Why are Americans so obsessed with guns?

Why are Americans so obsessed with guns?

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-swiss-eu-guns-idUSKCN1161KT
foxnews.com/world/2016/09/02/swiss-fear-eu-effort-to-tighten-gun-control-could-disarm-law-abiding-citizens.html
theparliamentmagazine.eu/articles/news/swiss-campaigners-slam-eu-gun-proposals
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

muh amendment mufuggah muh tyranny "gotta shoot some black kids for playing basketball outside"

>da hat
I'm worried about him

I'm more worried about that atrocious lopsided fucking posture.

Guns are fun and can be used against minorities that try to take your stuff

Because I can have them and you can't.

childish power fantasy

>be american

Because weak ass white bois

Day of the rake soon, leaf.

A gun is the difference between a citizen and a subject. Also guns are a symbol of equality. Even a malnourished child can shoot someone. So of course the elite hate them since it levels the playing field. The elite simultaneously depend on the populaces weakness in two ways. One that they are strong and need that weakness to enforce their will. The other is that by keeping people oppressed the can appear as having the answers to that oppression this keeping them in power.

Having a gun psychologically changes you and puts the world in perspective. It grounds you with its sobering weight. Humans are tool users, everything we do we make tools to facilitate. Learning to feed yourself, wipe your ass, these are things that mark progression of a child. Adopting tools of violence are what marks an adult. The unarmed are perpetually children, because they can not enact violence they do not need to face it, they can hide from it.

It's not about having power, is about seeing what you do with that power. To sit there and realize you could easily just start shooting people, but you didn't, and that everyone else could as well but most don't. It's profound.

insecurity, need to compensate, etc.

Schools aren't going to shoot up themselves.

Eurobabies BTFO

Because they can.

Black men are more masculine than us in almost every respect. We need something to make us feel manly so we don't go insane.

Outside of memes and armchair psychology, it's just that guns are highly idolized in american popular culture because they're the weapons that won the west. The whole superiority against the native was technological.
While they did use firearms, in popular depiction you'll see the triumphant american settler with his rifle against the native with his bow.
In Europe such weaponry was common to most armies for decades, but you can see such a love for a specific weapon with the English and their longbows, which represent the cultural superiority of the English against the French.
English are very proud of their bows

t. nigger

America has been historically a very unsafe place.
Everybody had to be responsible for his own defense.
America is still less safe than western Europe, but not to the point where they actually 'need' guns.
It has evolved into a part of their new world culture.
Gunfags come up with all sort of contrived explanations, but the truth is they just like guns and guns aren't really a problem in the same sense that terrorism isn't a problem.
This isn't about freedom, this isn't about objective right and wrong, it's just how their society is.
Europeans look real ignorant when they talk about it, they look like americans talking about Muslims.

desu i have a pretty small dick but holding a gun makes it feel bigger somehow. same with my Ford F250

Why are the Swiss so obsessed with guns?

reuters.com/article/us-swiss-eu-guns-idUSKCN1161KT

foxnews.com/world/2016/09/02/swiss-fear-eu-effort-to-tighten-gun-control-could-disarm-law-abiding-citizens.html

theparliamentmagazine.eu/articles/news/swiss-campaigners-slam-eu-gun-proposals

Why are americans so proud of being land stealers?

Manifest destiny.