I feel like a complete asshole. I bought a 3 month old German Shepherd for my fiance about 3 weeks ago. Hes a cool guy...

I feel like a complete asshole. I bought a 3 month old German Shepherd for my fiance about 3 weeks ago. Hes a cool guy, but he fucking pisses all over the place.. Like a crazy high unusual amount; like he doesnt give a fuck. I know hes smart with how fast he catches on basic commands. But he always pisses in the apartment and lately hes been doing it in his crate along with shitting. I wake up in the middle of the night to his crying and discover shit ALL over his crate. I was infuriated. I yelled at him, I spanked him, I bathed him angrily and then washed his crate.
He kept peeing and I kept getting more and more fed up. I told my fiance if he doesnt shape up in a couple of weeks he's gone if hes just gonna be an asshole.

Turns out he has a fucking UTI and they found unusual larvae in his fecal sample. Probably the underlying cause of his uncontrollable urination. I feel like a complete dick. Ive been mean to him because he is sick and I didnt know. I ofcourse paid the bill and told my wife to get insurance for him, im such a dick

You gotta be firm with big dogs like a German Shepherd. Give him some treats and your unconditional love for the rest of his life. He'll forgive you

A dog doesn't understand a concept like "spanking", but if you send clear signals, it'll be alright.

tell your fiance he's cool n all but needs to stop pissin all over the place.

OP here

$314 fucking dollars for this visit.

> I bought a 3 month old German Shepherd for my fiance
> told my wife to get insurance for him,

You've got a really understanding wife OP.
Maybe you should drop the fiance.

Get a book about GSD's. I read a lot about mine and she was seriously easy to train once you understand what goes on in their head.

Easier to call her my wife. But shes my fiance

What book do you recommend?

buy him good food.
The shit they sell at petco in the fridges. They look like tubes of ground beef almost.

He has that. His primary is the costco grain free food that has the husky on the front of it. He has nothing but grain free, raw or high end treats as of right now.

We notice he is very food motivated. Not affection like our lab was

fake gun, you faggot

Its also not me, but a old used meme. Fucking newfag

stupidfag can't even come up with his own meme

Are you fucking autistic, get out

Kek. Seriously though get the fuck out you stupid bitch

no, i'm not fucking you

ha ha ha! blow me. :)

Hey, OP, it's alright. I'm currently studying Veterinary Science, and I only recently understood what exactly the signs of a UTI are. I actually did a test today on urinalysis. It is very common in young pups. Be aware that if is not treated soon enough it can cause kidney problems. Best of luck to you, user.

Hes being treated now. At the vet as I am typing

GSD's for Dummy's. Or Idiots.

The art of raising a puppy by the Monks of New Skete was very valuable also.

The Complete Idiot's guide to raising a GSD.

It is what it is. I'd feel bad too.

The good news is that dogs forgive easily. They live in the moment. He'll be your best buddy in no time. Also, at least now he knows that pissing and shitting everywhere is wrong.

Just a tip for the future, a dog going in their crate is a sign of something wrong. Some dogs aren't house broken, but ALL dogs fucking hate sitting in their filth. Going in the crate is normal to no dog and is a sign they need to be looked at.

He doesnt go in his crate on his own yet. He only goes in there when commanded or when I have his food in my hand (thats how I crate break him). He was peeing in there when the crate was shut and he would do it over night or inbetween times of me coming home from work.

sorry when I say "go" in the crate, I mean like piss/shit in the crate

This is probably the gayest thing I've ever read including trap threads.

Schwachkopf

Lol you fucking asshole. Well don't dwell on it. Get him help, maintain pack structure, and move on. He won't hold a grudge and it will do no good to spoil him. Side note, physical discipline is unnecessary. You can do what you need to do with a strong voice and the occasional dog whistle. Positive reinforcement for correct behavior is far more effective. He isn't bad because he pooped inside, he's just VERY good for pooping outside.

>Source I am a dog whisperer