How competitive would a quebecois national hockey team be? And how weakened would canadian team get?

How competitive would a quebecois national hockey team be? And how weakened would canadian team get?

The canadian team would destroy us, there's no doubt. We barely have any relevant players nowadays. Unfortunately, it's stopped being the 90's.

We'd be in a tight race with the rest of Canada and Yuros. Americans are getting quite strong as well so... As a Montrealer, I won't brag

Quebec would be Finland tier and the rest of Canada would still be the best international team

Finland tier or Slovakia tier?

the only frenchie on the 2014 olympic team under 30 was marc-edouard vlasic, so, not great

maybe in the 60s it woulda been good

They would be under finland and above czech in terms of quality

1. Canada
2a. Russia
2b. Sweden
2c. USA
5. Finland
6. Quebec
7. Czech
8. Slovakia
9. Switzerland
10. Irrelevent countries.

The current world cup roster has Crawford, Vlasic and Bergeron born in Quebec. I'll also give them Giroux because he's a dirty frog.

Canada would be barely affected by losing those players and would stay the best in the world. Quebec would be Slovakia/Switzerland tier.

>russia above sweden
>russia above america

No more QMJHL elite goalies wtf happened

The technique spread and became standard

>1. Canada
>2a. Russia
>2b. Sweden
>2c. USA
>5. Finland

3 countries tied for 2nd spot

LOOOL

In that case

1. Ontario
2.Russia
3. USA
4. Rest of Canada
5. Sweden.
6. Finland
7.Switzerland
8. Slovakia

Russia fucking sucks though. Literally no defence

But Russia failed embarassingly in your own soil at Olympics

I get how developing good players has changed. It used to be farm kids who played hockey all winter long who would make it. Now it's all about how rich your parents are and how many practices and camps they can send you to. Some of these GTHL kids have parents paying 15k a year. GTHL is also producing the most #1 draft picks.

Quebec never adapted to this. What I don't get was why Saskatchewan didn't drop off too.

Bergeron is the best in the worl at faceoffs. It's the only reason he's on the team. He often takes the faceoff and goes for a change if he wins. Crosby and Toews are pretty too though.

Crawford is anglo.
Vlasic is a left shooting defenceman, they could use Hamhuis or Subban instead.

Quebec would be literally Czech tier. Average 80% of the time, shit 10% of the time and gold medal 10% of the time, depending on the generations.

Actual generation is shit but 70% of the top 100 players are from Quebec.

russian hokkei is going to be going into a sharp decline soon. the economic issues they are having is going to mean less money for hokkei programs and parents won't be able to afford it. the khl also seems to be watering down the quality of russian hokkei

>i rate hamhuis

our soccer team would be better

>yfw quebec qualifies to the world cup

>Alaska is the best US state for hockey
>per capita
made me kek

>literally snowniggers: the "sport"

a s p
s
p

>Alaska
genuinely fuck off