Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S73ypK3As8I
youtube.com/watch?v=86PvgGy4LeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4O7jmmSYI9U
youtube.com/watch?v=2z0cKtSlHOU
youtube.com/watch?v=RIJwXgNdWbI
youtube.com/watch?v=2cvGoTWK9WY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why does Sup Forums pretend to hate this?

I don't know, I never ever understood the appeal

ya it sux

gave it a nice hard two-star dicking on rym

i think it's pretty great compared to the other grunge pioneer stuff. it has a very wet production style which appeals, although I get why people wouldn't like that.

I don't know, why would people pretend to like an accessible mainstream rock record? Why do you think they're pretending?

People like it because it's the quintessential alt rock album and it's super accessible. I always thought Pearl Jam was fucking boring though, they have some ok songs but they all sound the same.

Pearl Jam reminds me why I hate grunge, mainly because every fucking vocalist sounds like this:

YEAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOYEAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAH IM A WHITE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWOAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Make way for the much better grunge album

The patrician pearl jam record is Vitalogy

youtube.com/watch?v=S73ypK3As8I

youtube.com/watch?v=86PvgGy4LeQ

EVEN FLOOOOW

This album should be labeled as "post-glam metal".

good songwriting, fairly lame execution. they're just a hippie guns n roses. if they didn't get roped into grunge they probably would have been more interesting in retrospect

People don't pretend to like pleb albums though, they like it because they haven't heard anything better

that is not In Utero or Dirt my nigga

>i know you'll be a sun
>in somebody else's sky
>but why, why, why
>can't it be mine

These would also be acceptable choices

Because it's a solid rock album with no frills and many good songs.

No Code is often underrated, and I'm not even a PJ fan
youtube.com/watch?v=4O7jmmSYI9U

Prefer Uncle Anesthesia desu

This. No Code is Pearl Jam's best album by a longshot. The experimental stuff on Vitalogy is mostly there for a weirdness value, but No Code actually used some of those ideas usefully. It's definitely the most interesting thing the band has recorded.

Of course, most of their fans didn't (and still don't) respond to it very well, so most see it as a low point. It was actually a long time before I gave it a shot, since most people think it's a terrible record, but it really surprised me. It's too bad the band went further into the direction of generic alt-rock after No Code, because they probably could have kept getting more interesting.

I find that people really into Pearl Jam are the kind of people who pick the slightly less well known thing as their favourite to get pseudo-obscurity points unironically while being completely ignorant of anything that isn't in a magazine's top 50 list.

Pearl Jam are like a normie-contrarian Nirvana in that audience. Also the topshop crowd got into Eddie Vedder because he did the soundtrack to Into the Wild (the universal favourite film of every 20-something in the late 2000s and early 2010s).

Pearl Jam are alright, but I always thought they were a bit of a nothing band.

VS is such a comfy record desu

youtube.com/watch?v=2z0cKtSlHOU
youtube.com/watch?v=RIJwXgNdWbI
youtube.com/watch?v=2cvGoTWK9WY

Probably my favourite Pearl Jam album that I've heard.

In my experience the opposite is true. Pearl Jam are usually thought of as generic, commerical, dadrock trash, and most of their fans are people that usually listen to classic rock and other normie music. No one thinks that liking Peal Jam is getting them obscurity points, or that it's being contrarian. People usually just trash on them as being commercial and a band that Kurt Cobain liked to talk shit about.

And I say that as a Pearl Jam fan. Maybe that's different among younger people (who I guess might not be familiar with them?), but Peal Jam is usually seen as pretty lame. Look at most of this thread for evidence.

im literally named after a pj song but i cant feel strongly enough about them to really say im a fan or that i hate them. I mean the buttrock voice is kind of dumb but on that record its tolerable, plus stuff like oceans and release is at least different from a million nirvana ripoffs

I don't know the context of your observations, but Pearl Jam have the 'I'm cool and like music, I swear' tag in Dublin and are one of the bands that people 'who understand music' say they like. And by are, I mean were because I haven't heard anyone mention them in about 4 years because I got out of those circles.

I'm talking about the more 'normal' people here, too. The people who watch Big Bang Theory and compliment the DJ for playing Daft Punk.

haha

that was a good joke :^)

you're named after a kid who killed himself in school?

No, my name is Dirty Frank

Your parents named you Even Flow?

The only good song is "Master / Slave"

>Of course, most of their fans didn't (and still don't) respond to it very well, so most see it as a low point.
Most Pearl Jam fans who stuck around and has listened to other albums than Ten and Vs. usually rate No Code pretty high. Myself included, it's probably my favourite Pearl Jam album. Binaural and Vitalogy are really good too.

I find that this is true as well. It seems to be trendy to hate Pearl Jam but they have some pretty great and interesting albums after their intial grunge phase and they kick ass live.

>bugs
DELET

Your parents named you Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town?

Your parents named you Tremor Christ?

Your parents named you Black?

You're parents named you Alive?

Tremor Christ all day long muh nigga

Your parents named you Pilate?

Your parents named you Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me?