Non slip tape for stairs. Is there any that don't tear up floors...

Non slip tape for stairs. Is there any that don't tear up floors? My parents are getting older and I want to put it on the stairs so they don't slip but they won't do it because they're afraid it will damage the hardwood step. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Pair-Pack-Slippers-Slip-Resistant-Bottom/dp/B01G617TXC/ref=pd_sim_193_4/160-0443256-2343814?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01G617TR8&pd_rd_r=WGAPB6KT8MKM64PV83QD&pd_rd_w=wnOD9&pd_rd_wg=J1Ywd&refRID=WGAPB6KT8MKM64PV83QD&th=1&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

thread of the day

Install a gate at every step

>non slip tape

Pretty shitty tape if it slips.

This might be the sweetest post on Sup Forums ever.

Well done user, would smile again.

Just get A runner to go down the whole stairs

You can look into gafters tape

Wait till they die. Then put the tape wherever the fuck you want.

Pro-tip from someone who works with the elderly: pray stairs with no-stick cooking spray, then lightly mist with water - repeat monthly.

Creates fantastic no-slip surface and will not harm hardwood floors.

just install carpet, it will be like 100 for the stairs...

Which is more important, the floor or your parents?

Forget the tape and receive your parents money faster

don't wear socks faggot

i can confirm this. it works. just tested it

Rubber matting

sell your house.. buy a 1 story house.. problem solved

It's a /diy thread...
Anyway the glue might be a problem for the wood coat but if is for your parent safety I don't see why not. Also when they will depart you only need to sand paper the stairs and repaint it

No possible way this was intended for Sup Forums.
Gave me hope for just a second.
Then I saw all the expected replies.
Sup Forumstards are truly the cancer that's killing Sup Forums. The ultimate irony.

>asking for serious help on Sup Forums

this makes mustard gas

This, right?
Even if it did fuck the stairs up wouldn't you just sand them back?

I will help since this is the best thread of the week.
If you dont want to harm the wood, you could use sandpaper and cold sillicone, it shouldnt stick to the wood if you want to remove it later, but still be able to work as non slippery tape. JUST APPLY IT IN THE BORDERS OF THE SAND PAPER.

Tha fuk?

Op here believe me I know it's them who are against the tape but thank you I'll tell
Them this

Use roofing shingles, apply adhesive to underside, enjoy slip-free surface on steps.

Just reply as you might intend a /b might reply, or you will appear a btard like them

Thanks man! Bright idea!

This famalam gets it.

It's right, you can restore it in tha way. Anyway the carpet solution is good too and also better looking.

Just stick the tape onto the soles of their feet.

Tired of spoonfeeding you millenial fucks with common sense.

Thanks but carpet is actually slippier I think I'll try the sandpaper with cold silicone... after I try to guilt my dad with that guys great suggestion "what's more important, the floor or moms health?"
In before "the floors obviously " haha thanks Sup Forums bros you guys get a bad rap.

LOL

OP get them some football cleats and cover the stairs in astroturf.

See, it's that kind of outside the box thinking this generation is lacking in.

Have they ever slipped? Slipping on wood stairs is extremely unlikely if you are wearing shoes. Maybe if you are only wearing socks you might slip.
Tell them to wear shoes.

Place irons on the stairs so the soles of their shoes melt and stick.

>problem solved

lmfao

You might try to change the carpet with an antislip kind. Anyway good luck, and send us your parent photo. They will die if you don't reply to this thread ;)

build them an elevator or escalator

ask they are actually helpful.

3M has some tape called Safety Walk....but it ain't cheap

Tell them to stay downstairs or just move their shit down.

Put skateboard tape all the way up and down.

That's not carpet its a runner.

Or replace stairs with sick skate ramp and teach granny and gramps to pull wicked ollie's.

kek

just cover the steps in epoxy
now it'll be completely slip free

A runner made of carpet...

isn't there something lie non-slip slippers?

Remove all stairs from house.

I did this for my inlaws' house.
Exterior I used 3M grip tape with extra adhesive for their painted front steps.
(had to touch up adhesive due to edges curling on 1% of it)

Exterior concrete steps, used reflective road paint with sand/grit mixed in for grip.
(use concrete painters tape for sharper lines)

Interior, I used industrial yellow safety covers for the top and bottom steps (screw on). Other steps got 3M tape.

If it doesn't stick, then it won't really be safe.

If you want a simpler route, you could just nail a runner to the stairs.

Use iron plates on stairs, put magnets in your parents shoes. Never slip again. Thank me later.

amazon.com/Pair-Pack-Slippers-Slip-Resistant-Bottom/dp/B01G617TXC/ref=pd_sim_193_4/160-0443256-2343814?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01G617TR8&pd_rd_r=WGAPB6KT8MKM64PV83QD&pd_rd_w=wnOD9&pd_rd_wg=J1Ywd&refRID=WGAPB6KT8MKM64PV83QD&th=1&psc=1

DO NOT DO THIS
CREATES MUSTARD GAS

nice try ISIS

Elderly dont like change.
Dont be a fagget.. Just put the shitty tape on the floor and tell then its for their safety.. Or else then cant go upstairs anymore

If you're looking for hope in humanity on an anonymous image board un-ironically I got news for you son.

Hey Mom, Dad...
Sup Forums says you should get the tape installed and do a barrel roll you fucking old faggots.

Replace the stairs with an escalator that runs 24/7.

Tell them to live in the basement like you used to OP.

Use whatever tape you want, when it comes to removing it simply hear it with a hair dryer to melt the glue and lift it off with no problem

>used to

HAHAHAHAHA...

user suggests mixing bleach and ammonia to clean bong
>works great I do this regularly
user suggests cool tip of mixing oil and water
>DO NOT TRY CREATES MUSTARD GAS
Fucing Sup Forums

you parents are more concerned with stairs over their own lives/health.

they are crying out for death, help them.

are you a fucking neanderthal? who wears shoes in the house? you walk with shoes and step on turds and all of that and you want to bring everything that is nasty into your house?

underrated

this nigga doesnt dodge turds. he just walks right through them like no big deal. fucking metal.

Hopefully, you get nut cancer and die soon.

Not him, but house shoes / slippers, you stupid cunt. Something you don't wear outside, for the purpose of not having cold feet, or to prevent slipping if you're an old pile of shit. Fucking dumb fuck.

OP they need one of those electric wall chair lift things STAT or you don't love them enough.

Ballbro was the best thread this week.

wat

plz explain Tl;dr version

Kill yourself in house slippers you useless virgin faggot.

have you trying buying new parents.
many ppl struggle with their boring old parents, consider getting a new pair.

What a faggot. Did he died?

Guy posted pics of his balls freshly ripped from his sack (with timestamps) supposedly he did it in his sleep. Last I saw her was heading to ER, he posted while waiting for an ambulance. Must be screencaps out there.

how do u rip ur fuckin balls in ur sleep?

does he sleep in a bed of razorblades?

Last pic I saved.

No good deals out there, man. I went in there looking for a Sean Connery Olivia Newton John and he tried to fix me with a John Travolta and older Gilmore.

Skateboard tape

is called grip tape and was already suggested

Fuck it, just put a whole fucking skateboard on the steps for good measure.

If they think their stairs are worth more than their health then maybe just back off and let Darwin sort this out.

Tell them to stop worrying about stairs. You can sand and refinish them if the tape leaves a residue.

Alternatively you can use an inlay that looks nice and adds some extra grip.

This is fucking brilliant. Except you put a skateboard on each step. They can roll from side to side, but not down the stairs.

I want to do this just to feel what it's like to walk down a staircase made of skateboards.