link it my dude

gimme a download link i cant rate and hate otherwise

Where's the leak I only see Jimmy Mack

>it's an anco releases an EP the same quality as water curses episode

I love it, much better than Painting With

getleaks.net

Literally comes out tomorrow you spazzes

>implying Water Curses isn't beautiful

This. Sup Forumstant faggots think what they see as getting it the day-before is a leak when it's really just that it's already available due to time zones.

It was a compliment senpai, this shows they still have it in them

>literally leftovers of Painting With Numbers
no thankx dude, PWN was one of the worst caca of 2016

>downloading from Uploaded
how the fuck did this site become the normal one to host albums on?

painting with is good you pleb

animal collective needs to just disband so Deakin can focus on his solo stuff tbqhwyf

ahh nice

DUDE STEALING INDIAN ETHNICAL CULTURE LMAO

seriously the opening track is just bollywood with american story vocals

Did you mean Panda? Deakin hasn't been with the band since the end of the CHz tour.

Peacemaker is the only bad track and even then it's still better than the majority of PW desu

(You)

mad fanboy? your meme faggot releases meme shit and its meme and gay and shit just like everyone thought it´d be

the kind of shit music apple owners have at their mac

(You)

le meme meme faggot meme music gay meme shit meme meme meme!!! xD

XDDD

cool bread

(You)

can someone reupload on mega? I don't want to have to deal with uploaded's garbage on mobile.

(((You))))

Animal Collective - The Painters (320)
mega.nz/#!7x9hVKhT!-4BV1Gi0BfPpn0GMZ_7pZwi5yO0nNkElLMBz8z-R1qc

Peacemaker is one of the better hocketing tracks they've done though
it's better than Goalkeeper imo

>2017
>still listening to AnCo

this is so played out now you are like the modern version of those people who swear that disco didn't die

kek

>mega.nz/#!7x9hVKhT!-4BV1Gi0BfPpn0GMZ_7pZwi5yO0nNkElLMBz8z-R1qc

I ain't clicking that shit nigga

if you've never seen a fucking mega link then I don't really know what to say
have fun using uploaded.to I guess

damn they went downhill fast
same guys who made strawberry jam made this crap.

Nobody cares, go away

Peacemaker is clearly the highlight track here though. What the fuck are you idiots on about

this isnt a safe space kid. instead of whining make me see why this is good

it's pretty good but nothing is better than Jimmy Mack

What? It's one of the least creative and most predictable tracks they've ever made, instrumentally and songwriting-wise.

Yeah it isn't a safe space, it also is a discussion board so instead of baiting how about you say why you don't like it.

>opinions are bait meme
Just because you are sincere in your opinion, doesn't mean it's not bait. Anything that's meant to grab replies does.

it is fairly straightforward, but I wouldn't say it lacks creativity and they executed it pretty much perfectly imo. reminds me of Brother Sport quite a bit.

Kinda felt like killing myself yesterday, good thing I didn;t. I like this EP.

I still think that it's okay, just not as boundary-pushing as I would expect from AnCo

It does a lot with a little, something that has been misssing from their music lately. It's a great performance.

interesting chart. don't agree with some of it and I feel like a bit more emphasis should be placed on album 'cycles,' but I've been meaning to do a comprehensive flowchart for AnCo+side projects for a while.
fair enough. it's certainly not what I'd describe as boundary pushing, it's just very enjoyable to me.

>I've been meaning to do a comprehensive flowchart for AnCo+side projects for a while
Do it. The one I posted it dated, we need an update.

I just noticed that one is missing Young Prayer so now I'm even more inclined to. might have to throw in some of the best live recordings/unreleased tracks as well (assuming I don't just get lazy like I usually do.)
do there happen to be any sites anyone knows of for doing flowcharts and shit, or will I have to do it by hand in an image editor?

Peacemaker = Goalkeeper > Kinda Bonkers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jimmy Mack

Doesn't seem too hard to just do it in paint. Might not look as good, but whatever. Photoshop or Paint.net might also work. Paint.net is free.

I mean, it is a cover. As far as covers go, they killed it.

thanks nigger

damn so close

yeah, I'll probably do it in paint.NET, I just figured I may as well ask since it seems like there has to be something better for flowcharts.
no problemo

So far it's like a bit better version of PW

If PW was 6/10 then this is 6.2/10

Kinda Bonkers felt like a calmer version of Floridada
Peacemaker isn't bad. It has those calming feels to it that should be in the album to balancing the more energetic songs. The vocal effect is still annoying but they done it better than anything they had done in the album.
Goalkeeper is kinda lackluster but thankfully it's short and the background noise can be interesting.
Jimmy Mack is okay.

Overall just like the album, 6 outta 10.

Wait, shit. Jimmy Mack is actually good. 7 outta 10.

After listening to Sleep Cycle vs the rest of their post Centipede material, it's pretty fucking clear where the talent was.

AnCo without Deakin is like the Beatles without George Harrison. He wasn't the focal point of the band, but his presence and musical sense was pretty clearly the thing that held Panda and Avey in check and guided their disparate sounds together towards greatness.

This is much better than PW. Has more energy and less gimmicks (although peacemaker isn't that amazing)

so you're going by one album cycle instead of judging by, say, MPP + Fall Be Kind which also didn't have Deakin? seems a bit one-sided desu
Peacemaker may be the best on the RP for me, though it's hard to choose. Jimmy Mack probably beats it.

Their non Deak material is fine, but yes, he's more important than most give him credit for.

yo Jimmy Mack is fucking great

CHz is better than what people credited for, too.

Jimmy Mack is solidifying itself as a top 5 anco song for me.

is it just me or is anyone hearing the seinfeld baseline in goalkeeper

I hear a bassline but it doesn't sound like the seinfeld bassline

T H I S
>Today's Supernatural
>Applesauce
>Father Time
>Mercury Man
These are all great songs yet people shit on CHz like it's the worse thing they ever put out.

Peacemaker is so good, holy shit.

CHz got shat on because everyone got an impossibly high expectation from it. Ever since Sung Tongs, they kept making better shit on each albums and CHz just dropped so hard from MPP and everyone just felt massively disappointed by it.

I like it. It's actually my most listened Anco album according last.fm, I think. It has some of my favorite Anco songs (Today's Supernatural, Applesauce, Wide Eyed, New Town Burnout). Compared to their other albums it might not as great, but by no means it's a bad album let alone the worst one from them. But then again I liked PW so much and people hated that album too.

>Peacemaker is so good, holy shit.

Redpill me please, it's the most underwhelming track on the ep for me.

Fall Be Kind > The Painters = Water Curses > Prospect Hummer

Debate me

Is it real?

It's genuinely comfy ass shit. It's so much refreshing compared to hectic songs from PW. It's also a return form to their more ambient materials like No More Running and Cuckoo Cuckoo for example.

Currently listening to it. Seems legit.

Just smoked my wake n bake bowl in bed to the FLAC, it's pretty good. No bad tracks, but I didn't dislike Painting With either, and this is definitely a companion piece.
Even though AnCo's current pop phase loses some of the magic through the lack of the distinctive atmosphere and ambience that they achieved with quiet passages and extended track lengths on their older material, they're still tapping into something unique with it. The synthetic production is more lush and polished than anything previous and the sonic palette is definitely all theirs' alone. Sounds like music from the wacky future desu senpai
But all the recent material sounds similar enough to each other (in songwriting and technique) that they will have to evolve yet again for the next phase for it not to be redundant

Yep. I was a bit surprised that it was only 28 MB, but the EP is 13:25 mins long, so it's cool.

I just reuploaded the getleaks.net uploaded.to link (which in turn seems to have been taken from passtheheadphones) to mega. it sounds pretty legit to me.

The instrumentation and melody just work really well together. It feels wonky without actually being too odd in an abrasive or uncomfortable way. It's kind of like Pulleys for me, which in my opinion is one of Animal Collective's best tracks from a very good album.

PW era is probably one of their experimental era. I think Geo once said in the interview that they wanted to make a weird pop album and cut down most of their ambient stuff, which is why the songs are short. Not to mention, I think most of the materials were made in a short time, like a month, something they admit they had never done before.

Hopefully for their next album, they made something a bit more substantial and using all their time just to make a great album. And hopefully Deak come back too.

the great thing album anco is that each album has a completely different sound. even though centipede hz was also kind of disappointing it had a totally different style to painting with and every other anco album.

and yeah, like you said this ep was definitely a companion piece to PW, except I feel like this was the style they were going for but done right.

nevertheless it would be interesting to see what kind of sound they try and capture next. hopefully they'll actually pull it off right this time and not figure it out a year after its release.

Honestly would rather listen to this ripoff anco desu

youtube.com/watch?v=yTg2G7no-fQ

(you)

>>literally leftovers of Painting With Numbers
You say this as if they don't do it with all their LPs.

Doesn't sound too bad. Really obvious purple bottle rip doe.

Oh yeah, it's very surprising they make another companion piece EP again. I thought they stopped doing that after that garbage shit called Monkey Been To Burntown EP.

(You)

he didn't even make a good song in ripping them off

Monkey Been To Burntown was all the work of other artists remixing them though. the shittiness wasn't the band's fault.

I don't understand how people can put shit like this out and not be ashamed.

Yeah, but I thought they released a leftover EP for CHz and was greatly disappointed that they released a shitty remixed album instead.

Kinda Bonkers 7.5/10
Peacemaker 6.5/10
Goalkeeper (sounds like a Centipede throwaway) 6/10
Jimmy Mack 8/10

7/10 overall

I like how the vocals is more annoying than Purple Bottle.

yeah, it's kind of amazing how he managed to replicate all the individual elements of The Purple Bottle pretty well and yet none of it ends up sounding good like it did in the original song.

Kinda Bonkers > Goalkeeper > Jimmy Mack > Peacemaker
Only listened to it once so far though.

Starting with Fall Be Kind is really bizarre.

I really like Kinda Bonkers. It sounds like what PW should have been like.

I would of picked Strawberry Jam and Merriweather Post Pavilion desu

Is Kinda Bonkers the first AnCo track to say "fuck"?

Essplode apparently

Essplode has it in the lyrics and Golden Gal starts with a sample of someone pretty clearly saying it, but I'm not sure if it's any other songs

pretty bland honestly

Kinda Bonkers 3/10
Peacemaker 4/10
Goalkeeper 2/10
Jimmy Mack 3/10

I'm feeling a strong FuckingDiePaintingEraSound on this one, guys.

hey at least you correctly identified the best track