Why aren't these guys harder than they look like they should be

why aren't these guys harder than they look like they should be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=67dVpgUry7Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skycycle_(rock_band)
youtube.com/watch?v=ZeEcs_YCd84
youtube.com/watch?v=K3b6SGoN6dA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pop metal

because they're for plebs, dads, and shitters who cant into meal

because if they were harder than they looked like they should be, they wouldn't look half as hard as half of you seem to think they sound

Because they are Blu Oyster Cult for hipsters

ok i admit i worded it poorly.

Scoby Doo Chase Music

youtube.com/watch?v=67dVpgUry7Q

what about them looks hard? fucking mexican muertos bullshit with sccoby doo tier cronies

They look like the gimmicky band they are.

that sounds awesome! Does anyone know the name of the artist?

Ghost, or ghost B.C. for us American normies.

I think they dropped the B.C. last year or so in the US as well so they're just Ghost now.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skycycle_(rock_band)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZeEcs_YCd84

why is the band popular for someone who hasn't listened before?

They're just light enough to appeal to rock listeners outside of the metal world.

They're emulating the style of old metal quite wemm +the mask meme

*well

They sound commercially derivitive and really clean for people who haven't heard that type of music

Do you consider cookie monster growls and blast beats hard?

They make traditional sounding heavy metal you plebe, i bet you are like 12 and think thats supposed to look hard.
They make metal like how ozzy did

youtube.com/watch?v=K3b6SGoN6dA

They enjoy triggering metalheads

because then they would be "cliche"

Sabbath was way heavier than Ghost. They're more like early Blue Oyster Cult - metallic, but with catchy songwriting and riffs. Still I think Ghost represents a shift away from the insular phase of metal and the genre's reintroduction into mainstream culture that's been building for a while now. When bands like Black Sabbath started out not only was metal new, it was popular. It was just a heavier and darker form of psych and blues rock that could appeal to mainstream tastes. Now I feel like Ghost is rekindling that idea of metal as something for everyone to enjoy, but now that it's gotten more underground and the metal community seems to philosophically reject mainstream taste entirely, they face opposition.

there has always been pop metal, like nu metal and hair metal were pretty popular with normies.
The metal community isnt interested in pop metal and frown upon your faggotry good sir

Its obvious pop metal could still work, like those jap bitches, baby metal, but western pop music is too niggery and obsessed with rap and edm as of now.

>Ghost is rekindling that idea of metal as something for everyone to enjoy
oh, and that's why all they can do is late 70s metal 'revival', rrrright
it's as relevant as any other current 'revival' of long forgotten pop gimmicks

Nu metal was for angsty kids and hair metal hasn't been in style since Final Countdown though Steel Panther are bringing it back. Ghost are catchy enough to appeal to older peeps and people who are looking for something more melodic.
>The metal community isnt interested in pop metal and frown upon your faggotry good sir
*vapes in ur direction*
LA isn't the rest of the world by the way.

I enjoy them for what they are: a band with catchy tunes and a likeable front man in cool costumes.

>I enjoy them for what they are: a band with catchy tunes and a likeable front man in cool costumes
This. People who get overly-serious and hostile over "real [genre]" are pretentious faggots. Just enjoy what you enjoy.

>metal community seems to philosophically reject mainstream taste entirely,
i think that depends on the sub community of metal.

I go to a lot of metal shows with friends...went to a local metal festival (20k people) and a friend seriously got 3 comments on his ghost shirt per show. Its become a running joke for us, and now at least one of us wears a ghost shirt just so we can see how many people comment.

Edgy stuff fellas, edgy.

That's fucking amazing. We should shitpost this at Ghost's official outlets, it's gonna be a feature on the next EP

How hard is for you when people make stuff that they like instead of just stuff you like?

The ICP of metal.

If UCP, you should wipe it up before it starts to dry and stink up the place.

what's your point? their fans point out the obvious connection /influence too. Ghost is good and so was Blue Oyster Cult.

Zombie Island and Witch's Ghost had patrician soundtracks.

omg that was scary af when it came out

You know, that's not a bad thought. However, I'm still nominating slam as the ICP of metal.

this, but you gotta remember, Sup Forums is a pretentious, insecure 12 year old girl

>people make stuff that they like
so, they enjoy recycling some dead genre again and again? What an inspiration for everyone. And it's not about "leave alone these hard-working guys who enjoy doing what they do", it's not about music anymore, it's about insipidity of modern consumer culture, its intellectual bankruptcy. And what you tell me is this - not only it's okay to watch passively this cultural collapse, but also we should embolden its contributors.

Yes, exactly this.

Do you seriously see Ghost as the problem? People making music you consider uninspired isn't what's causing the problem you are talking about.

>Do you seriously see Ghost as the problem
No. I see anons as a problem, since we're supposed to discuss things here.
So, stupid safeguarding stances, like 'leave alone those good chaps', only contribute to the general idiocy.

Do people mosh at Ghost concerts? I'm gonna see them in a few months. I read somewhere that people are very serious about seeing them, sort of like swans.

Nobody said to leave them alone. You are entitled to your opinion and can whine about them all day long but that doesn't mean I can't think you're an edgy elitist faggot who thinks every musician must invent music anew with each song that he writes. If you seriously think our culture is collapsing just because people like things that have been done before, you need to commit sudoku ASAP.

When I saw them in Dresden last year I wasn't aware of any moshing. They were also quieter than the opening act.