Anime is losing its way? what was the last thing that you unironically enjoyed since Kill la Kill?

Anime is losing its way? what was the last thing that you unironically enjoyed since Kill la Kill?

Yes it is, except for KyoAni

Anime hasn't created a better girl since 2013

Flying Witch was good.
I also enjoyed New Game, but it's probably not that good objectively.
For winter season, Grimgar was good, and it was not the only one, I also enjoyed other anime at times, for example Erased and even Dimension W.

Nothing will every reach TTGL and KlK.

This year just Rakugo, Luluco and Mob.
This season is terrible, nothing above mediocre.

Servant x Service was pretty good

Luluco, Keijo and Flip Flappers are genuinely good.

Flying witch was comfy as fuck, and color me impressed I'm actually enjoying Regalia(Lolis and mechas) I can't point out exactly what I like about regalia, but I guess it just clicks despite it making little sense.

This year it's Flip Flappers.

There is so much good stuff from pre-y2k on my watchlist that i don't give a shit
Also klk is basically Imaishi jerking off over what gainax did before him, all the good bits were ripped from ttgl/eva whatever

KlK has little to to with previous Gainax works, the sources of ispiration were others.

Cross Ange for wild ride experience
now Flip Flappers and Keijo are pretty interesting in their own weird way

Space Dandy and Ping Pong and Ghibli.
Nothing else good in my opinion. This year and last were terrible.

>enjoying anything unironically
it's like you don't even WANT to feel superior to people on an anonymous imageboard, OP

Luluco

Overall tone and plot points of the show felt pretty similar to ttgl, moreso than eva. The clothing being a spacefaring race that advances humanity to sentience is a pretty common thing in scifi but the way it's handled is similar to those shows.
I agree it had other influences as well, but most of those are too common to point to one specific thing (the generic af story of her father, senketsu being an empathic armor (though it is more often the weapon i'll admit), the 'tournament' structure from every battle shounen ever etc) and those two stood out the most to me.

Nice rec thread faggot.

>Overall tone and plot points of the show felt pretty similar to ttgl
Not really, TTGL is more comedic at the beginning and more dramatic in the second half than KLK ever was.
I guess it has the same kind of structure with first a second half that mirrors each others and shocking revelations at 2/3 of the show.
>The clothing being a spacefaring race that advances humanity to sentience
That was ripped straight from 2001, there was even a visual reference.
As for the rest of the plot point you mentioned, many of them are from Mazinger (that was ispiration for Eva too) and Cutie Honey. Then there are other Nagai works like Devilman, Kekko Kamen and Shameless School, then Utena, Blazing Transfert Student and the usual Dezaki series.

To be hero

welcome to nhk watched it in 2 days, felt sad when it was over

Flip Flapping, since that's the last thing I watched today.

Point taken, but the original argument of KLK being derivative still stands.
On a side note, is Mazinger worth watching? I know it's influence is pretty widespread, but on its own is it a Beatles situation where it did a lot of things first or is it unique enough even considering its derivates? Because i have the feeling it's the former, in which case i just don't want to watch it

Sound Eupho. Also, I didn't even like Kill La Kill.

Ange Vierge.

BNHA> Overrated Kill La Kill.

Gainax has been about otakus taking bits from their favorites and putting them together since the beginning. It doesn't get more derivative than Gunbuster.
For Go Nagai, you should always read the manga. The anime adaptions are always watered down and neutered compared to the originals.

>On a side note, is Mazinger worth watching?
Only with crabstick subs.

Im liking God eater so far

But which one was better?

Kill la Kill was fine. Nothing amazing. The one "recent" anime I enjoyed was Heavy Object, a series I only picked up because of curiosity of the extremely hot Froleytia (or however the fuck you spell her name) but ended up absolutely loving it because of completely different reasons. Those reasons were the absolutely based bro MCs, Qwenthur and Hevia. A truly awesome bromance and their crazy tactics and guts.I remember one episode that took place at a dam and the two of them come with a plan over radio and say the exact same thing to each other and I pumped my fists in "Fuck Yeah!" moment. I highly recommend checking it out.

I thought KLK saved animu though?

Putting pieces together is fine imo, if the way you put them together works in an original way. I don't really have an example in anime because, well, i'm still going through the great older stuff.
I'll have a go at the Mazinger manga, thanks.

Kill la Kill wasn't that good.

stop this meme

Terror In Resonance was some great shit

you can say about KLK what you want but you have to admit, the OST is fucking amazing
sawano is just a great composer

>rakugo

Very interestinfg 3 episodes but I got bored

It's a shame that they only seemed to be able to use one song in it. I don't need to hear "When my Body is Dry" every 10 seconds.

>tfw Trigger is still making that witch trash
When is their next big show? Will they ever top KLK?

Sup Forums has been saying anime is now shit ever since Sup Forums was created.

Therefore, anime is not "losing its way" because it has always been shit.

But I didn't enjoy Shit la shit.

Why would I use Kill la Kill as a benchmark for things I enjoyed?

This is a man I can get behind. You running for president?

Shokugeki no soma. But the wife and I are kind of foodies.

natsume yuujinchou.

GinTama. C'mon, shonen jump parody? Third wall is nowhere crazy antics. Fooking brilliant.

>hey thats a cool track
>suddenly awful rap part

just no

>Will they ever top KLK?
Only in our dreams, user
The just lost their way

This dude again. Punch Line. very very good.

This.

>doesn't agree with my popular opinion
>obviously retarded
Go back to sucking all the cocks plz

Sabagebu

Anime ratings are significantly down from 2005-2008 and 2011-2014.

>Not enjoying kill la kill ironically

Relife was pretty good

It's interesting if you skip the rakugo parts.

One Punch Man

>sucking all the cocks
How did you know user?

Rakugo is just fujoshi bait. Boring as fuck and horrid characters.

Anyways, I'll go with NGNL for pure fun. Was the first time in my life I'd ever went back and rewatched an episode/movie right after finishing it.

Do manga adaption count?

The twist in the manga being they're both in the Re:Life program was unexpected

>jojo part 4

Because you're a pandering moron

Test

one punch man I mean I really liked it but I know it's not everyone's cup of ramen.

I didn't like Kill La Kill
My favorite recent anime has to be Mob Psycho 100; stellar adaptation and stand alone anime

well im a big dbz fan scene the time I torrented from /t/ the whole series of dragon ball and Z, Super is honestly the only large af series I have been excited for and actually watch enjoyably and hype for.

Still has that plot going for it un-like a lot of ecchi anime, and DBS tho shitty art in some parts, some of the new fights actually show some cool shit.

Woah there my enjoyment of penis has nothing to do with my opinion of Kill la Kill.

>what was the last thing that you unironically enjoyed since Kill la Kill?
nothing

Overlord was really good

why does IRC try so hard to get Sup Forums and Sup Forums to hate KLK?

>Food Wars!
>Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
>ToLoveRu Darkness 2nd
>KonoSuba
>High School DxD BorN
>One Punch Man
>Nisekoi
>Absolute Duo
>Your Lie in April
>Mushishi Zoku Shou/ 2nd season
>No Game No Life
>Space Dandy
>Psycho-Pass 2
>Sakura Trick

These are just the ones I've seen since KLK. There's plenty more I haven't watched from 2013+, so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about son...

Full manga wasn't even out though

Heavy Object. Before that it was probably NNB Repeat and Ninja Slayer.

>not so subtle rec thread
I'll humor you, OP: Flip Flappers, ConRevo and Ping Pong. There were some other great shows, but those are the ones I remember enjoying the most.

The light novel is up to date, and plus we's talkin about animu not mangoes

I haven't enjoyed anything nearly as much, but Rolling Girls has probably been my second favorite thing to air since then, with Shimoneta a somewhat distant third.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure season 4(Diamond is Unbreakable) is good shit too, plus One Punch Man was cool.

did they fuck the white-haired commander at the end?god damn she was juicy

Thunderbolt fantasy

Trigun, Baccano and black lagoon are 2 Chinese cartoons that blow those out of the water and thats just off the top of my heaf

Swing Out Sisters, Aki Sora, Boku no Pico, and Mankitsu Happening are all masterpieces.

FLIP
L
A
P
P
E
R
S

Space Patrol Luluco

>watching anime in 2k16

>playing vidya after the 6th gen and handheld 7th gen
>watching cartoons after Chowder ended
>watching TV after Lost ended or when BBT aired

Right, because gross viewership=quality, as proven by how much self-evidently better of a movie The Force Awakens is than Citizen Kane.

>Watching T.V.
There is literally nothing worse.

>watching Lost after season 3 or so

jojo bizarre adventure

Why is kill la kill so overrated?
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.
Dropped it

whats IRC

Kill la Kill is also known as the second coming of Christ you know

t. IRC

I didn't enjoy KLK

I enjoyed this though

>what was the last thing that you unironically enjoyed
I get it, you added "since Kill la Kill" even though it has basically no impact on the sentence, just to encourage shitposting! Great thread, OP.

Mob psycho 100 is fantastic imo. Animation is really good in the fight scenes, and the story really makes you feel for the characters. I like it more than opm.

Steins; Gate

Joke's on you mate
i don't know what the fuck is that

precure

i fucking love that stuff however

what does IRC mean?

Tonari no Seki-Kun