Hey. I just saw a PETA commercial of humane meat...

Hey. I just saw a PETA commercial of humane meat . So basically the joke was that the animal get slaughtered in front of the eaters eyes. And that was supposed to be somehow eye opener or some shit. I have troubles understanding what they are trying to say.

Who here is a vegan and not eating meat because murder?

Who here has slaughtered a mammal and eaten it?

There is nothing wrong killing an animal with respect, skinning it, slicing dem balls out and eating the liver right after getting it out when it's still warm. All you need is hot pan, butter, salt and pepper. God damn.

So what is this ffuck about people not learning where the meat comes? Respect life and those corpses.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VSFnmM12LOQ
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/apr/14/stupid-humans-smart-enough-to-know-it
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Watching cows, pigs, etc get slaughtered makes me hungry.

I live in a smaller village. Butchering animals is pretty normal. Going out in the morning and beheading 3 chickens so you can eat something in the afternoon. I don't get Peta. Yeah I am killing animals, but there is a purpose behind it.

I am a hunter, I kill moose, deer, black bear, and grouse. I prepare the meat all on my own and eat it, I have been doing this for ears. Those PETA fucks are unbareably stupid at times. Animals are inherently cruel to each other, if cows and pigs ran wild they would be prey for apex preadators. Getting killed by a pack of wolves is a bad way to go, they usually go right for the guts and dont wait for their prey to die before doing it. The animals i kill should consider themselves lucky that i give them quick deaths

Hey OP, I'm vegan. It's pretty simple.

Animals are sentient beings, feeling love, stress and pain -> We don't need to kill these beings to survive and it's also worse for the planet to keep breeding them for our consumption.

Sometimes things are more important than the flavor of your dinner, don't you think?

Hey vegan, I'm a human. It's pretty simple.
Your veganism is causing deforestation because we need to get rid of the tress in order to get farms for your stupid ass food.

Thats retarded, just see

They way we breed, raise and feed the animals we eat may be bad for the planet. But that doesnt mean we should stop eating meat all together. Animal husbantry has been one of the skills humanity has posesed since the very begining. We should reform the practices surrounding the way the animals are farmed not stop it all together.

Vegan here, I don't eat any animal products not because I don't feel bad (trust me meat is delicious) but because it's a lot healthier. Don't pay any mind to PETA because they're a bunch of faggots.

I understand the theory and fantasy of world without meat but for sure it's impossible.

I do agree that people throw away too much food and eat too much red meat.

What I don't understand is your argument of "love, stress, pain" - From when has it been a rule not to eat something with feelings?

Animals do it, humans have always done it. Even the story of Jesus included meat eating.

Wow, I have never heard of a vegan who is so for completely logical reasons! 10 points user

i escaped two war torn countries
seen hundreds dead infront of me
you know what i did not see? vegans coming to the rescue because "sentient life matters". so no i do not buy all this bullshit
it's easy spiting morals when it is convenient and when it comes to animals rights it is convenient because you don't "realy" have to do much to feel morally superior and that is the whole point of this movement, to feel morally superior

i believe his entire vegan thing is just a way for privileged fucks to feel superior, zero effort required
oh you stopped eating meat? what a fucking sacrifice

Why don't you just read up on what requires the most resources? Think about it, you need to feed an animal grains and water just to kill it and eat the animal. Do you see how much waste is accumulated there? We could have the grains and water to ourselves directly instead.

Don't cut yourself on that edge, man. We wouldn't just let the cows and pigs run wild - we'd slaughter them without breeding them until we killed the last milk-cow and then we'd start over with grains.

Would you kill your dogs?

Don't play the tough guys. There's something wrong with overcivilized people like us still killing animals. At this point we should already have found some synthetic alternative to meat. We're getting there anyway.

I am not a vegan at all. I eat meat everyday. But please don't serve me that false logic.

Sooner or later we'll stop to slaugther animals and it won't be only by necessity.

>Animal husbantry has been one of the skills humanity has posesed since the very begining.

What other traditions do you bring with you from the very beginning?

I support Peta on this. Would be great to eat meat that fresh.

You dont see the forest for the trees, a typical PETA faggot. The point is there are worse things then being slaughtered by humans. Reforming farming and ranching practices is the way forward. I'd tell you to pull your head out of your ass but its lodged in there pretty deep

Waddup, yeah I believe you've been through a lot of suffering and it fucking sucks to hear that. I donate what I can to organizations that help with different crises in the world effectively - and I am sure lots of other people are too.

Sure, some people like to see themselves as angels for going vegan but that's obviously not the case - it's just that they're trying to do better. Everyone should do as much as they can, right?

People should engage themselves more in the injustice of the world instead of pointing fingers at others for not engaging. What have you done for the world after your experience?

The way we live today is the eventual evolution of the human race since it began in africa. Famlily, community, innovation, hell even faith all have been with is since the very beginning.

I have been a hunter since I was 11, I have literally killed thousands of animals for meat and fur/trophy.
I killed a deer three days ago and it's hanging in my barn right now.
I laughed at the pic related but worry if real people actually think this;

What the fuck does your first sentence even mean? I'd love to discuss this with you but all you're doing is ad hominem with shitty grammar so why should I waste my time?

OP here. I would kill and eat a dog. Not preferably my dog but would do it in a scenario where needed to be done.

Why is my logic false if you eat meat every day?

Aight, I guess rape was a traditional thing too. Let's bring that one back while we're at it, it's been a part of us and is even approved by most faiths!

Says the guy who donates =)
hahhahahahhahhaaaa

I would kill and eat a dog too if needed. But don't you feel, even remotely, that there's something wrong with killing other species solely for that basic need that is feeding ourselves? We are no longer cavemen, that's what I mean.

You are clearly some sort off butt hurt faggot so you hide behind your grammar sherif hat. Go eat some kale chips

I'd kill an animal to eat it if I had to, luckily there are people to do it for me but if I had to I vould, doesn't matter what, you do what you have to to survive. Peta are the isis of charity groups, ha.

Why don't you tell me the way you live to make the world a better place? Maybe I could learn something of you? What should I do with my extra coins instead of spending it on effective altruism?

Kek, im living keto, blood test never Bern better, loosing weight like animals loose their heads on a farm.
>waddup fam?

There is no need to argument if over-population and over- consuming will destroy earth or humanity as we know it.

The original point was if the self-slaughtering and eating is somehow made a bad thing or an "eye opener" because there blade actually meet the meat and it' a bit messy for a moment.

Hey come on, elaborate and I'll discuss it. I just didn't understand what you were trying to say.

Where the fuck did that come from? Have you taken your helmet off and started banging your head off the wall again user?

What is it with you people thinking were super advanced and super civilized? That we should be passed shit like eating meat? What does that even have to do with something like killing an animal for food?

Yes. The way majority of societies do things is utterly fucked up.

But it does not mean that meat is a murder

>I've been doing it for ears

Someone please shoop this

>e joke was that the animal get slaughtered in front of the eaters eyes. And that was supposed to be somehow eye opener or some shit

I think it's a good idea, I've been thinking about something similar, too. Most people treat meat like bread or potatoes or whatever, but they feel disgusted about butchering animals. I eat lots of meat and I'm fully aware how is it made, I bet most regular meat-eating people wouldn't even kill a cow or a pig, not to mention skin it and all that.

Thats because you are clearly an idiot, my point is simple. Reform farming and ranching practices. Ban industrial meat production. It will result in higher prices yes but it will be for the better.

I'd bet there would be a lot of waste too. What family can eat a whole cow?

Now if they did a couple cows or whatevers and had meals planned/ordered in advance and it was for a large group of people it would probably work better.

I just woke up and am on my phone, fuck off grammar sherif

It has to depend where you live. My country does not have that problem. Maybe some people in the capital are but 99% not

Faggot cunt.

Rape actually happens a lot in the animal kingdom. Should we stop that as well to save the animals from being abused by their equals? Isn't it our moral duty to step in and save them?

I can eat a full cow myself if I know a way to preserve it such as freezing

Deforestation is from clearing land to grow grain for industrial meat producers.

Vegans are almost as stupid as you and trophy hunters.

I know ethically I should eat only what I kill and kill only what I eat but I'm lazy fat americunt.

Still, I should eat more vegetables.

My family eats the following in a year to 18 months. 1 moose, two to three deer, two black bears and maybe a dozen grouse. A cow might be a big animal but you would be supprised how little meat you get off of it. A lot of the weight is bone and guts, stuff you cant really eat. Off of a 1000 lbs moose I'd be lucky if i take home 500lbs of meat and that includes things like the liver and heart

To be honest you can use the whole animal. Bones for stock. Guts are food also if you clean them

Sure but have you ever slaughtered an animal that weighs 1000lbs on your own and back your kill back to your truck? Honeslty i would take more then I do in a typical kill but I am often so beat by the time I get the cuts I want back. Plus, I like leaving something for the rest of the critters in the forest. They gotta eat too

Your logic has nothing wrong and I was not saying you do something bad.

Only thing I'm wondering is that you hunt moose all by yourself?

In my country there is a limit how many can be killed and they hunt in groups with dogs.

But then what are the ethical implications of not growing your own veggies? After all most industrial farms hire people who are desperate, illegals and such, and pay very little. Buying your veggies in your local grocery store is you helping exploit them further

peta has had more animals euthanized from not taking care of them than probably all of the pounds combined in the U.S., and you want to feed into that machine that only exists for money? You must surely be voting for Hillary. Greetings from Norway.

veg.
Don't care if anyone eats whatever they want.
Grew up veg, tried meat, not for me, more for you..
whatever.

Tack ska du har, jag tycker om Seiland och kveite

Fascinated by all this.

I raise animals for meat for my family and I sell it. Love eating meat, but the only reason I eat it is because it tastes good. I could rasily survive without it.

We all know the reasons why we should stop eating meat. Anyone claiming anything besides the fact that it tastes good (like evolution, health, etc) is a moron.

Killing animals is not easy for me. I am thankful for what I take from them.

Yes i do hunt on my own and its a lot of work, thats really the point i was trying to make. I live in a subrub of Toronto, a lot of my friends cant even fathom what i do every fall. Which is why i hunt alone, nobody to go with me. As for limits, most people have to apply for tags in the specific area you hunt when it comes to deer and moose. There are daily bag limits on grouse, bear hunts are regional and based on population levels. I have metis status though so I am allowed to hunt outside of those regulations to feed my family but I do not get to do whatever i want. There are rules and regulations i still need to follow

So when you hunt alone how do you do it. Go somewhere and wait`?

My apologies. Besides eating meat because it tastes good, hunting to feed your family economically seems like a totally legit reason to eat meat.

Depends, for bear and deer that usually what I do. Moose I usually track and stalk. It all depends on what sign I find in the area i hunt in

You asked who's a vegan,well thats me and I am vegan as I cannot condone animals being killed because i prefer to eat them to the other nutritious food sources widely available.

>would you kill your dogs
A lot of people do, instead of euthanising them, they kill them themselves
>would you eat a dog/your dog
No, because I've heard they're not tasty
Fuck off with your shit argouments

I am carrying on traditions that have been passed down through the generations as well. Sure I might work on a computer in an office but I still keep it alive and will be teaching my children what i have learned through the years so that they may do the same

It's dumb in my opinion, they should start helping to change the way farmers raise and kill their animals if they care about them so much.

Killing your first animal is exhilarating and proves we are hardwired to do it

Video related:
youtu.be/VSFnmM12LOQ

This. I'm happy to not eat animal products if it prevents the killing of dozens of animals every year. I'm sacrificing very little, and those animals are gaining a lot.

This is obviously a piss-take. If not, google how much land is required to feed one cow.

"The very beginning" was literally thousands of years ago, when you couldn't wave a piece of plastic in exchange for food. We just simply don't need to eat meat anymore. We are far past that.

"From when has it been a rule" is never a good argument. Slavery used to exist, and the slavers probably said "From when has it been a rule to not have a slave?" We need to be progressive. Again, the story of Jesus included meat eating because it was necessary in order to survive back then. It isn't necessary in order to survive now.

You say "it is convenient" - exactly. It's easy. All you have to do is not eat animal products. I'm sure if there were a way to help the fight crimes against humanity that were just as convenient, vegans would also partake due to their beliefs.

Studies have shown that plants also experience some of these same feelings. Plants can even feel empathy. When one plant in a group gets harmed, other plants respond.

Your cuck morals now require you to subsist on only water.

Does peta want us to eat live animals?

If they care about them so much, the wouldn't want farmers to raise/kill them at all.

The bonus of my ethically decided dietary choices is that I almost automatically get all my nutrition and vitamins and minerals from the food i eat without even trying. I find the american obesisty crisi as being a godsend. You'll all die from your dairy and processed animal corpse derivatives. You deserve it. Being vegan is hard to do and takes great will power. My diet keeps me strong and healthy and with very little illness in over 30 years of my plant based diet. Also Hitler did nothing wrong.

this
killing my first fish in the fishing course was some kind of strange.

I think it has to do more with how the animals are treated before they die and how it's inhumane. I personally am disgusted by some of these things, but I'm not going to actively stop it because meat is pretty fucking good.

Sentient. I don't think you know the meaning of that word.

I had almost the exact thing hapeen to me when my dad took me on my first moose hunt and I got a kill. I dont have the same feeling though now. Usually when I get a kill what pops into my head is, funs over time to get to work

I think they do. A lot of research has come out over the past 10-20 years showing that animals are a lot smarter/emotionally aware than we think. Do a bit of reading.

since they can grow meat now there isnt really a point.

We are hardwired to do some pretty dumb shit tbh:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/apr/14/stupid-humans-smart-enough-to-know-it

I literally hunt every year. I have personally killed over 8 deer in my life. This bullshit only works on the city folks who don't know death unless its some black dude behind a gun. I actually prefer deer meat to store bought. Atleast now you know its not pumped full of god knows what.

I'm guessing you also argue that "any product can be traced back to harming animals, so you shouldn't eat/consume anything and just kill yourself in order to be 100% vegan." This is true, but very stupid. Obviously every individual is going to cause an amount of suffering for other sentient beings in their lives. Being vegan is a good way to MINIMISE this suffering, not ERADICATE it.

These studies that you talk about are still very basic, and the area is not at all well understood. Even so, we obviously have to eat SOMETHING to survive. Plants are, at least, LESS sentient, but probably not sentient at all.

Vegans dont believe in Jesus or God for the most part..they also believe in wholesale abortion..a friend mine is an organizer for DXE and they are the most aggargant ,one sided logic fucktards ive ever seen in my life

Can't decide if your a vegan, vegetarian, or general healthy eater.

>Sometimes things are more important than the flavor of your dinner, don't you think?
Yea sorry Vegan user (of course you had to tell us about it) but not all people can afford to eat vegan. Also, its not nearly as healthy for you. Look at all vegan cultures. They are all tiny little twerps.

i'm sure there are people who would love to kill you with respect.

I think it's time you went back to the drawing board and learnt a little bit more about dietry requirements.

You just can't make bacon out of cauliflowers.

Its an idiom

PETA are largely just fascist fucks who use lies and propaganda to get people to believe their "cause", however...

I'd not eat meat on moral grounds. I think the killing of any animal is wrong, inhumane, and cruel. If you think an animal can be slaughtered without serious mental and physical suffering, or that the slaughter industry really takes any serious steps to prevent this, you're living in a dream world.

I bet most people would be put of eating meat if they visited a slaughterhouse, even teenaged faggots on here trying to be edgy and saying they wouldn't care. The exception is of course people who grew up around it, but the closest most of you have come to animal slaughter is your mom putting some KFC in front of your fat ass.

All that said, I'd never give up meat, it's too damn tasty. I just do what most do - try not to think about it and just ignore it. As a result, I don't appreciate these PETA fags reminding me of it.

Circular logic is circular. Meat is a dense nutrient. grains and veggies are not. This is why humans eat meat. If we lived solely off veggies and grain we would consume TONS more grain and veggies. You don't conserve anything not eating meat you just make it harder to get all needed nutrients. Sorry but all we are is flesh puppet who need to consume things to keep our flesh puppet juiced up. Such is life. I think the way alot of these animals are morally reprehensible but that is on the ones doing the killing not me for eating what they killed.

And imagine if, one day, the world slowly started to realise that that tradition was not just.

My family has owned slaves for generations. I will own a host of slaves, and I will be teaching my children what I have learned through the years so that they may do the same.

Your case is slightly different, though - you rely on the industry as a form of supporting your family.
I liken it to a man who works in a factory producing cigarettes. The western world has realised how backward our views on cigarettes used to be, and the industry is dying. I expect the same thing will happen to the meat/animal product industry over the next 50-100 years, so for your children's sake it may be best to change that "tradition."

plants feel too, u murderer
kill yourself to save the planet

how is this healthier?

Read up on the amount of land required to feed an omnivore diet compared with the land required to feed a vegan diet. The cowspiracy movie had a good go at this, although they weren't entirely accurate in their statistics. Vegan diets require far far less farm land.

vegan

Think about the sheeps for a while. They're hardwired to be eaten- It's in their genes.
They fight almost none even if they know they are going to die

Refer to:

Tiny little twerps?
I think you mean lean ,not fat and with surprisingly low levels of disease suffered by the average american.

Because we bred them to be that way. Same with cows.

What? put a coyote in a field of sheep and watch those things run away and put up a fight.

Vegan diets damage your body. The only way to stay on one long term is to take artificial supplements or grossly pervert the serving sizes of certain foods.

Also? Plenty of land on earth. PLENTY. Visit Wyoming.

u eat more plants to substitute meat. U cause a lot of small suffering, instead of some big sufferings. It amounts to the same.
Kill yourself - save planet. U rly dont need to live

The life expectancy for vegetarians is greater than meat-eaters. Not enough data exists on vegans at the moment, but it's looking like they'll have even GREATER life expectancies. Veganism also greatly reduces your risk of stomach/colon/bowel cancers.

And it's a lot cheaper. Where I live, before I went vegan meat made up about 60% of the cost of each meal, but only 1/4 the volume. I have saved a lot.

no I mean tiny little twerps. The average Indian male is 5'5" and most are vegan. They are tiny little twerps