Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j1L1gNUPbTw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Battlefield 1, ww1 is the Worse war to make a game about

AKA Reddit: The Game

overwatch
dark souls
no man's sky

Come now child...no one who is a true civ old fag would both buying the game until they bring out the dlc. might as well be in beta

mass effect 2

Yeah, something is missing from this game, it /is/ worth playing civ vi though

Its not even about the content honestly...The game is just a trashcan as are all the Battlefield games.

This is gold, but, don't associate Reddit with the civ, that's disrespectful for civ

no mans sky is okay if you get it for free

how can you judge a civ game after 1 hour..

don't get me wrong I started to dislike it too for many reasons and am back to playing civ V for now.. after 5 playthroughs that is and about 200 hours in. needs more patching and dlc. still best civ game at launch so far.

Already Hyped for Dlc it is a solid release on its own but I know Dlc will polish it off nicely

i just think that its for casuals(dont mean to sound like a cunt) but it feels so similar to sw battle front then a battle field game, and the progression system is shite

Economics
Productivity
Army politics
Politics
Culture
Resources
Trading
Diplomacy
Exploration(kinda)
Even fucking religion.
Civ is the truth, an hero newfags

I agree its casual but it's much more enjoyable then that garbage battle front

BC2 was fun as fuck.

And yes, we get to have two leaders, it is practical and historical at the moment

this boring series

Fifa 16 i hate this fucking game and all this new game coming on.they are all for fucking kids i cannot play anymore this shit.pes 2017 for life.FPS are dead for me.

the total war games

youtube.com/watch?v=j1L1gNUPbTw black people sure are stupid right goys.

He never said he bought it.

what a surprise, recent triple A releases are actually bad despite the hype trains
that's because inspiration died a long time ago
people who buy games these days deserve to get burned
witcher 3 is pretty good though

Bioware reminds me of rare in all the wrong ways.
They seemed like genius devs until the new console generation rolled around with different expectations for game mechanics and design but they stayed at the same level of skill and quickly everything passed them in quality.

I downloaded civ vi for free.. I still want a fucking refund for the few hours i spent giving that steaming turd a chance

>a true civ old fag would both buying the game until they bring out the dlc
>a true civ
>old fag

Yeah, I remember all the sweet DLC for this bad boy.

I met civ through civ 2, was the first one good?

Yes, but 2 is objectively the best in the series. Anyone who disagrees is a pleb.

Guess im a pleb, always preferred civ 1.

discovering that arse stain civ thats been hiding on an island in the middle on nowhere causing your game to last 30 bloody turns longer than it should. memories

Well, it was good, can't forget

Yeah, i have had some fun times on battlefield 1, and i will probably put a few more hours into it over the coming weeks, yet if I could, i would go back in time and not waste my money on it.

If yu are thinking of buying it, honestly wait until the hype dies and the price drops.
Not worth 100 dollars and i honestly find myself only really going back to it because i spent so much money on it and i dont want it to go to waste...

EA dice games like that do not drop much until their replacement is released and when they do there's like 30 DLC to help keep the poor suffering devs(publishers) from starving and you'd have to be a monster not to support them.
I hate modern gaming.

I used to have that mentality. But I have this question for you, how long have you played dark souls for?

Battlefield 1 SP and MP are both shit, fuckn regret buying it. Just a clusterfuck of nonsense.

I really really like Overwatch actually. But the only thing I hate about the game, and the reason why I have drastically dropped playtime in it is because of players in competitive matches who refuse to switch from bad hero picks resulting in losses. I love Overwatch competitive, but the aforementioned problem happens far too many times for me to even want to really play the game. Especially when there is a stack queuing in competitive.

There is still hope my friend.
I am stidying game design atm and aspire to create my own games one day.

I will single handidly bring the gaming market back to how it was in the glory days of Ps2 and Xbox

I just got into overwatch, I'm level 6 (not too sure which level you have to be to get into comp but yeah that'd my level) and this is the kind of shit I'll be dealing with? Fuck. Its not even hard to pick a damn heroo for the job it literally tells you what you need to pick...

All FPS games

Do they teach you how to become god in college now?
Because that's the only way i see of fixing the massive budgets and stingy tactics to recoup those budgets going away.

lol so random XD

And "muh nostalgia pixelbased graphic"

>AI trading is broken
>They constantly plop cities down right next to your borders
>Can't do anything without making every single civ hate you
>Get declared war on, other civs denounce you for "warmongering" for +2000 years
>China
>not starting a religion in time and watching your control slip away despite having a perfectly viable civ

I have 40 hours on it, but it's now just a boring click-and-wait simulator past the setup stage. Turnbased RTS are already inferior to begin with.

>you will never play AoE2-3/Age of Mythology for the first time ever again

yeah, shrunk all the maps down and streamlined what was once a great game. fuck cs go it can go

If I find you, I will kick your dog in the face.

Hanzo is too hard for pretty much anyone up until MAYBE Platinum rank, making for players being pretty much useless with him. And he is by far the most spammed (what I talked about in the previous post) out of all of the difficult heroes. And he has the most potential to be useless (i.e. not contributing anything to the team) out of all of the difficult heroes. I used to kind of like him back when I was messing around in quick play. Now I absolutely despise him.

Those are really only suggestions. People try to follow the meta and silly strategies they saw on youtube. Then there's people who take "main"ing too far.

>Melennials attempting to play strategy.

No ill jut make a game that is half decent, ill stay away from big name companies that push their shitty business practuces on me and ruin my game and give me unrealistic standards/ deadlines.

Ill do it my way and if you dont agree then you can get the fuck off my companies property.

Ill make finished games that are worth $100 and ill sell them for $100.

I wil not make half finished broken games worth $40 and sell half of them for $100 and then the other half as DLC.

Im not a cunt

You are not autistic enough, that's all.

Undertale

Hes really unnecessary (don't lynch pls I'm only level 6) and I cringe at anybody that uses him. All it takes is a lucky shot here and there. Cant believe people consider him viable in comp lol.

But that's a cat pic

Overrated, sure, but countless hours of fun.

Come on mate, don´t be like that.

Hmm I take them to heart, they seem like reasonable tips too. It helps at times, well to me.

Nah got bored after the escape from the city and then trudged through 2 hours of boredom. Warframe was more fun than that

Really? what do you like then?

If you get bored 20 min in, maby the whole action rpg isn´t your cup of tea in the first place?

It's typically players who want to boost their ego by playing a difficult hero and doing well, and they typically end up standing around missing arrows and dying while the team loses a constant 5v6.

Also, a general tip: try to learn and get good with at least one hero in every category, it will make competitive life much easier for you (there can only be one of every hero on each team). Being able to adapt for a team that is limited will make or break lots of games.

doom 4
metal gear solid 5
wolfenstein new order
counter-strike go
fallout 4
every single pay to win online game from fps to moba to rpg

I think it's a lot of fun but the community is horrible. I think it has something to do with how "casual" and wide(?) the game is. I'm a long time dota player but Overwatch is something else.

And I'd really like to see more balance patches, one per season is stupid.

You'll never finish anything that is legitimately worth $100 without big boy funding. Most indie devs struggle for $30, and even then it's only acceptable with a little pity factored in.
And there goes 3-5 years of your life, in which you had to balance your game, an actual job and everything else that happens in 3-5 years.

Yeah I'm a long time dota 2 player also. Started early dota 1. I agree with everything you said though. I have so many gripes with Bastion but no one seems to agree with me ever, which is frustrating. And Mei can do way too much.

I really hate DOTA 2, but to be honest, I´m not sure if I hate it because of the gameplay or the fanbase the most

>2016
>not playing Kerbal Space Program

Overwatch. >Overpriced

This triggers me since they are the only games I like.

Balancing is based on the high ranks. Dota has pubstompers too.

Looks like theme hospital, was released in 2015

Rn I just play Reaper/D.Va/Mercy and I'm doing really well with Mercy. I even do better than some higher leveled people... But yeah I definitely need to give that a shot. Im just afraid really, like I tried winston and I was like nope never again.

it's this kind of thinking that strayed all the good minds away from picking up degrees in cs with the idea of making great games.

"you will never do this"
"you will waste all of this"
"blah blah blah"

maybe everyone should just sit around 4 chan putting down others dreams so we can all be fat worthless pieces of shit who spread negativity like a cancer and hope everyone else lives as shitty lives as us.

you are part of the problem. let the guy fucking do what he wants without your faggot little 'meh it's all a waste, whats the point, probably just kys' kind of bullshit.

And thats the exact reason that so many people fail.

You think EA, rockstar, Activision etc etc started out this big?

They worked their way to the top.

Im not afraid of hard work.
I just finished an assignment to make a basic, low poly game.
I worked my fucking ass of for 8 weeks, 7 days a week to make a shitty piece of shit asshole of a game where you collect coins and avoid enemies.
But im proud of it.

If i can do that in 8 weeks with just myself and some help from classmates, then who knows what i can do in 2-3 yeas with a whole team of likeminded people.

Never give in, never surrender. Im going to make it to the top or ill die trying bitch.

Paradox games, faggot.

Victoria 2 is a population Godly economics simulator combined with historical strategy.

Paradox>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>civilisation

Don't waste your time with Winston. He's super cool (I really love him honestly) but he is wayyyy underpowered compared to the other heroes, which is weird.

every battlefield post-bad company

Medieval total war 2 was fucking awesome man. I agree that the newer ones have been pretty meh.

filthy casual detected

>go back to lol

I just reinstalled my gold edition of medieval 2

The third age mod is awesome, highly recommend it. (Graphics have aged fairly well too)

Fuck mei

i used to totally despise Windranger. But then she was nerfed, and I actually love playing her now.

I am counting down the days until Slark receives a huge nerf/change. Jesus........

I think people dislike soulsborne games either because they don't like hard games or dislike the very subtle story telling. Or maybe they take the get good scrub to heart

Never really see him around. I forgot the character name, but whoever shoots rockets/can fly/death from above yada yada gets so much play. Same goes for Reinhardt, Mei, and widowmaker. I might just try those out, besides widowmaker.

I haven't been able to get into Civ VI as well. I'm a big fan of these types of games but the new civ felt like a rehash.

rocket league is a hot pile of garbage.

this is bait, deus ex was the best game i had ever played through way back then when my dad cut off my internet and all i had was this game to play

And this is exactly what I meant, 12 year old shouting into the mic

LOLOLOL GIT GUT OMFG I PWN YOU CUZ I´M SO FUCKIN 1337

Fallout 4

Kart racers. Mario Kart, Diddy Kong, Sonic whatever, Lego ones. Sim racers or gtfo

lmfao you spent 100 dollars? No shit it isn't worth it. I spent 45 and it was worth every dollar. I would shoot myself before having the chance to be retarded enough to spend 100 on a game nowadays.

this shitty game. Like dark souls 1 and 2 were good but ds3 is shit

swkotr doesn't hold up well at all.

I only explained why it was unrealistic. If you're getting so steamed, perhaps it is because you recognise that life really isn't that fluffy.

this. Just because you have no dreams doesn't mean you can put others dreams down. Go through fuck outside.

agreed

If you really, really, really want to play a sniper, Widow is much better than Hanzo (but Ana is better than Widow). The reason she is is consistency. She does less damage than widow, but 2x8=16 and 3x3=9.

Pharah gets a lot of play (rocket girl) because shes easy to use and really good, if you learn her. Look for the hero profile somewhere, and you'll see 1-3 stars for difficulty rating. She's a 1. Shes the only attack hero I play, and when we need attack I can typically always play her.

Reinhardt is probably the best (while being fair) hero in the game. His hammer does ludicrous damage, and his shield excellent utility when used well. He is my go to (I pick him first) on payload offense, just because it feels so fucking manly and exhilarating.

Everyone secretly hates Mei because while she doesn't do anything THAT great, she can do literally everything, which no other hero can, which makes her extremely annoying.

That was the only game in the series I played and I liked it.
I think it's just the games are all too similar and you grow tired of it eventually.

Fuck, less damage than Hanzo* I'm tired