ITT: Common critters in your area

ITT: Common critters in your area

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RrttQTGyVoQ?t=38s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

can't go 5 minutes without seeing one.

White tail deer are starting to come in to rut in my area. Which means there are a bunch of retarded, horny deer running around being dumb asses.

European Badger. Sadly see quite a few of them hit by cars as a result. I love them.

These little shits. My area used to get the green anoles before these guys, but it's been so long the brown anoles have forced adaptations to the green anoles to live in an arboreal niche. So, you'll never see them.

5 out of 10 snek is this one
others are eastern browns and tipans

raccoons are based tho

>tfw neighborhood cats keep killing the green ones and leaving the corpses everywhere

Fucking assholes.

Sigh. Why can't cats kill refugees.

Beat me to it kek

don't insult your future son-in-law like this

[spoiler]CITATION NEEDED[/spoiler]

Like to wipe them all out but unfortunately they're protected by law for some reason.

Some people like the noises they make. There's even radio stations dedicated to recordings of their grunting and hollering.

This. When I go out I always keep an eye on the ground to make sure I don't step on them.

can't go 5 minutes without seeing one.

Every morning this time of year I have 5 or 6 eating rotten ground apples in my yard. Then I have to play dodge a deer on my way to work. They eat on my landscaping and drive my dog crazy.
Trust me, cute innocent Bambi wears out her welcome by december. Don't even get me started on the super horny bucks either. They are as dumb as they are pretty.

These lil' things are all over the place.

Ants are pretty common. I dont know what species this is, but we have a lot of P. Barbatus colonies.

good thread idea OP, ty

these fucking pieces of shit

I can't unsee the teths in the tongue.

There's plenty of this.

these cunts are everywhere

These guys are everywhere here. Australian east water dragon

And these shitheads seem to think its hilarious to run across your tin roof at 3am

Wish we had lizards up here.
Most common animal is squirrels here.

I have never seen an squirrel.

How are they compared to rats?

Fluffy and out in the open

i'm almost convinced that these fuckers just deliberately jump in front of cars from how often i seem them mushed across the roads

At least it's cute. American possums are the most hideous creatures alive.

Bigger and more annoying

Aw, I used to love seeing the green guys on trips to Florida.

>It's a Jersey thing.

Common to see, even in families running through streets or neighborhoods.

>that one episode with the Forest ranger

I hate those faggots. My dogs have cornered at least 3 of the little shits. Not a great idea as they're meaner than hell.

found this guy under my favorite rock.

I see them in the canals by my house all the time

This just generates more questions.

Does it has legs?

What it's supposed to be?

What kind of person has a favorite rock, and why were you moving it?

Only animal I've ever hit. Which is crazy considering how many squirrels are in my area.

>people are still surprised that animals kill each other

canadian geese are truly the niggers of the sky

>people still surprised that outdoor cats are shitty pests

Still have the green ones all over the place. They get into my garage and shit everywhere. Bastards.

ree harder faggot

Nah, just saddened that my cute native lizards just can't compete with the multitudes of invasive cubans and cats.

it's >99% the sagrei

Holy mother of fuck are these things everywhere in Pennsylvania. If your senses aren't being assaulted by the reek of cows and their manure, it'll likely be raped by the local populace of fucking spraying skunks.

Though I don't live there anymore, I used to live in a neighborhood located by a stream in Florida, and you'd occasionally see alligators crossing the streets at the crack of dawn. Hope they're still doing okay.

Alligators everywhere, the lake next to my house had a bunch of baby ones but animal control moved them because they were getting too big. My pic.

Are they like that all the time? Where I live you'll see and smell alot of skunks only certain times of year. Think it has to do with mating seasons or something.

It gets particularly funky during their mating season (Feb-March) because the males will try to court females with their smell, but they're still rampent nearly the entirety of the rest of the year as well. Anecdotal, but I've acknowledged they get particularly bad during the summer time (lotta dead ones on the road around that time of the year as well).

Constantly running these fucks out of my yard. They get together in annoying little groups and yip all night.

>MFW it's illegal to kill those shit factories

Is that a motherfucking Dunsparce

I have no idea why but there's fucking dozens of these little shits around my house. I haven't gotten close enough to tell if they're albino or just white, but there's more of them than the damn gray ones

I have tons of green anoles where I live. I'm surprised and happy the brown anoles haven't invaded. I'm in Georgia.

are you really implying that isn't cute?

It's a skink you idiot. yes you can see the legs right there. Skinks have small legs and stay close to the ground.

Nice, these guys are so beautiful and chill.

I wish there were foxes nearby.

>forgot pic
all we have is fucking grey squirrels.

These fuckers always breaking my bird feeder

There is at least 2 possibly 3 foxes in the area around my house.

I used to work until 2am so would always see them on my way home.

Even heard two of them fighting outside my bedroom window.

Well, I'm from Germany...

These fucks constantly tearing up my yard

Eastern tent caterpillars. Always making nests, constantly have to remove them.

I have one of these guys I rescued from a petsmart I worked at.
It had escaped out of its enclosure when a coworker opened it up to start cleaning the cage and was lost for about 4 weeks. Went to rotate dogfood about 20 feet away from the reptiles and it was behind a bag of science diet. Thing was half dead and manager said to just throw it away since they wrote it out of system weeks ago. It drank some water off of my finger tips and ate a cricket that I ripped the legs off of so I bought some stuff for it and brought it home.

Shes really skiddish even though its been like 6 months and will bolt if I move too fast infront of the cage.

Quad quads 4 opossums, nice.

Squirrels have a lot of energy and are running around chasing each other and jumping through trees from branch to branch. They can run up and down trees incredibly fast.

Same bro, holes everywhere. Anybody know of humane ways of keeping them out of your yard?

We have 2 backyard possums which share food with the cat.

Why are they so cute? And why are they such little bastards that get in your trash?

My neighbourhood has had a sudden growth in population of these little stinkers. They're fucking everywhere. I have to be constantly on the alert walking at night so I don't risk getting sprayed.

Not only are they more common than pigeons, they don't even go *CAW CAW*

4uu4
4uu4

Contributing

Field mice
Hedgehogs
Small white herons
Crows
Hares (or really big rabbits, don't see them much around and can't tell the difference)
One time I saw an adult red fox

Gotta love Florida

>Some people like the noises they make
"Ook, OOK!,
Eek, EEK!!"

These little fuckers use my back garden like some kind of fox fight club.

I live in Ohio so
>deer
>deer
>deer

and of course all your classic birds like turkey vultures, crows, red tailed hawks, kestrels, and an assortment of songbirds. My favorite is the catbird

I've recently seen a lot of red foxes while driving home at night, so that's cool

Lots of raccoons and groundhogs, black grey squirrels, Fox squirrels, not much else in the woods other than the occasional Bigfoot passing through.

Can't forget the plethora of feral cats of course, they're always a fucking joy

I saw a little shrew bumbling along the sidewalk outside my front door last week. Awakened the inner child inside me and I tried to catch him, but he crawled under my fish pond and got away. I love shrews, they're cute

Stepped on one once, as a kid. Stun me in a vein in soft instep my foot. Not the worst pain I've ever felt, but damned close. Probably about equivalent to having a red hot poker shoved under the skin in your foot, and rammed halfway up your leg...

>unsuccessful taming of the shrew

Lucky enough to get Kaka where I live, which is a pretty rare bird. I'm in the North Island of NZ

the niggers of the insect world

Ever since I saw the guy, it made me wonder if there was any reason that shrews couldn't be bred and tamed like mice. I mean, obviously they're not related genetically, but other than their poisonous bite, is there any other reason this couldn't happen?

I'd pay top dollar for a tame "fancy" shrew

They'd be super high maintenance with a very short lifespan.
They need live food and lots of it, every single day and night. People that are into "cute fluffy mammal" don't do live food.

Coyotes. Hear the pups playing nearly every night. Watched an adolescent one hunt mice in the neighbors field

*stung...

Despite being wingless, they're technically a wasp. They have the most painful sting of any creature in North America, snakes, scorpions and shit included.

>niggers of the insect world
>It's blonde and european

Self hating euro detected.

In my backyard, all over my school, all over my workplace, at the beach, in the marina, I'm surprised that I don't see dead iguanas more often on the road

youtu.be/RrttQTGyVoQ?t=38s

>Blonde
Half-blacked is still blacked, motherfufamilia

"Suk aws diks!"

So many of these fuckers in Central Valley. My german shepherds killed, and been sprayed by, three skunks this year and now he smells like death, even after I deodorized him.

I've been seeing wild turkeys all over the place this year for some reason, always find them relaxing to watch.

When I lived in michigan these guys where everywhere.
These guys are kyoot.