is that Jon's army is smaller than Ramsay's and can be destroyed. If there was any doubt about another army coming up then Ramsay would retreat to Winterfell and pull his "20 GOOD MEN" tactic again.
He can wait safely in winterfell to see what LF's intentions are.

Rationalize all you want - Ramsay should have known and reacted to another army in his land, but didn't for plot reasons.

>No, she wasn't sure if he was actually going to show up or not. How would she have known?

He literally wrote her a letter offering his help though, not to mention that she already knows he's in love with her

If she didn't know if LF was even coming, doesn't that blow the "she let Rickon and Jon's men die" theory out of the water?

Doesn't LF has a reasonable fleet of ships?

It's a dumb fucking theory. She's cruel and cunning (smiling after Ramsay's face gets bitten off) but she doesn't want to kill her own family.

I was convinced that Davos would see the 20 good men on his walk and sound the alarm. That would have been beautiful.

He visited and she said "you let me get raped fuck off". He offered help and she wrote saying "yes pls halp daddy". That doesn't mean he would have gotten there in time. Even if she is sure he's going to show up.

btw...loved seeing the white raven in the finale's preview.

He didn't go around Moat Cailin, he occupied it. He says so in ep 4 of this season.

I agree.

And yes it would. A little bit of reality to fuck over the edgelord general would have been sweet.

>That doesn't mean he would have gotten there in time

There isn't a lot of distance between Moat Cailin and Winterfell, and if she mentioned that it's urgent they could've driven their horses full on to get there in time

>Just how the hell did they pass the goddamn river?
like that

Littlefinger can't magically know exactly when the battle is going to take place. Like I said, it's not a guarantee that he could get there in time. But he wants that cruel ginger pussy so I'm not surprised he showed up.

kill yourself

The Vale is on the northern side of the Green Fork, so they wouldn't have to cross the river to get north.

I disagree, I think what they said about showing weakness was right: while Ramsay could count on the North opposing Stannis, if Jon Snow and Sansa kept him holed up in Winterfell too long, the other lords would join Jon Snow and give him a force sufficient to take Winterfell, or scare his troops into mutiny

hope you get raped by niggerfaggots

Also the fact that other people exist that are not part of the current plot. They can just march past everything to Winterfell unnoticed by the Boltons or potential Stark allies.

This is the difference between the books and the series, and the reason GRRM is taking so long.

Shit on him as much as you like but the man logically gets his character where they need to be instead of just teleporting them around

tell that to the autistic faggot redditors that think this show takes place in real time