How do you deal with a needy girlfriend / wife? my wife is traveling but constantly calling every chance she has...

how do you deal with a needy girlfriend / wife? my wife is traveling but constantly calling every chance she has. I cant do things because im always on the phone with her, if i ask for space it becomes an argument. do user have any similar experience? what do.. halp

what I would give to have someone care about me that much...

Oldfag out of lurking for a post. You need to set boundaries quickly. If you've made this behavior the status quo, you can't expect her to change.

You have let this go on too far already.
Plus you're married to her.
Ask for space and argue with her all you need to prove your point.
If she doesn't get it, go to couple counseling or some shit. But i don't see this getting any better soon.

in the beginning it was nice, then i realized even when we're apart we know each others whereabouts, state, etc. theres no mystery and i feel like i never miss her.

Dont answer phone
problem solved

Just wanna say i appreciate the oldfags who offer genuine advice on this site. thank you -a noob still learning

thats actually my way of doing it, but this is usually where arguments born.

You won't solve this without having arguments though...

>wife
theres your mistake. now youre fucked.
do you have kids?
very simply and noncondescendingly explain to her that you cant always be in contact with her.
if she doesnt understand, separate bc she has issues that are just gunna terrorize you.

stop answering the god damn phone.

Set boundaries but not too many. You'll miss that part of her if you change too much

have you ever known someone who is in constant fear of feeling alone. always on her phone and never just sit quietly doing their hobby or be in solitary peace

shes worried that youre cheating on her
which means that she likely has cheated on you, or intends to

i know she wont, but i do think shes trying to check my alibi to make sure im not hanging out with my ex or something. which i dont do.

I travel two weeks of the month OP and almost never communicate with the wife when I'm gone. Works very well.

You don't really have an option but to re-establish the boundaries. Call her first, early in the morning. Wish her a good day and tell her you'll be busy during the day so you'll speak in the evening. Ignore all her calls during the day and call her in the evening. Try and establish this as a routine. Twice a day is more than enough. If she bitches, ask her to respect that you have other things to do and whilst you're always happy to speak with her she needs to understand that twice a day is enough.

If she can't deal with this, grow a pair and slap the shit out of her.

this is not care user, this is unhealthy attachment rooted in psych issues

this

not necessarily. women arent as heinous as Sup Forums has lead you to believe

this only exacerbates the problem.

communication in a mild & understanding yet forceful manner is key.

Op here. thanks user for the good advice.

Say you gonna be bust and ill call you at such and such times

Your wife gets fucked by a black guy those entire two weeks I guarantee it

im actually guilty of never setting any boundaries. when we're in opposite time zone and we're both in opposite mental energy level thats where communication is breaking.

i actually wouldnt mind it. as long as theres no std involved.

>constantly calling every chance she has

can you be more specific because I can't really judge the situation right now

My ex was so clingy. I started getting more distant with her to force her out of clinginess for while I'm at university.
She broke up with me as I don't 'love' her anymore and it's too much for her to deal with.
She went and fucked some guy from her work for attention instead.

shes travelling for work, so she calls when boarding the plane, calls upon arrival, calls while trying to get a cab, calls in the cab, called upon arriving at the hotel, calls before she goes to bed (this should be the only call that day). next day, calls in the morning, call again during lunchtime, call in the afternoon, call before bed, and repeat. at this point i cant say i miss her when shes back. because ive talked to her loads as if she didnt even leave!

if she is not away for any long time and you can deal with it i would tell it to her when she is back

if you can't deal with it anymore right now i'd do what said

How does this attention make you feel OP? Experienced a similar thing myself all the attention felt kinda viscous and clammy. A lot of underlying issues but generally she just had a higher capacity of love for me than i had for myself.

Pretty much this. Tell her to lay off a little, if she has a problem with it try dating women instead of girls.

it makes me feel claustrophobic sometimes. theres a reason the 'hard to get' women are more intriguing to pursue than the always available one, i think thats just basic economy (supply of attention < demand , higher price/value). It just sucks that i never feel like i miss her because she always put herself out there for me which also make me feel bad.

Is that her?

your understanding of women >< girls sounded very narrow which makes me think you have a very limited experience

nope. shes a blonde.

Wouldnt wonder if "she" has a d

pic unrelated but ppl always told her she looked like blake lively

HAve you or her cheated before?

nope and nope. we're not the cheating kind. As a couple, we're not romantically or sexually challenged. however, understanding each other and communication have always been hard work.

#number?

I've been in this situation and know how you feel, but you have to understand this is way better than her not calling at all and fucking other dudes while shes away.
If you tell yourself that, you might be able to change your feelings so it wont make you fustrated to pick up the call

Shift the pitch up,
Phase the noise out,
Scan the record,
Throw the bitch out.

good point. thanks user