JUST

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3tq33sEQF6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's more upsetting than the beard is the nose ring. The guy is in his late 50s.

where did they go so insane? they were such nice boys in the 80s.

Idk but he's the ultimate limousine liberal hypocrite now. He really takes a stand from his condo in Tribecca.

It's a gay fetish retard. He probably has his nipples pierced as well

How did Michael go from the anxious young lad he was in the 80s to beardy outspoken liberal who gets his cock out on the internet?

Body piercing is a sign that there is a high chance the person was molested.

best R.E.M. album coming through, don't mind me

wow an actual patrician on Sup Forums

This is correct but it's too patrician for most people to admit

youtube.com/watch?v=3tq33sEQF6Q

dropped them after this song

Except he's incorrect. The patrician choice is Automatic for the People.

This is the truth

I just want comfy Chronic Town REM back desu

Hiding political tics behind faux-formalist boilerplate, pop aesthetes accused them of imposing Solidarity and Agent Orange on their musical material, but in fact such subjects signaled an other-directedness as healthy as Michael Stipe's newfound elocution. Admittedly, with this one beginning "The world is collapsing around our ears," I wondered briefly whether "Losing My Religion" was about music itself, but when Stipe says they thought about calling it Love Songs, he's not just mumbling "Dixie." Being R.E.M., they mean to capture moods or limn relationships rather than describe feelings or, God knows, incidents, and while some will find the music too pleasing, it matches the words hurt for hurt and surge for surge. The Kate Pierson cameos, the cellos, and Mark Bingham's organic string arrangements are Murmur without walls--beauty worthy of DeBarge, of the sweetest soukous, of a massed choir singing "I Want To Know What Love Is."
A

great, so i am allowed to like it. cool

REM is nothing without bill berry

That's not New Adventures in Hi-Fi

Wtf is he doing anyway these days? Instead of posting shitty selfies he should make some new music.

>looking up words in thesaurus to hide his middle class upbringing
>clunky, bordeline incomprehensible sentence structure
>talk of politics and fashion of the day precedes comments on the music itself
>comments on the music itself are short, inconsequential, and utterly subjective
>admittance of paying more attention to the words than the music
classic christgau. he's one of those people who make you wish the christian hell really existed 'cause you know the faggot deserved a spot there even before he started his career.

This.

There are tons of older artsy gay men that look like this, and it most certainly has nothing to do with trying to look hip/young. Its more rooted in underground urban leather/bdsm scenes than anything.

cuckservatives are insecure as shit, if hes such an old washed up homo then why are you so inclined to make fun of someone so obviously inferior to you?
as much as youre right, this is most of music journalism anyway

Youre quite confused about the narrative of this discussion.

In this thread are two sides: those calling him a trend jumping millenial wannabe, and those defending him by saying hes just picked up on a few signifiers of urban gay culture that have been around for decades.

You just lumped attacks and defenses together.

Hasn't he made enough?

I agree. I still think if they'd disbanded when Berry left, they'd have an even greater legacy. Like Beatles-tier.

Not one of those first 10 albums is bad.

I mean, I guess it's cool that Accelerate and Collapse Into Now exist, and Reveal wasn't horrible to me. But they really should've just rebranded after Berry left.

You've got it all wrong man, I think Michael seems a great guy, I'm just wondering what's happened to him lately for him to seem to have changed so much from how he used to be.

Hes had beards since the early 2000s. Fuck are you on about m8

Why the fuck does anyone care that he grew a beard?

When did moby get so ild

Great album, but Radio Song is fucking terrible.

i mean, i agree it could be trimmed up but whats wrong with the beard other than that?

THATS ME IN THE CORNER

I'm sorry what

dude I'm gay too lmao, I was just pointing out the probable cause of the nose ring