Sup Sup Forumsrats, med student her

Sup Sup Forumsrats, med student her.
Show/tell me your fucked up symptoms, and I'll do my best to give you a diagnosis and suggest a treatment.

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/pain-management/guide/compartment-syndrome-causes-treatments
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4154203/
cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/29/4/745.long
depuysynthes.com/patients-and-caregivers/shoulder/synovitis.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wanna fuckin' die

What year?
If you're under 4 then fuck off

I think I slept with one arm behind my head a few days ago and I woke up to it hurting

I can't move my wrist forward or backward as far as normal without hurting wat do?

My foreskin is only retractable when flaccid

Depression, prozac or go see a shrink
Year 5

But im not unhappy
I just dont care about living

Problaby compartments syndrome. Rest it, go to the doc if not better in 2 weeks. webmd.com/pain-management/guide/compartment-syndrome-causes-treatments

Phimosis, steroid cream which doesnt really help, probably circumcission

Psychiatry is not really my strong suit, you might have some sort of dissociative disorder, go see a shrink

if i piss after jacking off it burns - no chance of STwhatevs

Thanks medfag

Cool. I appreciate the effort

You can never be 100% sure of no STDS, unless you live in a bubble. Sounds a bit like a urinary infection though. Antibiotics, some penicillin will probably do. I'd have you checked for STDS too though...

How much debt are you in?
Approx how many hours do / did you study a day

Just how bad is vaping for you? Obviously it's not good to be putting anything in your body like that but will it fuck you up that bad?

Also how long does it take to build modafinil tollerance?

>year 5
So you're actually retarded

1K CPK in blood because of effort resulting into heartattack.

Hf guess what it is.

November last year, have a period of a few weeks with bright red blood in my shit. Goes away for a little while. February 2016 blood starts again, still bright red, sometimes like half my stool is red, sometimes it's just a mucous/blood coating. On and off until it mostly settles at around 80% of my shits have blood in. Sometimes I only shit blood. April 2016 starts being accompanied by stomach cramps.

Cramps and blood continue. Messing with my diet trying to find out what it is. Remove milk/lactose and stomach is better. Still bleeding outta my ass on and off.

Started low fodmap diet a few weeks ago, bloating and stomach trouble stops completely. Start having 1 bowel movement a day instead of my usual 3-5. Feelsgoodman.

Still got blood in my shit though.

What do?

chest pain in my left chest side (heart area)
stabbing pain in my left side when i move my left side, inhale and exhale, cough, sneeze or even laugh.
anemia
depression
smoker for 1 year now

i had this chest pain for almost a week now and can't figure weather it's caused by smoking or anemia. two weeks ago fainted in my backyard for like 10seconds. i'm pale as fuck also.
i have no time to get a doctors appointent. i'm kind of waiting for that pain to go away

I'm too afraid to go outside

I scratch a spot on my right arm and my chest hurts.

op is kil

Depression does not comprehend only feelings of sadness. Deep lack of motivation and energy, lack of pleasure from normally pleasurable activities (friends, hobbys, etc) are all symptoms of depression. Changes in sleeping and eating habits are organic changes also associated with depression (in case this rings a bell).

Go see a psychiatrist dude, you might only need counselling or you may improve greatly with meds.

also, can't figure weather it's heart or lungs

not really a Q&A, but ok: University in my country is free, study about 8 hrs a day, weekends are holy, so 40 hrs a week approx. Many of my fellow students study waaay more though.

No real data yet (as in long term), but nicotine is addictive and poisonous. Read about it:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4154203/
don't know much about modafinil, will read up on it

nigger everybody knows ciprofloxacin is better in all aspects than what you recommended

OP here, answering these two now, but it takes a couple of minutes reading the cases.

OP here, don't get this one, can you elaborate?

hollow back for quite some time.

had to sit a lot for my law exams and similar stuff.

now it's a pain to even live.

wat do?

>is a herman miller aeron worth the money?

i'm on antidepressants (paroxetine) for 1 year now. they really make you feel better, you stop thinking about suicide etc. but now i've noticed that they don't really work that well anymore, these thoughts are back,man.... it's very difficult to find the meds that work for you and side effects are so annoying. i couldn't stop yawning the first few days it's so annoying. NO SEX DRIVE whatsoever.
my psychiatrist just asks a few questions and prescribes me meds. i would like to see a psychologist. someone to talk to. but i don't think they really care

I think it's normal not to like living. That not necessarily may be depression tho. Life isn't easy and some people just never fit in, always feel like out of place. I always felt like I didn't belong here, but hey I'm 23 now. Still can't believe I made it so far

Sounds like ulcerative colitis, bleeding will eventually stop. If you're still concerned, go get a coloscopy.

You should go get an ECG, this sounds serious. If you haven't got time for the doctors now, you should reserve some time to die early. Your symptoms could be billions of things. Angina, coronary heart disease, arteosclerosis, pulmonary embolism, stretched muscle fiber, the list goes on....

Ohh...quit your babling. Depends on what "you" learned in meds school, you can't guess every "fucked up symptoms" there is. It's like saying a vet can be a dentist too because "meds fag".

Anciety, cognitive therapy by shrink

do you like your job medfag?

right, another medfag here. since we're diagnosing people online you have to be more precise about your conditions.

if you're a young male, you're probably looking at colitis ulcesora or Crohn's disease (hard to differentiate without colonoscopy)

can you associate the pain/cramps with episodes of high stress?

what you described points to many things: problems with esophagus (anemia), neuralgia from smoking and drinking alcohol, congenitive heart failure (paleness points at stenosis of the aortic valve)

too unspecific

well it's a disease that result into high CPK. In the case I know it resulted into a heartAttack that has been diagnosticed as seizures.
But after analysing the karyotype they found something unexpected, rare, and normally minor.

I helped you a lot there but it needed a experienced doctor to find out this case in hand. (sorry for bad engolando OP)

I sure hope you're not in the medical field.

Got a seasonal sinus infection. Anything to knock it out quick?

ikr! you can just check your symptoms online kek
there could be 1000 diseases given the symptoms or it could be absolutely nothing.

>can you associate the pain/cramps with episodes of high stress?

Yes. Very much so. Gastroenterologist thinks IBS is the cause of somach pain/cramps/bloating, hence the low fodmap diet. He seems to think internal hemmerhoids are causing the bleeding, so I'm booked in for a flexible sigmoidoscopy to check in a few weeks.

Already done blood test and stool sample to check for Crohns, ulcerative colitis, cancer, coeliac etc, all came back negative.

I get a sharp pain when I raise my right shoulder, stronger the more force I have to use, and it sometimes "pops" if I have any weight on it while doing this.

It's been this way for 2 months, not getting better.

The pain is about a 3-5 when I'm just moving normally, but when I like roll over in bed or something, it gets to about an 8.

I feel like it's made worse from sitting with my hand on my mouse for extended periods, as I'm likely unable to prevent. It's also made worse by sleeping on that shoulder, or with my arm under my own pillow, which I also can't prevent. I fell a few years ago and injured my rotator cuff, took 2 years to heal, but there was no noticable trauma this time.

I'm 41 years old.

Every biological event of my body is delayed by 3-4 years,what is this called?

also, describe the pain - how long does it last, do you feel it radiates anywhere and what makes it go away. you can be looking at an angina, and that would match the short term syncope (faint), but again, that would be stretching it.

what is your pulse on average and can you tell me your blood pressure?

I have a spot on my right arm just before the elbow joint and when scratched pain occurs in the middle of my rib cage right side. Spot was black, then brown is now skin color.
That do?

puberty

My lower back has this pain when I sit down, it's kind of sharp when I move, also hurts when I stand. I play a lot of computer games so that might be why. Will it be permanently like this? (The pain in lower back) or will it go away eventually over time with natural healing itself. Are there stretches I can do or something? Thanks

Made worse with exercise, or no noticable difference? Any triggers that bring it on reliably?

Exercise, exercise, exercise.
You might have spinal disc herniation, but you wont make it worse by moving around. Your muscles are probably weak, build up some strength by walking, jogging, going to the gym. Do stuff up until the point where it starts hurting, then stop 1 minute before.

I'm uncircumcised and my penis smells even after I shower. Like after 15 minutes the smell comes back. Is it natural?

i am, ciprofloxacin requires that you take one 500mg tablet once if we're talking about an uncomplicated urinary tract infection with e. coli.

prescribing furaginum, amoxycillin or any other b-laktams results in less compliance from the patients, ergo they simply immunise their bacteria to the drugs.

i really pity you if you don't agree with the simplest rules of antibiotic therapy. ;-)

Some naysal sprays are good, just use them cautiously. Try salt water nasal spray at first, less risk of "addiction"

well it's either IBS or diverticulosis (I am assuming you are a young man).

there's research hinting at the role of helicobacter pylori and bad usage of antibiotics in developing IBS, so they should crack the case soon enough, don't worry.

"However, this systematic review revealed
that single-dose therapy was significantly less effective in
eradicating initial bacteriuria than were longer durations of
treatment with trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, trimethoprim,
norfloxacin, CIPROFLOXACIN, ....."

cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/29/4/745.long

33 y/o and otherwise healthy with good diet and regular exercise.

Probably only had 3 courses of antibiotics in my lifetime. Not been tested for helicobacter pylori, but don't most people have the helicobacter pylori bacteria in them? It only causes problems in some people IIRC.

At the moment it is looking like lactose and fructans in onions and garlic are my enemies. Only time will tell I guess.

Legs itch, hurts behind my knees.
Loss of feeling in areas behind calves, part of sole of a foot, it's hard to stand for a long time.
Now I have sores on my shins and near ankles.

Excercice : abs and crunches.

very well, if you have a bit of money i'd also try and go to a clinic that specializes in tailoring a diet to your genetics, i've heard of people getting better by understanding what their body tolerates best (coincidentally it also tastes the best for them, from what I understood)

Sounds like synovitis. There are mainly two ways to go about it: Rest or medical intervention. This shit takes a loong time to heal, so you might want to go see a real doctor and get him to prescribe some steroid creme to ease to inflammation. Could also be something else e.g. artrosis, requiring a different treatment. depuysynthes.com/patients-and-caregivers/shoulder/synovitis.html

not found op?

2 days ago: intense lower stomach pain, need to shit every 30 min, just liquid poop. Lots of headaches aswell.
And now my throat hurts, but all else seems to be better.

Sounds fucked up.. Go see a real doctor, get a biopsy

sure, that's why you take 1 tablet every 12 hours for 3 to 5 days to be absolutely sure you've dealt with the UTI.

still goes to show that you can almost achieve the effects of long-term antibiotic therapy with macrolids and penicillins with ONE dose.

OP here, looking at this now

OP here, Systemic capillary leak syndrome?

Might be an infection. Probably fungus. Go to a pharmacy and get some anti-fungal cream, see if it helps.

alright guys, i am leaving OP to medfagging (although he really shouldn't be giving medical advice as a year 5, but I understand the fact that it helps him revise before finals)

remember that no online forum can substitute a visit to the doctors. although 80% of diagnosis comes from what you're telling us during a visit, some diseases require more than that

Sup Forumsrats? The fuck?

Nop
It's related with high CPK. And genetic disease

Want more hint?

Gastroenteritis, probably viral. If viral, no further treatment. Most important thing is to stay hydrated

Thanks man.

One more quick question: Which anti-inflamatory would be best to take long-term while this heals? I've responded well to naproxen in the past, but I'm worried too many will lead to heart problems down the line. (Literally every male in my family on both sides over 55 has had at least triple bypass.) My cholesterol and triglycerides, while not great, have consistently been better than everyone else in my family, though (I eat less carbs and have lower BMI).

Good point, but isnt the problem with macrolids, that they are sort of "last line"? They should only be used if all else fails?

Muscle dystrophia ?

Hope you're right, the doc I went to yesterday said to drink plenty, and preferably have some soup.

Thanks alot, Sup Forumsro

OP here, could not have said it better myself

Duchenne? Steinert?

OP here, second guess: isolated hyperCKemia?

>Problaby compartments syndrome.
Confirmed for no medical experience.

> Actual MD here

>probably circumcission
> not suggesting frenuloplasty or enquiring about potential frenulum breve
Yep. Absolutely no legitimate medical experience whatsoever.

> Actual MD here again

Not sure if it's something a med student can help with, it's probobly exercise related but I'll try anyway.

As a pianist, I sit a lot, on a chair without a back, so I'm not leaning on anything, and that probobly puts a lot of pressure on my back. Sometimes I sit for 11 hours a day. My back is killing me. The top-left and top-right sides of my back, to be exact. Can anything be done to help the pain? Cutting the amount of time I'm sitting, or changing the chair is not an option.

Nop nop nop.

eleventh chromosome

HUGE help from me. But it had to be expected

Sounds like you're doing a lot to lessen the risk factors. Best bet is not to take any systemic medication, seing the (probable) inflammation is local. Id go with the steroid-cream and maybe some painkillers. Also, it might be a possibility to get a local steroid injection to ease the inflammation around/in the joint.

>medical student
>knowing anything
Pick one

Appreciate the input. Can you help?

As I said it's because of efforts

Had the same problem with sacroiliac, footing+abs was the solution.

Have tinea versicolor. What do?

this:

i cough up black stuff that taste liek smoking

Mc Ardle?

Actual attending physician here. Not helping anyone. Hope you all die.

>2k16
>penicillin for male with UTI
kys

We got a winner! eleventh chromosome was way too op as hint.

kneeknap broken, had a surgery to screw it back together, though for some reason i can only move my leg via waist now if i move it backwards first

Yep, that's what I though.

Though playing 11 hours a day and studying for the rest of the day doesn't leave a lot of energy to exercise

male UTIs are always considered to be complicated faggot

What this guy said:

ketoconazole shampoo or creme. Effects are not that good though..

Ingrown finger nail.