Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/int/thread/70636455/#70654929
twitter.com/AnonBabble

America is not in its golden age desu

america is the best country in the world right now

we're riding the tail end of our Pax Americana

I think americas best time was 1920s and 50s

but they still live in the best country in the world

Not really, their golden age was when Europe was busy destroying it self with wars.

>Americans too stupid to understand that they live in a golden age of America

>record export rates
>highest employment rate in history
>highest tax revenue in history.
>public budget surplus
>bond yields are negative, people are paying us for taking their money.
>surrounded by allies and friendly countries
>unified territory
>biggest economy in Europe
>most dominnat EU country, politically
>first European contact for other major powers(China, India)
>most popular country in the world according to the BBC country poll
>football world champion

Feels good living in your country's Golden Age before the Demographic Winter kicks in.

The period after the cold war and before 9/11 was clearly the best time. Everyone was optimistic about the future because the Soviet Union was dead and the internet was connecting us all and doing a bunch of cool shit. The economy was great and crime was starting to decline.

except america's golden age was the cold war

But Hans, your golden age was 1939-1942.

italy at its worst is still better than america at its best m8

You a have a to a go a back Luigi.

not true

i was gonna object and say that it was during the HRE when your culture formed but then i realized everyone in the HRE was sick and poor
maybe hitler wasn't so disastrous after all

>Americans believe that their golden was during cold war

That golden age still extends to today you tard.

But the Italians of today are pale Germanic rape babies. The Romans who conquered the Europe were olive skinned and had curly hair.

Have you ever even been to Italy? it's a fucking shithole outside the north.

>the end of the cold war didn't bring about elation and prosperity in his country
>in fact it brought about national humiliation, intense poverty, and set the stage for another kleptocracy to come into power

t. has not been to italy

t. know Italy only from Sup Forums

I don't think we're in the golden age, but certainly would agree that america is probably the most interesting country to live in currently. Doesn't mean it's the best though. I mean tell people digging ditches that they're in the golden age of america and they'll say que?

This is a copypaste from some Reddit 90skidznostalgia page.

>Americans too stupid to prove their points

>Golden Age

That's soon to be over

On a separate note, I keep having to fucking add more tweets to this pic. It just never ends.

it was in the 80s and the early 90s imo. most urban/street products incl hollywood people consume today, distributed worldwide, originate from the era.

this italian is utterly pathetic. his brain must be of internet memes, and most ameriboos/the shills are the same too.

Were feeling the downward pressure. Debt is higher, wages are lower, opportunities for entrepreneurs seem more risky and less lucrative, and the moral correctness of U.S. imperialism is approached with more skepticism-- all compared directly with the previous generation. The boomers had it better.

>The Great Depression

yeah man

Link me to it because that'd be an amazing coincidence if I somehow managed to come up with that and it's word for word what someone on a website I don't visit said.

I never visited the north, but I did go to Rome and it was literally worse than the most of the places in Mexico I've visited.

My vote for "golden decade" is 1950's or 1990's

but it's not like a golden age can't have some troubles, how do we define a golden era

south italy > usa

True actually. The 1990s was the zenith of human civilization. I will never forget the 90s.

t. visits tourist shitholes and wonders why he's visiting a shithole
>average american tourist

Not enough Mcdonalds for you Billy Bob ?

t. low IQ subhuman

>>mfw americans live in the golden age of their country

Rome is a shithole, as is the case with most capital cities. Still, there are more things of outstanding artistic value in Rome than in your entire country.

t. northerner

No excuse for having tourist shitholes that are even shittier than Mexico tourist shitholes.

Greece was better too.

Added

>greece was better too

that's a low blow my man

There were plenty of McDonalds

Europe needs chic fila and popeyes. Only then will they know how good fast food is.

Honestly they probably already do but idk.

Bullshit. Athens is way dirtier and poorer than Rome.

Okay listen Luigi, you worthless fucking faggot. Your country is a fucking joke, you're a communist shit hole and you can't afford to fix the fucking cracks in your sidewalk. I went for an audience with the pope the other day, and my mother wept, not for the popes speech, but for the poor, the dying children not inside the walls but on the streets of the surrounding city. It's so sad, how Italy creates the false heir of history, and clings to it so, Florence, Sienna, Orvieto, Assissi, the great religious men who worked here, and died there to feed the poor, their tombs are trodden over by the people brought in to exploit your cities of their people while the government takes all the revenue to spend on its fucking it's crooked agenda. You were gifted these monuments to the ancient world by your ancestors, and you squander it on nothingness. You're a fucking dirty disgusting people, and your last concern should be football you fucking spineless piece of shit.

cool your jets guy

>communist shit hole
Stopped reading there desu.

You seem upset, though.

it's a pasta

Are you fucking kidding me

>tell an american he is (objectively) wrong
>he goes full sperg
Are american never told they can be (should be "are") wrong?

Thank you based Bill

yeah, the mafia violence from the Prohibiton, then the Great Depression, then WW2 then Korean war were the greatest periods

>MFW STARKEKS, PIZZA HUT, AND SUBWAY DON'T EVEN EXIST IN CROATIA

That doesn't mean they're in a golden age

America's golden age was in the 1950s

we have them all, starbucks is fucking trash, pizza hut i think got bankrupt when dominoes opened.

subway is decent tho

they're all garbage

i like subway because there is one working 24/7 right infront of my home so its pretty much the main food when im drunk as fuck during the night.
i like that their products are usually fresher and better quality than the rest of the chains

KFC is my guilty pleasure tho, i know its fucking trash, but i love their chicken

wish we had something like in-n-out or 5 guys, mcdonalds and burger kings are utter shit

Just because we're at the top now, it doesn't mean we're at the highest we ever were relative to the rest of the world.

yeah, I basically just eat KFC if I eat fast food

but it's insane how Croatia got KFC just 5-6 years ago, Burger King even later (like 2 years ago or something and there's only 1)

I've /blog/ed a lot how Croats percieve McD's as upper class and shit, but when your pay is like 5 euro per hour, a 5 euro meal is probably not that cheap

desuarchive.org/int/thread/70636455/#70654929 if anyone is interested, is a good rant thread on how Croats are weird about Mcd's and such

yeah, all those fast food chains are overpriced actually for what they are

to get really well fed, you get to pay at least 10 euros in McDdonalds for example, why you can buy a huge, greasy, full with meat doner for 2 euros and eat the same amount of food.

thats why i prefer subway too, the sub of the day is like 1.50, ~2 euros for a regular and around 4 euros for the footlong

haha, this is why I kek when Croats tell me that places like the UK are expensive and that Croatia is much cheaper

I know that it isn't

t. Croats have to pay double for a kebab than Bulgars

I remember eating Subway way back I was a kid and it didn't taste that good, but I think I it was just ham or something

It's true.
Banter aside, America is currently the most powerful and most advanced country. Everything thats relevant in the world either has its roots in America or is improved there.

>1810s-1820s
>China #1 at ~33%
>India #2 at ~16%
>UK, France and Germany COMBINED at ~14%
hahahahahaha

who the fuck made this shit?

You do realize that UK, France and Germany are small countries compared to China and India, right?

yeah, croatia seems way too expensive, how do you guys survive? your average wage is like 100 euros more than ours but everything seems at least 3 times more expensive

i have a croatian friend from split and i was really baffled when he told me hes playing around ~40-50 euros for his internet, while his speed was 2 times slower than mine

>tfw you will never live in the 1950's

>tfw still Pax Britannica

feels good man

euros BTFO

Yes, and?

Even today, after decades of enormous growth, India still has a lower GDP than France, despite the insane population difference.

Do you really unironically think that the three countries which were in the midst of the industrial revolution (which they pioneered) had LESS THAN HALF of China, a country which was back then extremely poor, undeveloped, isolationist, and already being controlled more and more by Europeans? And India was already England's bitch by then.

Those numbers are completely farsical at best, and completely revisionist at worst.

>dad was able to afford a sports car in high school while working retail and to live on his own right out of high school
>higher level job doesn't get me any of that shit

NOT GOLDEN AGE

damn
living in America in the 18th century must have been bad
(or living anywhere in 18th century, actually)

well, the UK already had the Empire back then, so it really wasn't that small

>paying around ~40-50 euros for his internet
fugg, yeah, while it's def not the priciest internet in Europe, it's shit for the price. I pay around €25 for 100 down, 100 up

Most Croats I talk to don't notice the price which is frustrating, since they think that Croatia is way cheaper than other euro cunts, which isn't really the case

to be fair, cars then were a lot cheaper (even with inflation)

though, I know that yanks now sometimes sell their cars for like $500 or something insane like that

You can buy a working car for $500, but you'll almost certainly spend twice that in repairs and maintenance.

A FUCKING RAMP

50s were only good if you were a heterosexual white male.

WTF I HATE THE 50S NOW

>le women were oppressed meme

>tfw not a starbucks or McDonalds cunt

Complete garbage graph
Irrelevant, as stated, although he then went on a ramble about a poor, isolationist and underdeveloped 1820 Qing china which is just preposterous: even though the signs of decadence were beginning to show by then, it would only come decades later.
>living anywhere in the 18th century
Ah yes gimmie dat reddit vision of history
>the UK already had the empire
Technically untrue, the "empire" would claim such a title only after 1858, with the dissolution of the mughal empire and the creation of the british raj. By 1820 the amount of british oversea territories was big, but by no means "huge", remarkable or unconvential, expecially after the secession of the Thirteen Colonies.

Quality of life is better here though.

>Great Depression
>1920s

wat

yeah but the 50s were cooler
and the 60s and 70s and 80s, but especially the 50s

Good'ol times of slavery and segregations were better my dude.