what the fuck is wrong with my hamburgers

Other urls found in this thread:

cooking.stackexchange.com/a/10093
seriouseats.com/2013/06/the-food-lab-7-old-wives-tales-about-cooking-steak.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botulism
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No biggie op.

genital warts

If you eat that, you will literally die.

Nothing

Did you preheat your pan at all? It looks like you slowly melted the burgers at some low temp.

This.

They have PTSD

They're processed and frozen.

those are inter dimensional portals which will give you access to the vast multi-verse

Op what the fuck?

You fed them after midnight.

looks like those hamburgers were made from an aspie's brain.
lick one and post pics.

They're either over cooked or they've gone bad. One way to find out, OP.

Low-grade meat cut with lots of fillers will do that.

It looks like nurgle rubbed his nut sack on these paties, i wouldnt eat one of them if you paid me in slaves.

Have you tryed turning the off and on again?

I second this notion.

We will now refer to Op as patient 0

What the fuck are your burgers like 95% fat or something? Jesus Christ OP, buy better meat.

actually thats just the excess protein getting squeezed out from the cooking

Did you thaw them out?

>kek

Greetings traveler!

My name is Finn (not, birth name but name I adopted) and I am interested in you joining my cause. We are called Edge Lord Supreme. We surf the web and in real life coffee shops expressing are dislike for women in relationships, religion, and also silly anime. I hope to see you in our ranks brother!

It looks like they were one of those "buy 12+ hamburger patties at a time for $5" frozen at walmart things, where the 2nd ingredient is beef heart or beef liver.

you're retarded, is what the fuck is wrong with your hamburgers

Don't listen to these fags, OP. They just want to fuck with you. Those hamburgers are good as long as you cook them but thay goes for any meat. I say, dig in. Enjoy it.

Look like typical, processed beef scrap, frozen patties like they sell at Kroger's, Aldi's, and Walmart.

Nothing to see here. They're fine. Not great cuts of meat but certainly edible. Ate the same thing tonight for dinner.

They're filled with industrial shit, buy them at a butcher's next time.

Culinary fag here.

It's turkey burgers op

fucking triggered my trypophobia

Don't cover them when you cook them next time.

They got acne.

>literally

It's fat, nigger.

well he's not going to figuratively die

Are you a chick? Only girls can fuck up food that bad

1. they're obviously frozen. don't buy frozen proteins.
2. you're cooking them in a pan. what the fuck? use a grill. or at least use a proper griddle.
3. it looks like you didn't let the meat thaw and you put them in the pan (what the fuck?) while the burner was off and let them slowly heat up. what you're seeing is the blood and other non-muscle and fat tissue beginning to boil instead of being seared. if you must buy frozen meat, let it thaw before cooking. for almost every kind of beef worth eating you should get the cooking surface HOT and then put the beef on it. let the outside sear and the inside cook until the blood is flowing freely. remove from the heat and let it rest before eating. this applies to burgers as well as steaks.

how did you manage to make so many mistakes OP?

It's still superfluous. That's literally how I feel about it.

Kek

/thread

What he said.

LOL.

>being this samefag

What's wrong is you bought shitty meat and aren't even cooking them properly. I hope you get violently ill.

>Satan confirms, he knows his cooking

I cook shit on my pan all the time. If you live in an apt you can't always have a grill.

i've cooked burgers, steaks, etc. in a pan / cast iron.

What would you recommend i cook burgers in if not a pan? (Not OP)

/thread

I'm definitely not two other people, at least that I know of.

THAW SHIT OUT FIRST

That's a lot of responses to copy pasta. At least it isn't a cuck thread..

I thaw it all the time, i don't have an issue cooking it on the pan. That's why i'm asking - should i be cooking it differently, if i don't have a grill? I don't have the issue OP is having, but the guy is saying "don't cook on a pan", which is why i'm asking what's wrong with it, i do it all the time.

is your pan covered in a layer of slime?

/thread

AIDS

Human flesh never cooks well on stovetops. You're better off roasting it.

What a fucking dumb comment.

You can buy a pan that functions as a grill you fucking idiot.

Okay, but does it serve any purpose that makes it better than just cooking in a pan, cause i don't have an issue cooking in a pan?

I think I just became vegetarian guys.

Yes, it grills your food instead of drowning it in oil.

Cheffag

You didn't thaw them, you put them in a cold pan and turned it on, you haven't flipped them.

>you're looking at coagulated protein bubbles holding in the fat that's trying to escape.
Good job. Enjoy your sad meal

>they're obviously frozen. don't buy frozen proteins.

this doesn't matter too much for hamburger meat, true for steak. Freezing only affects texture.

> you're cooking them in a pan. what the fuck? use a grill. or at least use a proper griddle.

are you serious nigger, this is totally fine. Grill vs pan barely matters other than not getting smoky taste

> it looks like you didn't let the meat thaw

waste of time, no noticable affect

> you put them in the pan (what the fuck?) while the burner was off and let them slowly heat up

lmao how can you tell this, seriously retarded if true.

>what you're seeing is the blood and other non-muscle and fat tissue beginning to boil instead of being seared.

no it's just steam getting in protein. Probably low quality meat.

>if you must buy frozen meat, let it thaw before cooking.

wrong, it's a waste of time and has no noticible affect. Like straight up it takes hours any real temperature change to reach the inside if you are waiting for it to thaw and the temperature distribution is not that different initially. The inside will heat up fine if you broil it, pans are hot af.

>for almost every kind of beef worth eating you should get the cooking surface HOT and then put the beef on it. let the outside sear and the inside cook until the blood is flowing freely.

yeah true, make sure you flip often for even heat distribution.

>remove from the heat and let it rest before eating. this applies to burgers as well as steaks.

hella true

i guess i don't use that much oil, but i'll look into this. the issue is i have a shitty electric stove too, but maybe that doesn't matter too much

Okay, I suppose I should caveat my dislike for using a pan. Cast iron is largely okay. A skillet is better than a typical saute pan. But again, make sure it is HOT. Like 400 degrees.

I should add it only matters for steak if it's been frozen for a looooong time

I'm a chef.

You literally have no idea what the fuck you're talking about

you should retire, or read on food and cooking.

I have a skillet, i don't have a cast iron. I might look into buying one of these
but i do have to agree with in terms of hamburger meat being frozen > cooked
a lot of hamburger meat gives directions for frozen and thawed, it doesn't matter that much for stove cooking. Steak, or anything nicer than some cheap meat from your local grocery, sure, but cheap ass hamburger is fine. honestly.

>what the fuck is wrong with my hamburgers

Nothing... other than you probably burnt the shit out of them on the bottom side by the time this picture was taken.

It has to do with the heat distribution to the meat.

cooking.stackexchange.com/a/10093

It's not that you should never ever cook a burger in a pan. It's that it's sub-optimal if you have other methods of cooking it like a proper grill or a griddle.

Thawing meat makes no difference before cooking? Are you fucking retarded?!?

for cheap hamburger cooked on a stove? nah, not really. Its why so many of them give directions for cooking from frozen or cooking from thawed.

You made the nasty patty boy.

>he did didn't he

>It has to do with the heat distribution to the meat.

thawing is pointless seriouseats.com/2013/06/the-food-lab-7-old-wives-tales-about-cooking-steak.html

i know. no one is using this word correctly anymore. but you have to use it to get peope to understand you

That's just a combination of water and grease seeping up through the pours of the pattie because it can't escape at the bottom
Cook it on the grill and it'll fall through

If you don't trust them, don't eat them. Are you such a broke ass nigga that you'll eat questionable beef without any alternatives?

Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical of this claim but if someone has done double blinded trials that indicate no one can tell the difference then I will gladly change my mind. I'd be more willing to accept it without evidence if it's caveated with "for patties that are less than 1/2 inch thick". Any thicker than that and I have serious doubts about whether or not you can properly cook the inside without burning the outside (without resorting to sticking it into an oven). I'd suspect whether or not the texture of ground beef is apreciably affected by freezing has a lot to do with the initial quality of the meat used. Of course you're not using shitty meat, right?

>710589668
when you're in an apartment cooking on a pan, yes, of course i'm using shitty meat.

how abut this

>implying that populations can use words incorrectly

it's not fat that's bubbling, it's protein.

well, there's actually a bit of "neatness" in that that makes it fascinating. it's how languages evolve. It's how you get different languages, memes, and memeplexes in language and culture. So it's actually a good thing if you soak up that part of it

No. No it isn't.

fuk u homo

The word "fetish" has gone from meaning something traditionally non-sexual that needs to be present for you to achieve erection/finish, to "i like this genre".

wat

then fuck you google I tried.

it was actually meant to be a freaked out look because your reaction was too typical and therefore gay of you to express your feelings

i remember reading somewhere that the dictionary had to change Literally and figuratively to mean the same thing since people didn't know the difference between to two, i have never actually bothered to check if it was true or i was having my leg pulled but it does make you think if it is true.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botulism

that's a case of the topic getting diluted by casuals. it's happening online because phones enabled idiots to get online and they're like clumsy horses walking through a china shop... they disgust me

but i didn't say it's always good. it simply can result in something better or at least different

is your name kyle?

Funnily enough , I had a crap yesterday that look like a round sausage like version of your burger.
I felt every pebble as it ripped my ass hole

Foreman Grill

A cast iron skillet is objectively better than a George Foreman grill

dont you just love pan fried hamburgers with that gray gelatinous layer of fat that bubbles like a disease, afterward the burger tastes like a soggy piece of MDF soaked in grease?