A Genre Justice Warrior (GJW for short) is a mentally challenged person that...

A Genre Justice Warrior (GJW for short) is a mentally challenged person that, in his quest to force diversity and quality discussion on a certain website's musical community, only brings things down even further.

His rhetoric is based entirely on anti-rockist sentiment: all genres are equal and rock is no different. In his quest to achieve musical diversity he brings down rock music's historical achievements; the GJW refuses to accept the fact that rock music has been the dominant and most popular music genre in the past 70 years, that rock music has been the one to set the standards for all of modern music to come.
The GJW despises the umbrella label "electronic music", wanting people to use the niche subgenre names instead. He refuses to accept the fact that electronic music simply lacks the stylistic diversity of rock music, and that electronic music has NEVER been as impactful on popular music as rock music has been in the past half a century.
The GJW despises the album format, calling it a vile creation of the capitalist rockist society, and calls for all non-rock listening music fans to abandon the album format completely in favor of singles and expanded plays. He ignores the fact that by doing so, he destroys jazz threads since those won't be able to talk about anything but jazz bootlegs and 1920's dixie land singles, he annihilates classical generals since those won't be anything but composition generals. He implies that electronic music is a non-album genre, by treating all electronic music as rave music and disregarding the plethora of electronic music genres that do rely on the album format. The GJW hence ironically enough becomes a rockist himself, the only difference being that he forces a bleepist standard of music appreciation instead of a rock music one.

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/turnyqx
youtube.com/watch?v=7DBG_uDp8Qc
scaruffi.com/history/cpt61.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The GJW promotes diversity, but doesn't promote actual quality content: it is why you see multiple niche genre threads started by the GJW in which he spams genre charts and copypastas, but fails to do something, anything, of actual value, to ignite actual interesting discussion.

The GJW forces people to listen to "elite" music such as the avant-garde and various traditional world musics for the sake of diversity, but doesn't ask people to think of the music they are listening to. The end result of his actions is the /daily/ general: a community of people listening to traditional music whilst ignoring the socio-cultural context, a community of people listening to the avant-garde without applying a single bit of musical analysis to the process. A community of people treating music like fashion, a community of teenagers degrading historical and artistic artefacts to nothing more than memes. And yet, despite creating the monstrosity that is the /daily/ general, the GJW doesn't stop: not until the whole board is one huge poseur circlejerk shall the GJW lay down to rest.

The GJW lives in a world of his own, and refuses to listen to anyone that tries to change his ways, which is why it is pointless to argue him; it's for the best if people not reply to his threads but filter him and his pastas completely. But most important of all is that people don't fall pray to his autism.

This is probably the best thread I've seen in a long long time

Good shit OP !

#justteenagerproblems

Why so angery dangery

Good thesis.

Whoa... So this is the power of autism

Good post

Bloody hell

daily and the like are posers but i dont see anything wrong with listening to music with no context or musical training, theyre just fucking sounds man.

>0 uzbek music
Step it up

Look at this posts please. GJWs will mock you for having "basic" taste and laugh at you for having a different opinion as if you are a simple child stepping out of line. So smug and insecure. Truly the most pathetic "persons" to ever be. Disgusting inside and out.

How will we pronounce GJW? Gay-jee-wee? Jay-jee-wee?

>my chart
I like that you think about me so much user, its touching. Have a bump.

>Last 7 days I have been into Dusty Springfield, Ben Westbeech, Kid Koala, Skeewiff, The Beautiful South, Smoove, The Quantic Soul Orchestra, Georges Bizet, César Camargo Mariano, Massive Attack vs. Mad Professor, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Smoove & Turrell, Cookin' On 3 Burners, T Bird and the Breaks, The Housemartins, The Shamen, Deep Street Soul, Lack of Afro, Slynk and Tape Five.

last.fm/user/turnyqx

>not Jee Jay Double-You
Ya goofer

Never betray the groove

8/10

Good troll.

TL;DR

I used to put my faith in worship, but then my chance to get to heaven slipped
I used to worry about the future, but then I threw my caution to the wind
I had no reason to be care free, until I took a trip to the other side of town

You know I heard that boogie rhythm, I had no choice but to get down

>I've grown up to be like Turny
Music for this feel?

youtube.com/watch?v=7DBG_uDp8Qc

DOWN
DOWN
DOWN
DANCE!

Might I pose a counter thesis?
Pic related

If jungle and hardcore are so great, then why are they so dead?

scaruffi.com/history/cpt61.html

>4 Hero (2), the duo of Dego MacFarlane and Mark Mac, coined a sort of "armchair jungle", a groundbreaking marriage of fusion-jazz and ambient music that even employed lush strings and free-form electronics with the sci-fi concept album Parallel Universe (1994) and with the ambitious Two Pages (1998).

wtf I love 4hero now

>The GJW despises the umbrella label "electronic music", wanting people to use the niche subgenre names instead. He refuses to accept the fact that electronic music simply lacks the stylistic diversity of rock music, and that electronic music has NEVER been as impactful on popular music as rock music has been in the past half a century.
Are you seriously implying there's no difference between (for example) drum and bass, grime, and techno?

Its just a narrow minded rockfag pissed at people trying to add diversity and variety to Sup Forums

Are you seriously implying there's more difference between techno and tech-house than there is between prog rock and krautrock?

Obviously, Krautrock isn't even a genre.

can we please make this the big new anti-elitist meme, poseurcore has been stale for a while

Didn't read lol

put your trip back on sex
you huge faggot

I mean, you did a pretty good job of it to be sure, but am I supposed to be impressed that you can change the words in a copy pasta around to make It seem like it applies to something else?

No, I actually didn't say that at all.