90% of World War 2 movies are set in the western front even though 90% of the action was on the Eastern Front

>90% of World War 2 movies are set in the western front even though 90% of the action was on the Eastern Front

Fucking why. The real war was on the eastern front, that was the actual conflict that determined the outcome of the war. Operation Overlord and the North Africa campaigns were basically just sideshows.

I would love a huge epic film about the great tank battles on the eastern european plain.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschwitz_bombing_debate
youtube.com/watch?v=iaB-_b3_YIw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia
youtu.be/_YRg2aqj58I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are there so few movies about the first Great War? What is this WWII meme?

You do know the soviets had a pretty big film industry and made war films right?

The reason the Eastern front isn't spotlit more is because the retard Soviets started lying about things, so their accounts can't be considered trustworthy. To top that egregious propaganda decision off, the Nazis downplayed everything about it so THEIR accounts can't be trusted. Basically, the only ones who were witness to the events and were there are both lying about how those events went down, whereas the censorship and editing from the Western front is virtually nonexistent in comparison.

tl;dr Reds and Krauts are shit sandwiches that place national propaganda over truth

Who runs Hollywood, again? Remind me, because I forgot.

>the Nazis downplayed everything about it

Why would they do that? Hitler in his convo with Mannerheim talks about destroying tens of thousands of tanks.

watch generation war. its pretty good

99% of 500+ Russian ww2 films are set on the Eastern front.

t. dumb american

He's right, you know. He also didn't imply that it was because of America but simply because there were multiple allied forces and civilians in the middle of the shit so it had more proper and verified accounts on the matter.

Because you only know American films about WW2.

They all fucking lie. But look at the world now . So much for america and its precious "allies".

Who was genocided on the Western front?
Who runs Hollywood?
And there you go~

He probably only knows about WWII from American films as well.

>americans didn't use any propaganda at all during WWII

Go be stupid somewhere else.

Death camps were only on the Eastern side of Germany. All the camps found on the western side of Germany were considered concentration camps.

I believe they're all concentration camps, but the ones on the Soviet half were said to have been extermination zones because of the massive amounts of bodies they found. There was said to be a typhus breakout and also that they're supply lines were bombed and made it impossible to send medicine to the camps.

>supply lines were bombed and made it impossible to send medicine to the camps.
It's not supported by any sources. Holocaust deniers are full of shit.

The Jews.

because we can't let anyone forget about the jews!

Nice projection pal

Is this photo of an allied bombing run on a german labour camp enough of a "source" for you? Fucking retard kys lel

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschwitz_bombing_debate

Stop believing in Sup Forums garbage.

they're made by americans who are very dumb

MUH HOLOCAUST

11 out of every 12 German soldiers killed were killed by Russians.
America has never wanted this highlighted in any film as it wants you to think America won the war.
The US did nothing about the holocaust and only took part in europe at the end when they realised Russia would liberate europe and get all the Nazi technology including nascent ICBM tech.

I liked Generation War until the moment then they show Polish partisans. And then I realise how bullshit it is.German series about WWII.
Extermination of jews barely mentioned. Wehrmacht did nothing wrong, all war crimes was carried out by SS. Soviet war crimes and rapes not mentioned at all. AK was as bad as nazis. Why people like it again?

blame yanks

>Russia would liberate europe
More like enslave. There are many WW2 episodes completely ignored by Hollywood.

IT'S ALMOST AS IF THE COUNTRY PRODUCING THE WAR FILMS FOUGHT EXCLUSIVELY ON THE WESTERN AND PACIFIC FRONTS OR SOMETHING

Really makes you think, huh?

youtube.com/watch?v=iaB-_b3_YIw

Soon.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia

What's the source of the photo?

How do you know it's not an army camp?

Napoleonic costumes and props cost more.

FUCKING AMERIKEKS

>90% of the action was on the Eastern Front
[citation not needed because this is obviously bullshit]
You conveniently left out the North African Campaign and the Pacific War.

exactly

it's like pottery
the people who actually lived the war die and the kids that grow up watching american flicks "learn" that USA saved Europe
truly magical

Because even the good WWI movies dont have much to do with the actual war. Gallipoli and paths of glory come to mind. Crossing over the trench was the end of one, and the other was about not going over the top at all.

>IT'S ALMOST AS IF THE COUNTRY PRODUCING THE WAR FILMS FOUGHT EXCLUSIVELY ON THE WESTERN AND PACIFIC FRONTS OR SOMETHING
This. Do people wonder why there arent more soviet movies about d day?

The entire cold war was spent downplaying the contributions of the other side until ultimately turning into "no one did anything.

>the kids that grow up watching american flicks "learn" that USA saved Europe
Do you guys think you would have been better off behind the iron curtain?

Your welcome, ingrates.

You do realize that the world was a good deal less interconnected in 1945, right? While undoubtedly movies and television have affected the collective consciousness, it is equally viable to say that people in 1945 lived in a very small, isolated world that often didn't stretch beyond the small towns in which they lived. Their opinions would be more molded by personal experience and political inclination than by the unbiased historical record, so the idea that people in 1945 who generally didn't travel more than 5 km from their home would have a more accurate depiction of how the war in Europe went down doesn't really hold water.

France was still in a state of massive disrepair in 1945 and if you consider the capacity to properly poll a large number of people in that era, that image really falls apart.

yeah or maybe movies made in a country are more often than not about people from that country

weird right

>Soviets started lying about things
Kek, you mean like the Allies generally did at the Nuremberg trials? Might wanna google Majdanek and check the death count. Claimed to be 1.5m, scientifically proven to be closer to 70k.

You have to take everything about WW2 with a grain of salt.

>the Nuremberg trials
They were at such a loss to define "warcrime" that they settled on the definition "Anything they did that we didn't also do is a war crime."

Almost like how immediately following the first world war, European considered the entry of the United States to be what won the war and today Europeans think the United States contributed absolutely nothing to it.

>90% of World War 2 movies are set in the western front even though 90% of the action was on the Eastern Front

Watch more Russian or German movies about WW2, they rarely ever cover the western front. Obviously the ones made by Americans and Brits focus on the Americans and Brits side of the war, i.e. the western front.

However I do find it a bit odd that there aren't more pacific theater stuff since that's where most Americans fought. I guess the German's just make for better villains.

>Fucking why.

I don't know, the Cold War, maybe? Think about who makes movies and the politics of the era. Neither the American nor the British film industry were about to start glorifying the Soviets after the war, nor for a long time thereafter.

> no mention of Russian war crimes
youtu.be/_YRg2aqj58I

M8 EVERYONE lied about everything.

I'm American and this triggers me

Why is there never any films about the fighting in North Africa?

>Russian war crimes
Thats called just another day under stallin.

>bloodshed and violence in Africa
>interesting or unique to today

Pick one

Patton. The Desert Fox. Sahara.

And im not even trying.

literally babbys first muh reel histry

s*ged

>hurr why isnt more kinos about russo-japanese war or russian civil war or winter war
Because Hollywood is in America and America doesn't give a shit about your peasant zerg rushes

Big Red One has a lot about it

truth is, USSR could have won on their own just fine

>russo-japanese war
Is that the one where a russian fleet attacked some fishing vessels and only managed to sink their own ship?

Because you watch Western movies, you dumb cunt. Guess what, most Japanese movies about WW2 take place in the Pacific! There's plenty of Sovietcore movies about the Great Patriotic War, go watch them.

Yes

they sank some of the fishing vessels and damaged their own ship, though one of the battleships fired over 5000 shells and didn't score a single hit

Nobody cares about japs

Because the cold war and the iron curtain.

Little in the west was known about the Eastern Front. Much of it even kept from western scholars until the collapse of the USSR.

And furthermore most WWII movies were made after the war, when the USSR was "the bad guys."

jesus...

Because then the Germans would have to be the Good guys

Not without our manufacturing power

Why do you think, OP? It's really not that hard to think why.

From that altitude and speed of the plane the bombs are going to hit just a little behind where the plane will be when they explode. Far beyond what's in the picture.