ITT: Daft Punk albums from best to worst and your favourite songs from each one of them

ITT: Daft Punk albums from best to worst and your favourite songs from each one of them

Discovery > Human > RAM
haven't listened to the others

>Discovery
Aerodynamic
>Human
Prime Time of Your Life
>RAM
Honestly idk wasn't really a fan

Yes I know I should listen to alive. I'm lazy tho

Discovery - Digital Love
Homework - Da Funk
Human After All - Robot Rock
Random Access Memories - Hated it, don't have a favorite song.

Homework=Discovery>RAM=Alive 2007>HAA>Alive 1997>the new wave>HAA Remixes>Daft Club>From Legacy>Reconfigured

Homework:Teachers

Discovery:Too Long (All time fave)

HAA:Make Love

RAM:Giorgio

Discovery > RAM > Homework > HAA
Top 3 from each album:
>Homework
Revolution 909
Phoenix
Alive
>Discovery
Digital Love
Harder Better Faster Stronger
Voyager
>Human After All
Prime Time of Your Life
Emotion
Human After All
>Random Access Memories
Touch
Contact
Motherboard

Listen to homework first you dumb fuck Jesus christ

>Discovery
Face to Face
>Human After All
Human After All
>RAM
Give Life Back to Music/The Game of Love

>Random Access Memories
Doin' It Right

>Human After All
Make Love

>Discovery
Face To Face

>Homework
Revolution 909

>Discovery
Voyager (I'd say Face to Face but I don't like the verses, actually just the parts featuring the ELO sample)
>Homework
High Fidelity
>Human After All
Emotion
>Random Access Memories
Not a big fan of this album, I'd say maybe Instant Crush

I knew I wasn't alone in this. Why did you not like RAM? For me, most songs are pointlessly long/too repetitive, and others are brought down by the (guest) vocals. Others have honestly nothing interesting going on. There are good songs like Touch and Giorgio by Moroder tho

for me i suppose it's the stylistic change i didn't like, it's not a bad album, but i don't like it as a daft punk album.

Alive 2007 - Too Long/Steam Machine (exactly because it was a great "bonus bit" that wasn't present in the earliest versions of the 2006 show. They added this chunk in later).

Homework - Da Funk

Discovery - Harder Better Faster Stronger (I vividly remember buying this CD in the late winter of 2001, Daft Club card and all, dad and I had been breaking up ice chunks along the gutter outside the house, with pikes. I had a crappy short leaked version of the track from Napster, then I heard the master. I played it again, and again, and again... this is mathematical. This is Bach.

I literally listened to this track about forty times within the first few days of owning the album. I was obsessed.)

RAM - Lose Yourself to Dance (a nice Soul Train turn again has a nice mathematical thing going on with the slow up-swing on the backing melody)

Alive 2007 - :^)

HAA - Technologic is probably the least boring overall, just because of the lyrical texture. Part of what makes Alive 2007 so good is that it comes off the heels of this piss-take, and /redeems/ the tracks by incorporating them musically into the whole brand, in a proper mashup. This is what the Pitchfork review got absolutey right about why Alive 2007 is so wonderful. It's such a turnaround from HAA to Alive 2007 that I am forced to invoke the phoenix, which is a big theme in Daft Punk's music: the titular Homework track, the Guy-Manuel immolation in Electroma, the Pharrell lyric. I know I'm missing one or two references.

Face to Face
Revolution 909
Doin' it Right
Robot Rock

For the second "Alive 2007" instead read "Alive 1997".

I've heard several of the daft club/musique tracks I bet but I could never be fucked to actually acquire the "hits/remixes" stuff. I have the DVDs though, and they are all welcome companions to their periods.

oh! I forgot the Tron OST! That's a solid film score, listenable on its own merits, if not brilliant.

>>Discovery
>Voyager (I'd say Face to Face but I don't like the verses, actually just the parts featuring the ELO sample)
>>Homework
>High Fidelity
>>Human After All
>Emotion

Based

>R.A.M
Contact
>Alive 2007
Television Rules the Nation/Crescentdolls
>Discovery
Face to face/Digital Love
>Human After All
Human After All
>Homework
Da Funk

>make love

Good taste.

Discovery > RAM > Homework > Human

>Homework
Revolution 909
>Discovery
Face To Face
>Human After All
Robot Rock
>RAM
Lose Yourself To Dance

Homework > Discovery > RAM > Human

>Homework
Da Funk
>Discovery
Face To Face
>Human After All
Technologic
>RAM
Contact

>Discovery
Digital Love
>Homework
Burnin'
>RAM
Touch
>HAA
Television Rules the Nation

Haven't listened to ram in a while but I just remember getting bored really easily and no tracks really stood out to me

Soulless corporate drek.

Discovery > RAM > Tron = HW > HAA

HW - Indo Silver Club
Discovery - Face to Face
HAA - Television Rules the Nation
Tron - Solar Sailer
RAM - Doin' it Right

i loved discovery as a teen but after all these years i can't help but feel it isn't actually that great an album

it's all about those first 4 songs

i mean, voyager is a jam, and something about us is nice, but it all still pales in comparison to the genius of that initial 20 minute sequence

>verdis quo
>superheroes