Can someone with minimal tinfoil explain what these boxes / sensors on the street light in my city are...

Can someone with minimal tinfoil explain what these boxes / sensors on the street light in my city are. They have been putting them up all over in the past week.

Other urls found in this thread:

crowncastle.com/communities/small-cell-solutions.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=a654FBAzeis
youtube.com/watch?v=604aNgh9FuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They pick up the rfid signals your dental fillings emit more efficiently than standard surveillance vehicles.

kek

I said minimal tinfoil sir.

These boxes look like a low energy transformer, usually for the cables connected

They have nothing to do with the light itself, which has been there for years now. I'm guessing the boxes on top are some sort of receiver / transmitter, and the large lower box is the control / power.

Seriously, someone must know what these are.

Those are bird homes for city dwelling pigeons. They are to uncomfortable to sleep in woods so use peoples house which is becoming a major issue so here we are, they are near roads as its a peaceful environment for the city pigeon. Nothing to worry about

Street-level chemtrail boosters.

Watch The X-files episode "Wetwired"
All you need to know friend ;)

Posted from the Ecuadorian embassy

Apparently Sup Forums has been inundated with underage retards.

Hello CIA

you blotted out there flags? are you fucking retarded?

dunno, I'd have to guess it's some sort of sensor or something. Maybe it collects traffic data.

That is minimal. Wake up you sheep.

Electrician here, those are more or less just signal boosters for street lights, People think street lights run off AC power when in fact they run off DC power, they save money that way. To anyway they jut boost the power of the signal to the street lights and tell them to turn on or off depending on the brightness coming from the sun

looks like a cellphone tower, but it's odd that it's that low. Where is it located? Any government buildings around?

>there flags
>calling another retarded

Wew lad

Hm. Then if you must try hard for foil then they can be jammers with power supply connections

can i trust you?

Nice try NSA

See how flat the street light is? its one of those fancy fuck LED lights, and they require DC power, thats just the transform box from Ac to Dc, see all the wires at the top? thats a distributor box that goes to other lights on the street

that doesn't make much sense, so you're saying this is a controller for wireless streetlights?

Could be a network company installing them.

Those street lights have operated fine without these boxes for years.

of course you can

It's probably that smart grid bullshit. We just got 'smart' meters here in the south burbs of Chicago, my bill has ALREADY gone up.

they're LED lights

>looks like a cellphone tower
Bitch, where the fuck is the antenna? That shit is a damn light. Fuck is wrong with you?

looks valuable, steal them take them apart find out.
>pretty sure they are brain control systems to increase the effects of propaganda.
>placed by the jews.

Probably end point wireless internet, you someplace Google is testing out things?

You must be really fun at parties if you couldn't notice a subtle of sarcasm in

Those are bombs they're goigt blow up so the goverment can blame foreigners and start a war to steal your tax money, and keep population at bay.

>it looks like a cellphone tower

Uhhhhh what?

What part of "these street lights have operated fine without these boxes for years" didn't you understand? They have been LED street lights for ages now, and these boxes were just installed yesterday.

the two top boxes are the antennas you dipshit.

The things on the top are Sector antennas, so named because they illuminate a certain 'sector' of a 360 degree arc with RF radiation. Most of the time these will be cell phone antennae, but this looks like a Wifi distribution system. The box below likely contains some control module that powers the antenna as well as a backup power source.

tl;dr: either some municipal wifi, or cell phone tower

>a subtle of sarcasm

And you're a fucking moron who doesn't know what sarcasm is.

Probably nerve gas canisters.

there aren't giant antennas in the central city, there are many smaller ones to handle the traffic.

Nigger detectors. As soon as a darkie is spotted, doors lock automatically, businesses close, house values drop, and your bike disappears.

Oh yeah, it could also be a relay for local CCTV cameras, blasting the signal from one area around a corner or to another tower somewhere.

trust me, they're required for continued operation of the LED street light there is nothing to worry about

It always was and always will be the retard underage's playground.

inb4: we're hackers and criminals

Those are the fluoride holding tanks, the refill them with weather balloons. They also double as switchports to allow the NSA through your local domain's subnet, giving them access to your secure information.

You should definitely take a crowbar to these, nothing but bad government shenanigans there.

>lets put an antenna inside of a box to impede any signals

said no cell phone provider, ever

It could also be a Stingray device, which is why i want to know if there are any governmental buildings around.

You should come to canada

CCTV aren't wireless, hence Closed Circuit TeleVision

Oh bore off you utter wanker

Donald Trump vote detectors.
If you don't vote for Donald Trump, he will send the 2nd Amendment people to take you out.

I am fairly close to a main police station and city hall. There are dozens of these going up everywhere in the city, just in the past week. Why would a cell system need that many boosters?

Stingrays aren't permanently installed devices. They're easily identifiable by amateur radio snobs, or with apps like snoopsnitch on your phone. Usually the stingray devices you're thinking of are a small, road-mobile device. For persistent snooping, your government simply coerces network providers for taps into their existing infrastructure rather than building their own.

cellphones operates on high frequencies, which means the antennas dont need to be large, and can be kept inside a weatherproof plastic container.

>Canada

no thanks, I don't speak canadian

‌ ‌ ▲
▲‌ ▲

Municipal wifi or backhaul for CCTV systems, etc.
see:
an encrypted wireless connection is a 'closed circuit', please see my image. There's a small panel antenna on most CCTV systems that points either to a central office, or a radio relay, which could look like OP's pic.

theres something so utterly specific about the shape and positioning of the upper boxes, i would say it is almost certain those are cellphone antennas.

usually for maximum coverage you would put them way up, so possibly these are installed down there
>a because its cheap (cheaper than renting space and maintenance access on someones roof)
>b because high bandwidth data access is deemed necessary in the vincinity (high population density / public plaza / municipal office)

eh? what are you talking aboot my maple syup moose for? oh sorry eh

if you're close to a city hall, then i'm thinking stingrays.
Stingrays devices vary in size, some are permanent installations like these, others are small like a cellphone.

Based on research it is one of two things:

It's a hanging battery, useful during power outages. If they eventually transition to Solar Powered lights it'll also serve as a backup battery for extremely shady days.

OR

It’s a “collector unit” for electronic meters. Increasingly common across the country, devices like this one capture data from utility meters in nearby homes.

Can we get higher res, OP?

Look at the boxes on top,kej. now those cables on op pic looks like 7 pin radio connector plugs.
100% there is some radio receiver in there.
The adjustable light thing could be something observe if they now have a dimmer function and you would know.

>the production energy and materials required to make the dimmer negate any positive effect on efficiency.

Municipal wifi is my first guess.

I love how they use hose clamps.

THEY ARE SENSORS FOR EMERGENCY VEHICLES. IF AN EMERGENCY VEHICLE IS COMING IT WILL TURN THE OPPOSING LIGHT RED.

huh, i didn't know they've moved onto encrypted wireless, seems like a bad idea on their end. I know CCTV in my country is hardwired for security

no, they are smaller and sit ontop of traffic lights

Why don't you fucking open one?

>on street lights

your tinfoil has a rip in it

any bigger exceeds the 2mb image size limit. I'll isolate just the top part.

>continued operation
What was threatening the continued operation?

any chance you could go and get a close up of the ground box?

Also not true.like I said, if they want persistent access to a given area, every country on earth's government has a way to simply directly tap the cell provider's network infrastructure.

They will also issue a gag order of some sort to prevent disclosure of the access request. AT&T in the states simply gives the authorities an on-demand tap via an automated system hooked into their central backhaul.

My picture is what an actual stingray
intercept site looks like.

they are antennas for sure.

Leak! Leeeaaak! Cicada and Anothermouse collaborated to leak these X-Files!

>tell them to turn on or off depending on the brightness coming from the sun
>the brightness coming from the sun

Why would they put a radar system named doplar in to a housing? right? it would much better with out the protecting shell

you're talking a tap on a known target. The idea behind stringrays are to get IMSI numbers of phones in a given area, and the use of several stingrays can track where you're going.
There are lots of these in england for example, they are around every governmental building.

Multiple of the same connection coming out the bottom makes me think it's a telecoms thing. Could be some sort of public wifi routers or pay to use. They have BT ones all around everywhere here (UK) and I think the routers are often in random places like street lights or electrical posts. Those cables in the bottom could be multiple connections to the fibre optic network below the street.

Wifi mesh

Fucks your shit up

Those are signal sniffers/recorders so they can listen to your calls, intercept sms, catch wifi internet traffic packets etc.

i concur, seems like there is a strong transmitter and receiver in there , you could have some fun with this or sell it 2 years from now for some$$

That's what I was thinking. I would imagine it's hooked up to one of these somewhere down the line.

Again though, why would they reimplement an easily detectable, obviously present copy of existing cellular infrastructure just to capture IMSIs?

You do realize the UK/US have active cooperation with these telco providers. There is almost never a need to permanently install an intercept site, they're used in areas where the existing cell infrastructure can't be accessed for one reason or another, be that legal or technical. Thus, they get you on their tower to own you.

In all the leaks we've seen we haven't seen any evidence of persistent shadow cellular capture sites anywhere, but we've seen plenty of evidence that BT/ATT take it up the ass willingly at the slightest twitch of the gov'ts dick.

what's the webaddress on the label?
something-castle.com?

crowncastle.com

wireless solutions provider, so i'm thinking celltower boosters

Phone number for Crown Castle
Small cell solutions (SCS)

kek they use code locks with only 4 digits.
i would brute force thos just out of principle.
ones you get one you can get them all unless they keep a list for every pole. im guessing they all have the same code. you could clean them out, just the coper you could get from it alone would be worth it.

OP, they are protecting you from terrorists in the middle east this way, if you live by the letter of the law nothing to worry about.

crowncastle.com/communities/small-cell-solutions.aspx
scroll down.. looks familiar?

they gave zero fucks about the integrity of these things.

youtube.com/watch?v=a654FBAzeis

youtube.com/watch?v=604aNgh9FuI
check 1:43

Nice try FBI

If I was FBI I wouldn't tell you basement-dwelling noobs what they are.