Anyone who is musically eloquent enough and has a varied music taste can agree that they were the best metal band in...

Anyone who is musically eloquent enough and has a varied music taste can agree that they were the best metal band in history, right? I can only see try-hard "tr00 metal" poseurs disliking this band. They had by far the most talented and energetic frontman and without a doubt the best metal guitarist, not to mention an extremely tight and flawless drummer. Even their glam albums are flawlessly in context and beat an entire genre at their own game and they did that while in their teens. There isn't really much you can say against this band, they were extremely talented and determined musicians.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9x50hKL42i8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They aren't.

They were a very good glam/power metal band in the eighties, were briefly a decent groove metal band when they released Cowboys from Hell, and were a MEDIOCRE groove metal after that.

But the great southern trendkill is their best album by far, followed by power metal.

The Great Southern Trendkill starts strong and quickly devolves into second-rate groove that borders on nu-metal

this is true
Pantera is the GOAT dime is jesus

There is absolutely nothing nu-metal-esque on the great southern trendkill you musically illiterate moron. No nu-metal band had the guts to have Seth Putnam do backing screams. The album is relentless groove metal that borders on extreme metal.

I prefer Sabbath, but Pantera's up there. Dime's use of multi-tracking, while not revolutionary, are the reason they were head and shoulders above their contemporaries.

>there is absolutely nothing nu-metal-esque on the great southern trendkill

Eh Suicide note part 2 has the usual tropes minus a bass drop or two....

I know because I had to learn that song for a Dime Tribute in San Diego not too long ago.

The rest of my team wanted to play the song in D....so that is what we did...

Kill me.

>Eh Suicide note part 2 has the usual tropes minus a bass drop or two....

You are fucking retarded.

Agreed OP. Even their "mediocre" albums (Trendkill and Steel) are far better than 98% of the shit Sup Forums fawns over obsessively today.

But the whole album is tuned in Drop C#? Fuck D.
My favourite Pantera album though has to be Far Beyond Driven.

t. guy trying to justify wearing a Pantera shirt to some show

you got bad taste then

glam pantera is quite obviously the best

I unironically wear this shirt when I go out.

Best glamtera riff coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=9x50hKL42i8

W I L D

>trendkill
>mediocre

Triggered. Trendkill is such a ferocious and raw album. Definitely the most gutted-out and anguished screams ever put on a major label metal album. I also like how they dropped their tough guy act.

Trendkill and cowboys were fun but they did so much tough guy buttmetal with muh virtuoso leads, they kind of just blend in with the big 4 without being ballsy enough to stand alongside primus and mr.bungle

Pantera were never mainstream enough to actually sound like buttmetal. I'd call Load era Metallica buttmetal, or the countless post-grunge band during the latter half of the 90s but Pantera were far too aggressive and fucked up, especially Phil. They had their audience of very hardcore and loyal fans but nobody outside of that base cared about them. I believe they never had a radio hit.

They were fucking awesome. Fuck the haters and fuck the 20 yr old critics that have no fucking clue about Pantera when they were at the height of their success. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I would imagine half of the people in this thread were not even born when Cowboys came
out.

RE