Got new laptop, was about to install utorrent but i member i read something about how shity this program is

Got new laptop, was about to install utorrent but i member i read something about how shity this program is,
so again, what is best torrent program?

Other urls found in this thread:

qbittorrent.org
wikihow.com/Remove-Sponsored-Ads-from-uTorrent
kickass.cd/
whatinterviewprep.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Deluge it up.

Qbittorrent
qbittorrent.org
It is good.

Tixati is the best I've used.

Lots of folks swear by old versions of uTorrent, from its pre-shitty days.

2.2.1 is a favorite.

Transmission works just fine for me

Transmission, nigga. No bullshit or ads

apple is tracking your downloads

wikihow.com/Remove-Sponsored-Ads-from-uTorrent

thank me later, takes like 1 min

What?
Utorrent is all I've used and I've never had issues with it.
What's supposed to be wrong with it

Utorrent works great

This

Can you elaborate, I never heard of this

Transmission. No matter what is your OS ;)

>Transmission
Ok i will get this, thx folks

This

this guy knows whats up. 2.2.1 is utorrents golden age. no adds, no bullshit

What is the mac equivalent version to this?

You're welcome :)

a noose

this

Hold on... checking...

Basically this.

Mac uTorrent 1.8.7 Build 41986 is the one most people seem to use.

But it has a couple of bugs (nothing you can't live with, though) that bother me, so I use:

Mac uTorrent 1.5.14 Build 26699

Yep. Private tracker communities all seem to dig 2.2.1.

Where can I download torrents now?

This right here.

Never tries to install extra bullshit. Lightweight. Easy to use. Good updates. Been using this for a long time and I've had zero issues ever since

Also, know that these will run fine with Yosemite (10.10) and earlier.

They will not run with El Capitan (10.11). You have to use the next version of uTorrent for that, and it has ads.

Don't know about macOS Sierra, but I rather assume you'd have to use an ad-infested version of uTorrent with it as well.

I've been using utorrent, since 09 been great for me, though I don't fucking abuse it, and download gay shit. like all you fags.

:( I have Sierra

>.

I uses it
works just fine

In that case, I'd recommend Transmission.

Lots (most?) Mac guys seem to love it.

I just don't like that it doesn't have a table view (where you can see all your torrents, with sortable columns for name, size, uploaded, downloaded, up speed, down speed, etc.)

But Transmission's site was hacked twice, and some people got stuck with ransomware.

Be careful and research before just downloading and installing.

utorrent 221 faggit. the newer ones are indeed trash spyware shit

the pirate bay
only download from the skulls

I use the current utorrent, and disable the ads.

It's not a great time, with KickAss gone.

I feel for people who are not members at private trackers. I'd be lost without them.

link no work

tpb is always like a whole day behind. you need to ge on that leetx.to

No ads, fine. But what about this bitcoin mining people claim is going on with newer version of uTorrent?

This is the first I've heard of it...

>when people actually recommend your suggestion

Was just curious. Saw it mentioned in this thread.

invite plz [email protected]

THIS I have been using it nonstop

I would use Deluge, but I read that it can leak your IP when using a proxy.
Guess I'll look up 2.2.1

The sad reality is that trackers can ban you if your invitees fuck up.

Inviting people you don't know just isn't done, for that reason.

But, there is a ebook and audiobook tracker called Myanonymouse that has very easy interviews every Wednesday and Saturday in their IRC channel.

It's quite easy to get in there, and then you can behave yourself, build up a good ratio, and then there are people there who might invite you to other trackers. (It's a little tricky, since most of the inviters want to see ratio proof from several private trackers), but still getting started at Myanonymouse is a good first step.

Also, What.CD has interviews to get in without an invite. That interview is a bitch though. Have to study up all the digital audio format bullshit they quiz you on.

im not a cuck user. i'd rather pay for my media. thx for the reply though. i was only ever on tvtorrents but got burned when they went down.

I hear you. The private tracker bullshit sucks. Nice once your in and established, but getting started is fucked.

I had several terabytes of upload credit at TVTorrents. Sucked when it died. A couple of other trackers died on me too.

That's what you never know in that world. All your hard work seeding the fuck out of stuff could go up in smoke at any point.

:-\

great client. been using it pretty much ever since uTorrent became u(Bit)Torrent, although i rarely torrent now that ddl has become out of control.

welll if you have a decent tv tracker help a Sup Forumsrother out. i always meet my ratios. itll be good karma.

yes it is

Not that guy but
whats a good seed ratio
mine says 2.47?

isohunt is back to being okish now. better than tpb for sure.

i miss having an isp with a free news server...

1.0 or better.

If you're not on a private tracker, it's not mandatory, but it's kind to seed back what you download.

>i miss having an isp with a free news server...

No shit. That used to be standard with any ISP. Then they all started limiting monthly data to shit like 2GB, then they got rid of usenet altogether.

I use Kickass now that they're up again.

it doesnt scale well if you have a high rez display and up the dpi

Install Gentoo fagit

Kickass is up again? Since when? I thought it was just a bunch of mirrors, with a high crappo factor (malware, ads, etc), and very low population (as in a couple hundred seeders even on a new South Park release, when there used to be 10,000 or more).

always one of you fucks in every thread...

5th'd

I thought all torrent sites were mirrors of each other...
kickass.cd/
I just use it 'cause I like the layout a little better than tpb.

came here to say this, it's a solid program, and has a great web view if you want to check up on your downloads remotely

Limewire

You are a lifesaver.

user is right, qbittorrent is best.

Nah, I don't float very well...

Jesus, is that still a thing?

I remember using that, Napster, and Kazaa back in the day.

Came here to post this

Getting good torrents fucking sucks these days though, piratebay is lacking and kat is ded forever and ever. None of the other non-subscription websites are trustworthy and I might as well just brick my own computer rather than trying to torrent through TOR. Shit sucks

It was toast years ago. Court-ordered injunction to cease and desist.

It was slow and tedious even in its heyday. I can't imagine you could get shit out of it now.

We all float down here.

i went full retard and got shareazza too

He's saying he wants to suck on you.

dafuq are subscription sites? u actually considered paying money for torrents? just get invited to private sites u stupid asshole

Deluge ftw

>just get invited to private sites

ain't that simple. how the fuck do get started?

whatinterviewprep.com/

if u cant manage that u can get into baconbits with nothng but reddit karma

literally just get into one site, work ur way up the user classes and u can use their invite forums to get invited to the rest

im on all of them its easy as shit

kickass.cd/

ok. i'll give the interview a go. thanks!

yts.ag for new movies on their dvd releases.
extratorrent.cc for everything else.
i get most things im after that way

What kind of d/l speed are you guys getting on private trackers?

I usually get 800 mbps on Usenet (or about 90 MB/s)

FFS, that's just obscene.

I only have 50 Mbit Internet service.

The private trackers do a decent job of maxing it out. With well-seeded stuff I think they'll give you as much as you can take.

>90 MB/s
>50 Mbit

fuck both of you. i'm out of this hostile environment

Hey, Mr. 90MB/s is 14 times more hostile than me (Mr. 50 Mbit). And I just got that. I was using 12 Mbit forever. Was happy enough with it. But my cable modem died, and when I went to the Comcast store to exchange it for another one, the dude told me I could get 50Mbit for no extra money, so I did it.

I'm really not a speed freak.

That piece of shit app doesn't let you choose a save location anymore.