Got to ask Sup Forums. Is weed addictive? Let's settle this once and for all

Got to ask Sup Forums. Is weed addictive? Let's settle this once and for all.

no

Yes it is. And it leads to things like crack, Meth, and blowjobs.

Not in the way hard drugs are.

But it's addictive in that it's relatively cheap, and consequence free. You start to realize that you can get high all the time, function fully at work and socially, and wake up the next morning feeling fine. So it becomes difficult to make an argument for not doing it.

no you can not get chemically dependent on THC/CBD. yes, you can become addicted to the feelings (either real or fake) of good times you have when smoking.

who fucking cares

everyone who smokes is gonna keep smoking

i am going to keep smoking

i dont care

why does everyone care so much

Exactly

/thread

OP Here, reason I'm asking is because while I don't think I'm addicted to it, I literally have no reason NOT to smoke every day. Not sure if I'm addicted or not. I like to smoke every time I have time to chill cause why not, it makes life better. Right?

It's not physically addictive but it is mentally addictive. Odds are ones you do it once you're gonna like and want to do it again then after a while you'll always want to be high.

I quit a couple days ago; shaking random drug tests by buying fake urine and my little brother to piss in a bottle for me just isn't worth the trouble.

if "weed" is your slang term for crack, then yes

As a bona fide stoner pothead motherfucker, I say yes 100% weed is pretty damn addictive. Physically it is not addictive but mentally it very much so is. Think of all the marijuana patients and potheads out there. We are all addicted cause we don't want to stop using it because of all the positives highly outweighing the negatives. It's not the kind of addiction you'd need to seek help for as long as you're not already a poor bum who spends his cash on a sack instead of a good meal. That being said, I'm a proud marijuana addict and I find my quality of life so much better than that of a "sober" person. Weed has become a second sober to me but a sober that makes me feel better about any situation I'm experiencing and enjoying anything enjoyable, even more so due to my cannabinoid receptors blinking around. I fucking LOVE ganja and know I'll continue to enjoy it til I die.

Yes just like anything else in life is.
we have people in this world who become infatuated and addicted to fucking cars and your going to sit here and tell me weed is not even the slightest bit addicting

TOPFUUCKINGKEK
adjective
adjective: addicting

(of a substance, thing, or activity) causing or likely to cause someone to become addicted to it.

You're addicted to Sup Forums.

That is much more dangerous than weed.

Anything that you get a tolerance for is physically addictive.

>pro tip; psychological addiction is harder to beat than physical too

your opinion is kinda bad

lets talk weed for a minute guys.

who is weed?

In the same boat bro. Hope we can figure it out.

Right? I wrote the post above you and find it so pompous and absurd when stoners(marijuana addicts) try to defend that. It's hilarious watching weedtubers saying it's not addictive as they rip through dabs all day. Riiiiiight you're totally not addicted... Even though I guarantee theyd be in a sour mood if they suddenly went dry and couldn't get any. Fuck what people think of my addiction. It's not hurting me and I'm not hurting you so don't get so but they if someone points it out. They're just too ignorant to know any better than to look down on a stoner. I pity the fools for not experiencing my miracle plant.

what do you want to talk about?

you're weird, smoke a bowl and chill

*Butthurt not but they

Wax pen all night, friendo. This is Sup Forums, you're weird too just for bring here buddy

Weed isn't physically addictive like hard drugs or alcohol. There are no physical withdrawal symptoms. In my opinion, the mental withdrawal symptoms and cravings are also significantly less than those of alcohol or hard drugs. I don't think smoking weed should be considered a "disease" like alcoholism or drug addiction. Smoking to much weed is purely lack of mental willpower to stop.

you're weird because you post weird stuff.

Yes. I can't stop. I mean i can stop if i REALLY want to. But i don't want to stop. It is harsh on my throat though I should take breaks...

how much are you smoking?

There is no physical dependence but there's a mental addiction

It'd be more weird if what I said wasn't all true and had nothing to do with the thread but what are you contributing, fellow weirdo?

I don't believe you. I think you're the typical low IQ troll.

this

does anyone know the science behind why weed isn't physically addictive like hard drugs or alcohol? it is a mind altering substance.. why doesn't the body become dependent after prolonged periods of use??

Fuck yeah dude

>isn't physically addictive

lol'd

anyone who says it isn't, either;
1. don't fit the personality to become addicted to things
2. is stupid

like fucking 5/10 teenagers get addicted to it. Numbers are a lot smaller for adults.

Any idiot who tells you it isn't addictive either hasn't read any research on it or is relying on their 'feelings' as empirical data.

HUR DUR COCAINE IS ADDICTIVE WEED ISNT

Will you suck dick for weed? probably not.
If you are addicted, will you have trouble sleeping? lose appetite? have trouble recalling and remembering things? Various cognitive trouble? Mood swings? Body sweats/chills?
YESSSSSSSSSS

for fuck sake...Willing to bet most people in this thread are just another bunch of misinformed Americans

you are the saddest little samefag

top kek, did a stoner bully you? that's usually the case.

If it doesn't negatively affect your life in any way then blaze it dude.

30 years ago t his month I decided to try weed. The longest I was straight was 2 months in 1991. I sm o me it every day. And I will never stop. Ever.

WRONG

it does, for a large percent of people who smoke it. Just becase that doesn't include you doesn't mean it isn't true.

>this guy got picked on by some rad bro

lol, some stoner bro shook you so hard

I'm sure they'd be in a sour mood but so would I if for example someone took my favorite headphones you can't call that a valid argument, especially for those weed tubers who use it medically because if you took away someone's meds who is prescribed xanax they'd be heavily pissed off because that is what levels them out, now sure GABAergic drugs and most 5-htp effecting drugs have physical addiction components to them there's also the fact that people like their habits so if you usually smoke a cigar on Sunday nights (and aren't addicted) if you don't you'll be annoyed that night and possibly throughout the part of the week if not the whole week because that's your habit and you're not going to do it another night because that would show dependence regardless of whether or not it is, it's merely a habit you choose to do rather than compulsively or due to a physical need, so for recreational users it's not necessarily due to addiction that they'd be bothered by the loss but due to the fact they're losing something they enjoy and likely have habits around doing

Funny. Even though I am a stoner and only keep stoners as my company.

once Daily?

Yeah, I bet you are.

I'm Hillary Clinton, you're a troll.

I had bullies at one time. I killed them. Their bodies were eaten by bugs and critters and t here is no trace of them now. I've looked.

Don't get why you think I'm trolling tbh if you read my first post. I'm a stoner who realizes weed is addictive. I'm guessing you're one of the ignorant stoners who believe addiction to weed is impossible when people are addicted to car fucking.

>SHOOK beta bitch confirmed

It all makes sense now. Some pothead mentally destroyed you back in the day and you STILL haven't recovered.

That's ownage, I hope you realize. This guy owns you.

prove it, you can't

I'm pretty dependent on it for my happiness, I'm broke as fuck right now and about to run out so fuck

>If you are addicted, will you have trouble sleeping? lose appetite? have trouble recalling and remembering things? Various cognitive trouble? Mood swings? Body sweats/chills?
YESSSSSSSSSS

I'm "addicted" and none of that happens to me. Why? Because I constantly stay lifted.

but its not like people get to the point where they are absolutely compelled to smoke after a decrease in the amount they are using.. there are no serious withdrawal symptoms... i guess maybe if you are a pussy. but weed withdrawal compared to alcohol or hard drug withdrawal? nigger please. i admit, maybe for some there might be minor physical, extreme side effects when it comes to suddenly quitting.. but to call it legitimately addictive? that might be a stretch

Dis a smart nigga. Nail meet head.

It's not inherently addictive, but any substance can be addictive to certain personalities

Anything that feels good can be addictive. It's not about the substance, it's how shitty and lonely your life is.

Well said, my stoner amigo.

This.

I agree and I'm using the term "addiction" synonymous with "habit" just because thats how society sees it. I love my habit because it puts me in a more enjoyable state if mind, therefore I will not stop.

what the fuck did you just actually say?

"there are withdrawal symptoms and its addictive"

"don't call it legitimately addictive"

the fuck does that even mean? Jesus christ

the question was is it addictive. The answer is yes. The question wasn't, how addictive is it compared to nicotine or alcohol. Like honestly what the fuck?

I know a lot of people think stoners are idiots but cmon

>like fucking 5/10 teenagers get addicted to it
Is that why the majority of teens haven't even smoked it once, let alone enough to be addicted

Your argument is the same as saying that if you are depressed or in an altered mood state after mdma it's because you're addicted. Which is based on emotions and not empirical data. Those things you mentioned aren't signs of addiction they're signs of withdrawal, the body got used to having a steady supply of thc and used it instead of other chemicals to do the same things so it has to replenish those due to not making as much as usual because it had no need to.

>the fuck does that even mean? Jesus christ

I seriously doubt have the ability to fully comprehend much.

no i dont think so

I went to Japan for a week.

I had no ill effects except for a return of some chronic pains.

I'm a California Med pot smoker, about 14g per day of 24% THE satiated mostly.

I have a very high tech job.

420 herb has been awesome and helpful.

Did you take notes on your arguments from a fucking middle schooler? There's NO WAY numerous studies can ever compare to some sweaty dork shouting "WRONG" on fuckin Sup Forums

I'm not trying to get a rise out of anyone, which is what trolling is by definition, so if you personally feel offended and butthurt about my own personal beliefs, you're just that much of a weaker minded person. Maybe I'm being trolled lmao tbh I feel like I've been taking a lot of bait so far

Why stop?

I function better on herb.

oh my actual fuck

we;re not talking about every teenage in the U.S. ffs. We're talking about those who smoke it.

i mean this literally isn't even worth responding to.

mentally yes.
chemically no.

You're a lucky cunt. It's winter half the year here so we only have shit tier stuff

It's way easier to quit weed then it is to quit drugs or alcohol if you do abuse them constantly. But I think a person can become addicted to weed if they lack willpower. People who actually become addicted to weed must have EXTREMELY addictive personalities though, since weed isn't really inherently addictive. God help those people if they ever get start abusing an actual addictive substance. They would probably be one of those who never recover. Stay away from heroin, pills and alcohol you weed addicts!!

numerous studies saying it isnt physically addictive? ha. ok.

I work 55 hours per week. It's not all luck. It's work in Silicon Fucking Valley.

But yeah, join NORML. Fight for our girls.

you're right, but wrong that it isn't 'inherently' addictive whatever the fuck thats supposed to mean

use google user

>ha. ok.
Great rebuttal, how will data ever compare

It is not addictive. However, you can become dependant on it.

You cannot help true addiction, which is a biological and beyond your control. But you can fix dependence issues by changing your lifestyle.

Didn't mean to say your whole life was great, just your access to substances. My fault, should have been more direct

kek

i just meant that it isn't a common characteristic of weed to be labeled as addictive. I'm speaking for how the majority views it though. not many people can say they've been addicted to weed even if they are dependent on weed even if they smoke all the time.. but there are tons of people who are openly addicts/alcoholics

>mfw every person in this thread

how about you ignore whatever the fuck I say and just go ask a fucking doctor who knows about it? Don't take my word for it.

I feel the same way OP, I think we wouldn't be asking ourselves this if we wern't honest with ourselves and realize the negatives that weed has brought into our lives. at least thats how it is for me. theres no reason i need to keep smoking

Weed is addictive in the same manner masturbation is addictive.

I need your opinion Sup Forums, I don't know if I'm addicted. Have been on so many drugs and antidepressants for my depression and they either make me numb or not work at all. The feeling of being high off weed makes me forget about my depression. Everything feels alright for a little while. When I'm high I'm actually interested in making art or listening to new music or play a video game. When I'm sober I don't even want to get up from bed, and that's why I smoke everyday and being dankrupt feels terrible.

exercise eat healthy get good sleep have hobbies problem solved.

exactly

what about when crippling depression hits?

I smoke it, for the most part, everyday. Its really easy for me to take a break every once in a while.

>smoke weed couple years ago
>loved it
>felt so amazing

>eventually it started making me feel uncomfortable
>would get lots of negative thoughts and would get super insecure
>eventually stopped

wish I could still enjoy it.
ill still smoke some from time to time but in low doses.
last time i smoked i got bunch of allergies so that sucked

feelsbadman

Weed is as addictive as cookies are to fat people

fuck I better quit then, I don't want to be a weed whore like a butter slut.

I eat cookies all the time but I'm not a fat fuck

Treat weed the same