Linkin park has a new song. thoughts?

linkin park has a new song. thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=lp00DMy3aVw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3OYeXDryPCs
youtube.com/watch?v=R-w7JF6Bv-s
youtube.com/watch?v=Bmnmg5Ja-4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=L4XEH9LbX38
ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/linkin_park_streaming_new_song_heavy.html
youtube.com/watch?v=51iquRYKPbs
youtu.be/FZyDiuzpHCg
youtu.be/rME4K9GOMmU
youtu.be/nTEIsrBJJRM
youtu.be/tF08nQpW60o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Betty gud

Wow, didn't know they were playing pop

So we Linkin Pop now?

so linkin park has become twenty one pilots?

better than i expected, but first verse is just tragic. 5,5/10 "its okay"

>(feat. Kiiara)

these are my thoughts exactly.
first verse sounded so dry and plain.
it's okay but it could be better

I can't believe it's only 2:50 seconds

Who the fuck produced this. The second part of the song, from Kiiara's chorus, is just straight up louder and the ending has a pretty nice synth part that's just buried beneath obnoxiously loud bass and vocals. I guess the drums are okay. It's a disappointment, for some reason I expected A Thousands Suns 2.0.

>actually
>pretty
>good
>not
>cringe
>at
>all

Do angsty tweens still listen to Linkin Park or have we moved on as a species.

no we've regressed
Meteora and Hybrid Theory are respectable albums

It's 21 Toilets now, and a strange resurgence of MCR amongst edgy youths

It's really hard to say this, because I'm such a huge LP fan, but I really don't like it. It's not BAD, it's just not that good. Chester's parts are fine, but I feel like it's mostly Kiiara--who I've never even heard of--singing. Idk though. Maybe it'll grow on me if I keep listening.

I miss the Trip-Hop influenced sound of the first two albums
ATS was aight tbf sounds like a softer Street Sects - End Positions

It looks like the community manager or someone is deleting comments. What a shame, I was a huge fan for a while. This is not the direction I expected after hunting party

The most bland and generic modern pop song ever.

And I liked their last album.

>ATS (...) sounds like a softer Street Sects - End Positions

drop LP after meteora

I don't know how I feel about it, but I'm reserving judgement until I hear the full album. This is under 3 minutes and there's only 10 tracks. Let's assume 1 is also an interlude, we're talking under 40 minutes? Hoping for some longer tracks then.

Mike Shinoda also stated there isn't any screaming on the record, which is interesting, but pretty disappointing. It all seems a bit hypocritical after he stated how tired he was of hearing pop music on rock stations, and basically called acts like CVRCHES "Disney music". Now they're doing a 180.

No, ATS is their best album.

deadest fucking band on planet fucking earth.

if you have nothing to sing about, just quit and move on with your lives.

this is so bad.

Speaking as someone who loves Minutes to Midnight, I have the creeping suspicion that this new album will basically be what people hate about MTM times 100.

They were doing pop before, like this Hybrid Theory demo for example.

youtube.com/watch?v=3OYeXDryPCs

This new singe is pretty disappointing, though.

>ft. Kiiara
>professional songwriters
>no screaming on new record
Calling it here, this is gonna be the worst album of the year. Basically just gonna a repeat of Skillet's travesty from last year, but even worse.

Sounds like a follow-up to Living Things, certainly sounds more concise and assured than the near-schizophrenic identity of that album. Unfortunately, Living Things is also their worst album so I'm not particularly enthused. Lacks the drive of even something like Minutes to Midnight, let alone A Thousand Suns or The Hunting Party where the band actually seemed like they wanted to push themselves a little. Sounds very safe and uninspired. Oh well, maybe they'll make that follow-up to ATS someday, then I'll give half a shit.

>deadest fucking band on planet fucking earth

What does that even mean? Every album of theirs debuts with 100k+ sales and sells 1m +.

They brought on multiple song writers to help them out and said it's about their personal/family life. Last record was a statement against modern rock, Minutes to Midnight was them reinventing themselves, A Thousand Suns was a concept album, Living Things was mixing the old with the new, etc

They have plenty to talk about, whether good or bad.

Disappointed

They should have invited Pitbull instead

Sure edgy teens listened to Linkin park but hybrid theory has always been good

lol this is fucking awful

It sucks and it would suck even if it came from a pop artist. It is simply a generic pedestrian pop song that everyone will have forgotten about 1 month after it comes out.

The discussion talking about how Linkin Park were nu-metal and changed or that they grew is bullshit. They started doing angsty nu-metal because it was cool at the time and now they make shitty pop because that is what sells now. They are not artists, they are a brand and you can bet your fucking ass that is Lords of Chaos the movie builds a mega hype for black metal, Linkin Park will be releasing a black metal album.

Honestly, generic, no energy, no life to it, no passion.

Say what you want about old stuff of theirs, but it was passion and it had life. This is fucking bland and boring without anything to offer, nothing from lyrical standpoint and sure as fuck nothing from instrumental standpoint. It's as ong made to be played on radio which sounds the same as every other pop hit.

This one is trying so hard to be one of those pop hits it's hurting me.

Well it is still better than Silence by Suicide Silence...

I wouldn't say the string of records from Minutes to Midnight to The Hunting Party were especially trendy. Minutes and ATS in particular weren't what anyone actually wanted out of LP. Living Things looks back to the older stuff but shoves it violently into the newer sounding shit that people were already divided on, and Hunting Party was an angry rock album out of left field and little else. But yeah, their first 2 albums were commercialized takes on a then trendy genre and this new track is almost insufferably mediocre.

>tfw we will never get A Thousand Suns level LP ever again

Really sucks. Shit like When They Come For Me, The Catalyst, and Wisdom, Justice And Love were pretty next level for their standards. I'd like to see LP more in that vein again.

living things > reanimation > hybrid theory = meteora > a thousand suns > the hunting party > minutes to midnight > whatever the fuck this shit is

That's not bad tbqh

not good either but hey

>Living Things at the top

Interesting.

A Thousand Suns > Hunting Party = Meteora > Minutes To Midnight = Hybrid Theory > Living Things

Not gonna judge the album based on the single but I am expecting trite pop shit now. As for LT, I personally only cared for the first 2 tracks and Tinfoil, the rest is whatever. And I never listened to Reanimation, nor do I plan to. Maybe if I still really cared about LP beyond ATS then perhaps but I feel like I'd be wasting my time with it now.

living things is basically the electronic equivalent of hybrid theory and meteora

the synthesizer work is unlike anything i've ever heard and makes a great atmosphere

ONE THING

Some of the tracks on it remind me of NIN's Starfuckers Inc. except, amazingly enough, much less cringy.

I was a big LP fan in middle school. Hybrid theory was the first cd I ever bought back in the day. I don't know when it happened but there came a point when their music started to sound really cringey to me
>CRAWLING
except for a thousand suns which I think is still an objectively above-average album.
This isn't horrible but it's obvious they're hopping on that 21 pilots electro pop "alternative" bandwagon. Time to call it quits

Okay, I will concede that the electronic textures on it are very, very pretty. But for me, returning to the HT/Meteora ideas only came across as disingenuous after Minutes and ATS. Lies, Greed, Misery in particular is in the running for my least favorite LP song, it sounds like such a blatant, shameless rehashing of past glories, which is the absolute last thing I wanted after ATS.

As a major LP fan I give them props for at least going in a different direction that is not rock.
But this track sounds really generic (although it did improve further on)
I just want another thousand suns or hunting party. They were fantastic albums.

ya but minutes to midnight, ats and living things had legitimate pop masterpieces that still felt like linkin park

this is the most disingenuous radiobait shit

in my remains is far and away their best song

every band gets tame as they get older with age. they just lack the energy and fire they used to have in their younger years, as well as the pressure of evolving into something they usually arent

Very true those albums had some great tracks
I'm just hoping this is just a weak track on a great album

I'd say that's still Breaking The Habit, with my follow-ups being The Catalyst and Waiting For The End.

Hige LP homer here, song went fron this sucks to ok well ill just wait for the album

Goddamn, that was garbage

what did he mean by this

figure. 09 is their best song

I dont like the beginning but everything else is good.

I DONT KNOW WHY

>every band gets tame as they get older with age.
Unless you're NIN, they're the only band who's recent effort really surprised me, that recent EP blows all of this out of the water.

From Papercut to this shite. Fucking hell what a comedown.

Or Paradise Lost, whose career trajectory over the course of 14 albums and counting has basically underwent a smooth parabola from this:
youtube.com/watch?v=R-w7JF6Bv-s

to THIS:
youtube.com/watch?v=Bmnmg5Ja-4Q

and now currently sitting back at this:
youtube.com/watch?v=L4XEH9LbX38

>They are not artists, they are a brand
that's a false dichotomy if there ever was one

HT = Meteora > MTM > ATS=Living Things > Hunting Party

yes that is the order they were released

Live in Texas is the patrician's choice.

>Linkin Park
>patrician

Is it even worth attempting to make that distinction here?

>Lavren BTFO Mike Shinoda so hard he goes and make generic pop music worse than CVRCHES

>What is A Thousand Suns

Look at this "pleb".

Damn, that was exhausting how lame that was.

Embarrassing.

ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/linkin_park_streaming_new_song_heavy.html

>Mike Shinoda commented: "One thing that I am super excited about - I really want to make the riskiest songs now. I feel we're at the point where we've handled so many things, and risky can be a lot of different kinds of risky."

Is he having a giggle?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITHTHE REAL LINKIN PARK???

>"Now let's see how is behind this mask"
>...
>"THE CHAINSMOKERS???"
>"Yea and i would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling"

what she say? lemme guess something to the effect of "cringe" or "hurr white rapper"?

Garbage - 100% consistent career.

During the marketing for their last album "The Hunting Party", Mike Shinoda said

>There’s so much stuff that sounds like HAIM or CHVRCHES or Vampire Weekend that I’m full. The thing I’m hungry for is not that. I turn on the rock station in L.A. and it sounds like Disney commercial music.

Lavren BTFO Mike by saying

>I call bullshit on that one, I think it's not a coincidence that his band has a record to sell and he mentioned several bands that people are writing about

>I don't like being called a corporate sellout by the man that wrote the music for the MTV VMAs

Nice, drama between two garbage artists

>I never listened to Reanimation, nor do I plan to
It's arguably their best album

a highly overrated album which features pop songs disguised as art garnished with random speeches and hymns that ultimately go nowhere.
I liked it back when it came out but this meme has been going on for too long.

>Linkin Park releasing a black metal album

This makes me feel strange...but in a good way

Nickleback's new song kicks its ass, period

I love how much of a fuck they do not give. They make what they want to make

More like Stinkin' Fart.

Let us remember.

youtube.com/watch?v=51iquRYKPbs

Poor man's Limp Bizkit

>No, ATS is their best album.
Broooother!

So I think we can agree A Thousand Suns was the last good Linkin Park record?

youtu.be/FZyDiuzpHCg

I legitimately don't get how people can deny that Linkin Park are sellouts. They blatantly do whatever is in at the time and follow the current musical trends to be marketable and accessible.

No I'm not some "old skool" butthurt LP fan. The fact that they started their careers by capitalizing on a now dead meme fad of a genre is completely consistent with what came later for them.

>inb4 "muh evolving artist!" meme

It's not unnatural to progress in musical style as time goes on, but it's so obvious than linkin park are doing it because what they were doing was no longer in.

>Linkin Park are at the point where fans remixing their music make their songs better now

youtu.be/rME4K9GOMmU

If you haven't heard them already, Mike's production on The Raid soundtrack was probably his last good work.

youtu.be/nTEIsrBJJRM
youtu.be/tF08nQpW60o

Mike has always been a better producer than as a writer and vocalist. The production on The Rising Tied is quite good.

everything truly was better back then

So I think we can all free that the nu-metal band that aged the best was the Deftones, right?

This is impressively bad.

I didn't really expect anything, considering they haven't put out a good album in seven years.

gore was shit and everything after Chi died didn't have the same charm

the most consistently good nu metal band aside from LP is limp bizkit. their 2011 album gold cobra was fantastic.

This.
A Thousand Suns tries to be ambitious and artsy, but it ultimately falls flat because almost all the songs are underdeveloped.
Sounds more like a LPU demo CD that accidentally got approved for general release than a complete album.

Tbh this is the worst shit I've heard so far this year. This track sound like something gnash would put out

that's because only their first 2 albums are nu-metal

I used to be a hardcore Linkin Park fan in my teens, knew all of the songs and had all the albums, "Esaul was better than A Place for My Head", etc.

Listening to the first fucking verse made my sides go to orbit. Chester what the fuck are you doing just retire already

Dude seeing When They Come For Me live blew my fucking mind when I was younger.
Chester was banging on drums and the distorted atmosphere was fucking wonderful.

I WANNA LET GO BUT THERE'S COMFORT IN THE PANIC

l m a o

WHYISEVERYTHINGSOHEAVVY.song

can we all agree that LP went downhill once this guy started to become less and less relevant in the band