i like their first three records still but not much else

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jx_bfQJJENM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pink Floyd
I was your typical edgelord that liked The Wall and Dark Side Of The Moon

Now I am a Syd fanboy

Talking Heads, iirc

still really like them when i listen to them, but i don't reach for them very often (every time i do, i tell myself i should revisit them more often)

that's a pretty patrish first band user

rammstein

i was weird in middle school... also i think like half their tracks are hype as fuck and half are just unmitigated garbage now.

Muse was the first band I really became a fanboy of I guess. They're still a pretty good band to jam out to I guess. Origin of Symmetry and Absolution are still both really great albums.

The White Stripes. Oddly back then I liked them more for their slower songs and now I really dislike the slower songs but enjoy the harder songs much more. I haven't listened to them in years and I think Jack White's solo material is garbage, though.

Modest Mouse at 12 or so. I still like them, but rarely listen to them anymore.

I recognized We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank and Good News for People Who Love Bad News as inferior to their earlier discography, but still listened to them occasionally. Now, I think you'd have to pay me. Their first two are still damn good albums.

I can see how liking them influenced my tastes as I've grown. Of course, I haven't restricted myself to indie rock/folk and 90s indie music, but they're certainly heavily featured.

The Prodigy

everything released in the 90s is a classic, Experience is still in my top 50 albums list

korn i guess
i still think they were pretty good up til issues aside from some shit tracks like the fred durst feature. Honestly i dont think any korn fan actually thinks theyre music is good now, just some people are too dumb or hesitant to listen to anything else

Stole the words out of my goddamn mouth. It's really weird. I loved their ballads and slower jams. Now I just throw on their first album and skip the like three slow songs on there.

Solo Jack White eats ass. Some of his solo stuff that's still heavy as shit is good, but most of it is pure hot, flaming, smelly, country-twanged, overpproduced, garbage. :(

The Beatles

I like them alright, but I've probably spent less than 5 hours listening to them during the last 5 years. I need to revisit all of their albums.

Also, the Beach Boys are my favorite band now.

The Smiths.
I still listen to them every now and then.

i didn't get into music until fairly recently, so i decided i had to start with the good stuff
i don't remember why talking heads but whatever

pet sounds was the first album i listened to when i started getting into music, too
i wanted to hear the best that music had to offer, but i was already too contrarian for the beatles

The Smiths too.

Still enjoy them, but I've overplayed them so much over the years that the magic of my favourite songs has gone.

almost never listen to it, but sometimes a good gamma ray song is all your day need

I like their new album

this songs pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=Jx_bfQJJENM

>RHCP
i loved the uplift mofo party plan, bssm and one hot minute

nowadays i don't listen to them at all, but i started playing bass because of flea when i was like 12

>sonic youth
honestly not that much
can't even listen to daydream nation without getting a bored of it

boards of canada in 2008. Yes, I'm young. 19 years old

NIN~ 12 years ago

I still like Downward Spiral, Broken, and The Fragile. The rest have lost me. At one point I had Halos 1-20something and I was really proud of it. I still have a few but most have been sold.

still in love with their music whenever I put it on

do lsd in complete darkness to geogaddi. or shrooms, or dxm. dxm and geogaddi changed my life forever. I was 19 when i did that (two years ago)

californication was probably my first album, listened to it all the time with a friend when we were like 9

good times

>Rammstein
I'll listen to their hits every once in awhile, but there's part of me that doesn't want to like them though

don't listen to them anymore, but they were kinda unique and have some great songs. if i like them now it's purely for nostalgia

Modest Mouse

Still my favorite band but I don't actually listen to their music much anymore.

Metallica

Don't really listen to anything from them anymore. They don't offer any of what I enjoy from the metal genre at this point.

Not really. A few nostalgic spurts from time to time.

Even then it's kind of a bittersweet listen.

Pixies when I was 13

I still love Doolittle, but it's not in my top 10 favorites or so anymore. Surfer Rosaand Trompe le Monde are also great albums. The rest (outside Come On Pilgrim) kinda suck.

>I still haven't fully cleaned my hard drive from that one fuckhuge torrent and I actually think the material is growing

Still decent, to be honest.
I'd take them any day over the current pop acts. All boring fuckers now.

Operation Ivy

15 years later, I still can't keep up with Matt Freeman's basslines

>Oasis
>pop

Smashing Pumpkins
I still love them, not as much as I used to (there was probably a week or two were I listend to Mellon Collie on everyday), but I still come back to them every once in a while, it's comfy.

Probably Nirvana.

Still enjoy In Utero, Nevermind, Bleach, Unplugged, and then later Incesticide.
It's a band I don't think I'll ever "grow out of" even if they haven't ever really been my favorite.

tool
ehh, i guess 10k days is alright

i still like scorpions a fair bit, though i'm more fond of their 70s work these days
pic related is my favorite album of theirs

Please dude, Oasis were a mainstream chart topper band in a genre known as Britpop

>Streetlight Manifesto

Although I was into other band before they were the big one, I still listen to them if I'm in the mood but I find it to upbeat and reminds me of being a happy teenager, before i became the Bipolar and depressed jaded man I am now. I find it easier to listen to Toh Kay which acoustics versions of SM played by only the lead singer.
>ywnb 14 again listing to Streetlight manifesto & watching Cowboy Bebop for the frist time

I think its a tie between The Cure and Metallica

Kinda sad I guess but I couldnt tell you the last time I listened to The Cure

The new Metallica album was alright and I revisit the old stuff from time to time

And Britpop is a meaningless genre the media made up to try and cultivate some kind of special era of British music. Oasis and Blur couldn't sound any more different to each other.

Oasis were a rock band from day 1.

rad

This cover art holy shit brah I'm not sure if this is the best or worst thing I've ever seen

rock and pop are not mutually exclusive you know

And have you seen their banned cover?

They are when Oasis were active at the same time as Take That or the Spice Girls.

Franz Ferdinand. In fact, one of the first threads I made here was asking what the general opinion on them was.

I still love them when I hear them, and think they really have some substance to them for what they are. I rarely listen to them much anymore, they've just fallen out of the mix a bit. Really wish they'd make a new album.

muse was also my first band I got super into. I remember being 12 and going to see them for my first concert and my little kid mind was blown. I only really listen to them now if I'm in the mood for a nostalgia trip.

boybands, girlbands, chart topping guitar bands... all pop m8

Disagree. The 90s was when mainstream pop music really took its own identity that remains to this day with the likes of One Direction, Katy Perry etc.

All of the supposed Britpop bands were a mixture of alternative or "indie" rock, not pop.

Nah, they were rock from day one, the guy is right. They were definitely not just run of the mill pop musicians. They got into that side of things purely for the money and I really don't blame them.

It was still "rock", but the lowest common denominator. It was still good in it's own right though.

Even though I don't listen to them nearly as much as I used to, I still enjoy their music a lot. Their new stuff pales in comparison to their 80s albums, unfortunately.