I am sick of being in the lonesome uncrowded midwest, Sup Forums. What are the most Sup Forumscore places in the world

I am sick of being in the lonesome uncrowded midwest, Sup Forums. What are the most Sup Forumscore places in the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/06/down_and_out_in_purest_michiga.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

your mother's basement

thanks, Sup Forums

all memes aside probably Portland or Seattle or Brooklyn (the white parts). Austin too

Music Scenes are all shit nowadays because the big cities are full of midwestern transplants like yourself that moved there to live out some cliche hollywood idea of what "makin' music in the big city!" should be like.

Now with the internet, proximity is irrelevant. Isolation may even be preferable to create something that's truly unique.

Yeah, I heard austin had a big hipster following, however I hate the heat. Anyone know anything about Denver or anywhere in colorado?

Strangely enough, I am not a shut in, and would like to have friends with good taste in music.

And I didn't say I was making music

I feel like the US has so many lonely places

I try to imagine what life must be like in Montana and am overwhelmed by existential pain

From what I hear its got a lot of rich people

I'm living in the most densely populated region in the country and I am still the loneliest person you can imagine. I'd much rather live in the middle of nowhere. At least I won't be fooling myself

louisville ky is cheap and you are never more than a mile away from somebody wearing a death grips shirt

Not relate to anyone or shut in?

Issaquah WA

Nice. But is there actually any modest mouse following there?

I'm in college. There are plenty of people my age who(m?) I see on a regular basis. I feel as though I just don't relate to anyone, most of the time I get the itching suspicion that most people simply think I'm annoying

Berlin

I am from a town of 20000 and I still find people who are mucore and bearable people. Not many, but still. Probably 5 or so.

I don't speak German. I suspect that would be an issue?

literally wrong. everyone speaks English

You from Kansas, too? I'm lucky enough to live on the very edge of the KC metro, but it still sucks. If you like and are able to travel, you can drive, take buses, or fly to other states to see bands and new landscapes/cities. Two birds, one stone. That's what I do.

As for Sup Forums places, I think it depends on what regional scene grabs you the most. I enjoy indie rock shows the most, I think, since they're also pretty social and the band members are approachable so you can hang out with them afterwards. So I'd pick the Pacific Northwest (probably Portland). But you may have different tastes. Best of luck, possible Kansasbro.

Also, nice Modest Mouse reference. Suits the traveling thing.

House of Spiderland?

I am from kansas, and am actually going to KC this weekend, and am super glad because poor people don't get to get around. Any cool shops that are your favorite?

land of Oz

other side of kansas, at least I dont live there. we are the meth cookers and previous coal miners of the US

You have no idea how lonely the US is. I'd estimate 35%-nearly 50% of the population lives in bumfuck nowhere. I admit what I've seen is biased toward "it's fucking nothing" because I travel the Midwest and mountain states most heavily. You'll notice, even along the interstates, there are vast lengths of nothingness, punctuated by tiny, impoverished, white-trash towns. It's very sad.

I pulled into a Montanan village (Hysham, for the curious) for gas and someone had written "meth death" in big black letters on their farm-shed. Billings, too, is plastered with billboards either discouraging people from starting meth, or encouraging them to get help if they already have. Large swaths of rural America have problems with drugs because there is simply little else to do. However, the ones without Internet access are better off, I think, because they remain within their county's bubble and never develop interests too niche to connect with their neighbors.

I prefer nature over city, but it's just such a sad, sheltered way to live in my eyes.

I seriously have nightmares about my car breaking down in desolate places like that

this is the saddest place I've ever been to
mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/06/down_and_out_in_purest_michiga.html

I don't know if I would prefer city or nature, I think I would prefer a nice balance. If I did live in a city, I would have to live in one with parks aplenty.

I don't go to KC often either (it's about 45 minutes away), so I'm not the best source, but I'll do my best.

>Record Stores
- Josey Records; amazingly, I haven't been there yet, but it's been recommended to me several times.
- The Vinyl Underground; good selection of rock records, has an extensive jazz and blues section (because Kansas City) as well.
- Records with Merritt; more geared toward modern music IIRC.
- Barnes and Noble at the Plaza; half of the lowest level (rather large) is full of records. Though I have a difficult time finding records worthy of purchase, it's worth checking out simply for all the options, but brace yourself for the entry-level, normie albums.

>Film (if you wanna see a movie?)
- The Alamo Drafthouse
- The Empire Theater; both are on main street... I think they might even be across the street from each other.

>Books
- Barnes and Noble, again
- Prospero's Books
- Half Price Books

You can also drive or walk around the Plaza, since it's a glorified strip mall for rich people. It has restaurants, too. I don't go there enough to have recommendations. It's really close to Russell Stover, if you want to pick up something sweet. Might still have leftover Valentine's chocolate. Serves ice cream, too.

I do most my clothes shopping online or at the Oak Park Mall and, due to a stupid meat phobia, only eat at vegetarian/vegan places, so my apologies if you were interested in clothing shops or restaurants. :-(

>tfw the US is uninhabited

Thanks, you are a better source than myself, I am actually an hour and a half away. I believe I already stocked up on sad lonely people chocolates, so I am good on that lol. looks like you took a lot of time out of your way so thanks

No problem! I'm just hanging around, waiting to get tired enough to go to bed. Have fun, dude.

don't be butthurt, i think cities have always had people from other areas move to them. that's why they're big in the first place. or did you think people in new york just fucked a lot?

>ctrl+f west virginia
>0 results

our only saving grace is that if you live in the northern half of the state you might be in driving distance to pittsburgh

God, Sawyer is such a shit hole.
My rental car shit the bed at the gas station and I paid a guy 100 bucks to drive me to the next town so I wouldn't die.
The UP is beautiful but for the most part the people aren't.

Columbus Ohio has all the night life

funny, I long for such places. wanna switch lives

whoa, i never really looked hard at the full album cover. brings back some feels from 11th grade

Richmond, Va right now. Literally a bunch of fucking hipsters who wont listen to anything but the most obscure east coast music. Bonus points if they have tapes out.

boston/cambridge are pretty Sup Forums core i'd say. i live in a suburb about 15 miles north so i go down for shows/just to hang out pretty often. lost of neat record stores, restaurants and venues. Only annoying thing is that the T is practically the only way to traverse the city because of how expensive parking is, and the T shuts down much earlier than it used to.

i don't know whos who, but you morons need to move to lawrence/hang out in lawrence. there's at least 50+ Sup Forumstards there and another 300 regular+ p4k readers. replay lounge, jackpot saloon, taproom are the indie/indierock/punk venues and bottleneck/granada/liberty hall are the more popular indie act/normie band venues and all of those places are within a couple blocks of each other (like a 10 minute walk between the 2 farthest venues).

I'm at (((KU))) from my tiny southeast kansas hicktown. This is the largest place I've ever lived but I feel way more isolated than when I'm at my house that sits alongside a seldom-used paved road in the country.

[spoiler]I think it's because I relate to very few people (my two friends are in different states now) and only leave my dorm room for classes and to buy food[/spolier]

On that note, what are some good local bands? Also are there instrument stores?

Well apparently spoilers don't work here. Could have sworn I've used them before.

are you still under 21? you can't probably get into the replay or taproom most nights. i think you can get into the jackpot,bottleneck, and granada though.

if its your first year, sign up to be a dj at kjhk. you can make friends there in their meetings. all the djs are Sup Forums types. kjhk also has a yearly battle of the bands where you can hang out with similar people.

i haven't regularly hung out there for a long time, shopping wise, so don't know of any music stores.

i also don't go see bands there much anymore - i saw Deerhunter and got the flu, from going - and don't know who is any good locally. there's a ton of garage punk bands out there for some reason.

there is Love Garden Sounds which is a record store downtown and Wild Man Vintage where the Sup Forumss all frequent, also visit the library next to the bottleneck, there's a music studio there you can use.

Its gonna be nice weather the next few days, you should wander around downtown on Mass St and visit those shops.

Yeah, I love Lawrence. I'm moving out-of-state in a couple years, though, so I'm gonna save my money and stay put until then.

You can definitely get into the Granada under 21. I go there every few months. I live about 30 minutes away and usually don't have a car, hence the irregularity. Never been to the others, though.

Mass Street's pleasant as fuck.

>Also are there instrument stores?
Yeah, there's one across the street from the Granada, but it's small. Mostly guitars. Some drums and cymbals, but a pretty limited selection IIRC. I don't know Lawrence that well, but there's got to be at least one more shop like that. Sucks to have to drive all the way out to Overland Park (I think? they all bleed into each other) to go to Guitar Center or whatever.

bump

lawrence Sup Forumstard meetup when ?

top 5 to 10 favorite bands and instruments you play - go!

based tokyo