Band of Brothers

Is this the most comfy ww2 series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cEApAfpW8AI
caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&d1=4538&d2=4537&s1=42234&s2=42215&i=1&l=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Pacific was better by miles

>yfw reading about how they had to tone down Speirs charge because it was too unbelievable for TV

was every death supposed to be hillarious

Correct.

Bait.

Nixon was based AF

I would disagree, even if the Pacific was very good.

Band of Brothers is great since it follows a group of soldiers though WW2 from Training to end of the war. The Pacific really only focused on the "War is hell" theme and even though it only really focused on three people, it lacked the focus that BoB has.

Speirs was a fucking legend

this

>band of brothers

because there are no female soldiers right? Fucking scum

OPINIONS!

Most comfy
>BoB
Most emotional
>Pacific
Best action
>Pacific
Brutality of war
>BoB
Insanity of war
>Pacific
Best characters
>BoB
Best team player
>BoB: Lipton
Biggest badass
>BoB: Spiers
Best overall character
>Pacific: Sledgehammer

It's funny, I though I'd hate Sledge when he was first introduced, but his arc was easily the most engaging and heartwrenching to me.

The World at War.
Band of Brothers.

I cannot stress how double marathoning WaW and BoB makes the single best filmic experience known to man.
If you have any ounce of wisdom in you please watch World at war before your next BoB marathon YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

>Bob
>Pacific
>Generation Kill
HBO should do a Vietnam show.

Generation War > all that shit

This scene is literally Kino

youtube.com/watch?v=cEApAfpW8AI

Most emotional
>pacific

debatable desu

Even if there were women, you would still refer to them as brothers. Like the Wayans siblings are collectively known as the Wayans Bros. even though one of them is a woman.

Gotta love this false flagging from /pol9k/

BASED

I want World War One or one from the Eastern Front.

I'd love a third series where it's focused on the French resistance fighters. Or a group of British Tank Jockeys in North Africa against Rommel. Hell, or even Russians.

BAND OF BROTHERS is best on the OOP JP Blu-ray disc release.
caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&d1=4538&d2=4537&s1=42234&s2=42215&i=1&l=1

Kim was never included in the brothers company. She had a part on In Living Color and bit parts in a few movies but was never part of their production team or affiliated with their family's company.

euro poors will still claim that America played a small role in the war.
we literally sent one man armys into france why did we even bother using tanks.

>french resistance fighters
oh yeah, having a show about bunch of frogs who do irrelevant shit and only reveal themselves AFTER allies landed in Normandy. Sounds exciting

Why would they change it? I don't understand stuff like this, don't they just send the exact same master video file and let the distributor release it in japan? the difference is minute anyway

Could have it similar to The Saboteur?
Dude, there's DNR and Edge Enhancement in the USA and UK releases. Needs a 4K remaster anyway.
Also want From the Earth to the Moon on Blu-ray too.

>there's DNR and Edge Enhancement

all I see from those screens are grain differences so who cares

okay I take that back, definitely some detail loss there

just had this perfect vision of my UK set that it was the best ever, and nobody is gonna upload the JP version

Cause it's Out of Print and expensive as fuck. Maybe not if you go directly to Japan and get it in a second-hand shop.

Did they reds shoot them?

BoB is highly romanticized and they were clearly careful in how they tiptoe around giving Germans any sense of identity while ignoring the failings of the allies with the exception of some clearly incompetent officers and some very short moments of moral ambiguity for contrast to make the good men seem better so yeah it's the comfiest because it does everything in its power to show the war that Americans want to see.

Changi is comfier but also cornier. But it has musical numbers and Australians so it wins comfort wise.

Changi is too sad. Reminds me of my pop.

WAC/WAVES miniseries about all the lesbians in WW2 when

No.

Kill yourself

Why did she fuck the doctor?

a lil' context here for anyone who hasn't seen GW.

They're all captured deserters that have been round up and forced into hit squads that hunted jews, that's why he was treating them like shit and hitting them.

Are you one of the producers of that generic German TV drama? Because that's the only explanation why someone would praise it that much.

This gif is actually World of Tanks in a nutshell, right down to Arty freaking out that no one is killing the Scout in their base.

>there will be historical revisionists pushing this in your lifetime
we truly live in interesting times

>best overall character not luz

wat?

This

>comfy
Fuck no, I was shitting my pants watching some scenes, especially that episode where they get bombarded in the woods.

It's great.

Luz is good as a tone setter since when he gets serious you know shit is real but overall I wouldn't call him the best. He's good for funnies but his character doesn't bring a whole lot else to the table.

>biggest badass
>Spiers
lmao the retard that got his whole squad killed? or the one that killed unarmed pows?

What was he pointing at?

Motherfucker it's far from comfy. It's emotionally devastating

This. Saying that it's comfy is pretty edgy.

it's comfy when you re-watch it during winter time

same with the lord of the rings

to check those quads

>blobs are so irrelevant that they still make movies and shows about a war that the russians have won

lmao keep shooting yourselves, losers.

It has its really hard hitting moments but the fact that the entire theme of the show is brotherhood and camaraderie it can get pretty damn comfy

The constant shaky cam is annoying but it's otherwise awesome and really good.

Bait.

Remember boys, give me 3 days and 3 nights of hard fighting, and you will be relieved

Why are Europeans so pathetic?

Dubs checked.

How can anything related to war be "comfy"?

They're making a female Magnificent 7 about a group of women who buy guns to defend their village because their men are too weak and cowardly.
So a Band of Sisters is LITERALLY a matter of time.

god no please don't let this happen

Damien Lewis was so good in this, on top of homeland I'm now 100% homo for him

(You)

Stinks like arsehole. Fuck you Sup Forums! Go back to your Fargo bullshit.

how did they tone it down?

>taking prisoners
look at this cuck

>cuck, the show

He was known for being a ruthless killer, shooting unarmed prisoners for "shock value". People high up than him hated that, but they were forced to keep him in command because he was such a reliable commander, and they didn't want to lose that aspect of him.

I know that, but how was his charge toned down from what happened in real life

they didn't include that part in the story, that's what changed. I don't see anything else left out, sorry.

It's never actually been confirmed if the prisoners thing is true, the most gnarly evil shit he did that was confirmed for sure is that he shot a dude who was drunk on duty for refusing to follow orders.

Also he got shot in the ass. Wish they would have included that.

hate to bring video games to this but

i used to think this was really unrealistic and weird but having spent some time in military simulation games, it makes a lot more sense now. there's constantly moments when you come across an enemy with a somewhat similar uniform and you don't immediately open fire because you just have a hard time believing that an enemy could be in a place like that

most german soldiers probably thought he was on their side at first because it's just so weird to run out like that

>i understand confusion and human nature when under stress because of video games

They literally spell out in the narration why the soldiers didn't open fire, you don't need to have 500 hours in Call of Duty to realize that shit gets crazy out there and sometimes its hard to tell who is who.

ye but still

Eugene Sledge's part was probably the best thing out of both series.

>remember boys, flies spread disease... So keep yours closed!