I liked this album better when it came out 6 years earlier and was called Yank Crime

I liked this album better when it came out 6 years earlier and was called Yank Crime

youtube.com/watch?v=7kYaEN06UYM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mKIc4o4SGV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I liked Yank Crime when it came out 4 years earlier and was called Repeater.

youtu.be/mKIc4o4SGV8

dedicated shitposting

Vaya is better than anything DLJ released

fail. no 10 minute long songs. no complete break from ababcabd song structure. no surrealistic songs. no songs about heartbreak.

it does have that corny reggae thing going on for a few tracks, so that's also a minus/fail.

it's completely different you massive fag

What are you on about, those albums sound completely different?

read this

also read this

and this

YC obviously inspired the album with the progressions and the energy(and a solid half of all post hardcore after its release) but it's not like ROC is an unoriginal project. It's way cleaner produced, has poppier structure, and is much more melodic.

I agree with all of that. which you could've said in another way...

ROC = pleb

YC = Patrician

ROC def has the elements of pop emo of that time blended into their sound, pop emo (thank god) didn't exist in 1994.

youre such a fucking poser, this shit is why the genre is so stagnant

influence =/= identical

>random youtube comments

There is no genre, it completely died after ROC came out and ATDI disbanded, or maybe with Leaves Turn Inside You.

Everything called posthardcore today is really just nu-screamo, i.e. the worst fucking garbage music of all time next to 90s ska.

"pop emo" also didn't exist when this album came out either, that sort of thing doesn't happen until Falloutboy/PanicATD etc many years later.

they need to retroactively change the name of late 80s through 2001 posthardcore to remove the stench of all the bands that associated with it today.

they literally have NOTHING in common. today's posthardcore was influenced by 90s pop punk, Green Day, Sum 41, Blink-182, etc, and the emo and sceamo of the early 00s, Jimmy Eat World, Thursday, etc. There is no influence from any 90s posthardcore bands in it at all.

isnt the point of post hardcore to have outside influences from punk and hardcore so that every band doesnt sound like early black flag ripoffs? or is it to sound like" muh real post hardcore"?

Alkaline Trio, Sunny Day Real Estate, Saves The Day, Promise Ring, Jimmy Eat World, New Found Glory, and the Get Up Kids all had albums (in some cases 2 or 3) out before ROC.

And Cedric had that emo vocal inflection on his songs. The only reason I liked ATDI is because of is lyrics and the music.

All other emo is cringecore lyrically and musically.

you know atdi had two albums before roc right?

I liked Jehu better when they were called Pitchfork

the original point is that the music was influenced by hardcore and the artist took it some place new. postpunk doesn't sound like punk. posthardcore doesnt sound like hardcore.

not one posthardcore band today is influenced by the original hardcore or by posthardcore of the 90s.

its influenced by pop punk and emo/screamo with some metal thrown in, so it should be called postscreamo or postpoppunk or something else.

yes, and weirdy enough, cedrick doesnt have the emo inflections on those albums.

now, you're juss being silly.

Out of those, only really Jimmy Eat World made any "pop" impression, the rest never made it out of obscurity. Get Up Kids were popular on MTV briefly but thats about it.

Anyway, the real mainstream analog to ATDI would be RageATM and other "alt rock" of the time.

maybe people call it post hardcore because it does sound somewhat similar to some 90's trve post hardcore but still manages to bring other influences to the table like pop punk and pop/rock in general. Is it that much of an unforgivable sin to sound like something other than the weak parts of a fugazi or unwound song and not have intentionally rough vocals?
im sorry, but im not sure wtf an emo inflection is but it sounds like cedric should go to a clinic

>emo inflections

this is definitely not a thing

bumping for more arguments

i love both albums!

had to swipe that one. very nice.

one suggestion...

you should shop the ink dropper in for the horse's cock.

it's a mark of a pleb whenever they think anything influenced by dub must be trying to imitate reggae

thank fucking god I don't know enough about dub or reggae or ska to actually give a shit, because its all shit-tier.

Thats like saying I'm a pleb because I can't tell the difference between a sugar ray or a smashmouth song. FUCK OFF LOL

tee hee.

Whoa, Cedric actually has good taste? After that Mars Volta shit I thought he was a lost cause.

>im ignorant so it must be bad

Hot Snakes is better than all this shit.

Goddamn do I hate Ian MacKaye's vocals