Hey Sup Forums, I need songs to play on the drums, I'll take suggestions

Hey Sup Forums, I need songs to play on the drums, I'll take suggestions.
also
general drum thread.
k thanx bye

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CZEltJBbJV0
youtube.com/watch?v=lCCJc_V8_MQ
youtu.be/dbB-mICjkQM
youtube.com/watch?v=V8FeSJSRiXw
youtu.be/aDboRiuNxgI
youtube.com/watch?v=wzWujr-FJHk
youtube.com/watch?v=Epuga2JoF8A
youtu.be/rXwMrBb2x1Q
youtu.be/ffXbc_cnjLc
youtube.com/watch?v=2iijmj5nB6I
youtu.be/EDlC7oG_2W4
youtu.be/CKK7ezn2tig
youtube.com/watch?v=PTFIzLKaZj4
youtube.com/watch?v=_0pVzrUidfI
youtube.com/watch?v=jSimbyS_YlA
youtube.com/watch?v=rDhNHe2U5MQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Oki-_ze8e9Y
youtu.be/aAJtmDQBvF8
youtube.com/watch?v=RelR85j09XY
youtube.com/watch?v=n_M56kJ-wv4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=CZEltJBbJV0

youtube.com/watch?v=lCCJc_V8_MQ

youtu.be/dbB-mICjkQM

youtube.com/watch?v=V8FeSJSRiXw

So much of it is a simple 4/4 beat and gets kinda boring.

One of my favorites to play is "Time Ed" by moe. It's just fun because the beat changes and you can just throw in whatever fills. This is assuming you have been playing for more than 3 days but it isn't that difficult.
youtu.be/aDboRiuNxgI

There is also some fun Galactic stuff but a few of them you really need to listen to a few times before you figure out what Stanton is doing.

A few of the popular Hendrix songs are fun to play, and then some Stevie Ray Vaughan with the 6/8 blues beats.

What drumkit do you guys bang on?
Mine is a Mapex VX, basic 5 piece setup

Retarded. At least you got trips.

And this is why so much normal rock music is boring to play along to. It's a fairly simple beat over and over and over. It's fine if you're playing with a band but a bit boring by yourself.

great song

Not OP but this user

youtube.com/watch?v=wzWujr-FJHk

.>yamaha rock tour custom
> steve gadd signature snare
> zildjian K/ K custom cymbals & Sabian Artisan

YYZ by Rush. Neil Pert drumming is where you prove your drum mastery.

;(
youtube.com/watch?v=Epuga2JoF8A

Little Fluffy Cunts by The Orb is a real doozy

And this is what I was talkin about with the Hendrix songs. They are fun to play along to because dude throws in fills every 2 measures and even if you can't nail them at first it's fun to throw your own in.

youtu.be/rXwMrBb2x1Q

◎ ◎
   ◎

youtu.be/ffXbc_cnjLc

Have fun OP:

youtube.com/watch?v=2iijmj5nB6I

I think I've seen this one posted before, like, two years ago in a "What's your favorite guitar" thread haha. That enough snare for ya?

Nice, got any sound clips to share?

Any of you take those to gigs? spare gigging kits, perhaps?

youtu.be/EDlC7oG_2W4

You could at least learn to spell his name right

He's crazy but I can't even enjoy that progressive rock stuff. Has no feel or groove to it but I guess that's just my preference. I got bored of that stuff early and would rather mess around with something like this:
youtu.be/CKK7ezn2tig

youtube.com/watch?v=PTFIzLKaZj4

Smh not inverting China cymbal
Just asking for your sticks to break

Muse was a bit of a challenge when I was first developing independence haha. It's been a while.

I normally won't even play the 2nd 14" snare on the same songs or groove, but swap them out depending what sound I want. The muffled maple snare sounds completely different from the steel snare with the coated G1. And then the popcorn is different from both and with or without the wires sounds good playing raggae type stuff.

I actually contacted Mapex about getting a second floor tom but they don't even manufacture that finish anymore. One day when I have an extra $10k laying around I will get on a new setup but that is tough when you got bills to pay. Plus I don't play nearly as much as I used to when I had a band going. Was jammin with some random dude from CL awhile back but he was retired and was tryin to do it everyday and I just wanted to get home and relax after work on weekdays.

this, how does one hit a china when the edge points upwards?

That's an old ass pic, I didn't have it like that for long.

youtube.com/watch?v=_0pVzrUidfI

And it still works fine as long as you aren't Edgy McEdgelord metal drummer (which is probably most people here because it's Sup Forums). That China projects way more than the crashes anyway so you don't have to wail on it to make noise.

I somehow managed to lose my foot technique. There was a point 4 years ago where I had slide triplets down like a motherfucker for the one single gig I ever did.
Now I need my heel to be down to accomplish anything tight and it strains my muscles into a cramp in like 2 to 3 songs.

What the fuck is this? I think OP plays drums, not a drum machine and a computer. Fag makin me open random youtube links of Sup Forumscore "look at me I have taste because it's different!" shit.

I've been planning to get a second crash for my kit, but I also want a trashy sound. Would it be ok if I got a Sabian O-Zone? All I can afford now is a 16" Sabian B8Pro.

youtube.com/watch?v=jSimbyS_YlA

Try out some thin crashes or fast crashes before you get something with giant holes in it. You will probably be able to find a cheaper 14" or 16" thin/fast crash that will def sound more trashy than your regular one.

Lack of practice can be a bitch. Only one gig eh? Bedroom drummer much? Studio perhaps?

youtube.com/watch?v=rDhNHe2U5MQ

Thanks, I've been considering some ZBTs because of their darker sound. All I've ever had till were Sabians.

Some people grew up and got a real job instead of living the dream and playing bar gigs for $75 twice a week covering shitty 80s songs everybody has heard 20,000 times.

Kys and stop posting; even though it necessarily follows that by killing yourself that you'll stop posting.

This. Jazz drummers mostly have their chinas with the bell up. And a lot of metal drummers don't beat their hardware to shit anyways. It's the choice of cymbals and the audio setup that makes the sound. I have very little respect for accomplishments of Travis Barker and the like.

This, chinas can be deafening monsters.

youtube.com/watch?v=Oki-_ze8e9Y

I think Konrad Plank played real drums

There's also Paiste. And there are a bunch of product lines before you start getting super expensive so go to a good drum shop (beyond Guitar Center) and try some stuff out. There's also Meinl and Byzance and some other good brands but idk what they offer as far as budget stuff. Sabian still has the XS, right? Those, B8's, ZBT, ZXT, all the PST's, and even Alphas.

This thread needs more Stanton
youtu.be/aAJtmDQBvF8

Also have you messed with any splash cymbals? The upside is they will be cheaper than a 16"-18" crash. Depending on the model, they normally aren't real trashy but if you go 10"-12" it will probably be fast.

What kind of setup you have OP? Also what kind of music are you looking for? Classic rock? Metal? Some indie faggot shit? Vaporwave?

Absolute bedroom drummer. Picked it up because it fascinated me and still does, not because I ever wanted anybody to hear me play.
Just had to play drums on graduation. The alternative would have been a girl who only played kick and snare straight oxoxoxox.

Been thinking of getting a splash, 10" seemed ok but then choice anxiety got me haha.

If you are running B8's, they might sell a B8 set with a 10" splash and 18" China. That is one of the first things I did with the Paistes when I set my kit up 15 years ago.

I can see that, but there's no need to be such an ironic smug.

But oh well, this is Sup Forums after all

Though if I could make what I do with my current job (not great, like $50k/yr) playing bar gigs 4 or 5 nights a week, I would totally take that. Not sure if my bandmates would join me again for that money unfortunately since one is a doctor and the orher is workin on being a lawyer and another is doing some exclusive gubbermint work.

Actually I've been trying to save for some used XS20s but they're damn hard to find 'round here.

Picking up a cymbal pack at this point would be foolish now that I got the basics covered haha.

That's a pitty, yes. Most of my bandmates are uni students and passionate young adults who don't mind gigging ocasionally while getting some cash on the side.

It's hard to make a living out of music unless you're damn good at it, kind of a sport if you look at it.

Paistes are unheard of around here, it's mostly Sabians and Zildjians. Stores rarely if ever bring Paistes and Meinls, but when they do, it's pro-tier expensive stuff.

How long have you been learning drums? I've been learning guitar for about a year, and I found that my school has a drum set, so I've been jamming on that sometimes after school. Is there a good way to teach myself how to drum? I can do like fairly basic stuff, nothing complicated.

youtube.com/watch?v=RelR85j09XY

youtube.com/watch?v=n_M56kJ-wv4

I've been drumming for 1 year and a half. I've learned a bunch by following Drumeo on Youtube. You might want to consider a subscription if you really like them.

There's a lot to learn from local drummers if you can meet any. Drummers are pretty cool people most of the time haha.