Will this show even be remembered 2-3 years after it is done airing?

Will this show even be remembered 2-3 years after it is done airing?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_Thrones_episodes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Walking_Dead_episodes
complex.com/pop-culture/2016/04/the-walking-dead-season-6-ratings
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Keep it in one thread, shitforbrains.

LET'S HAVE ANOTHER GOT THREAD

FIRST FOR RAMSAY TUE GUARDIAN OF THE NORTH XD

Why wouldn't it? It's been the most popular TV show for years now and even if you don't watch it you can't avoid hearing about it.

It may not be remembered fondly seeing the way the rest of the seasons are being done but people will still talk about it

Yes, it's one of a kind.

Probably not, does anyone remember Breaking Bad?

yep

i do. Every day.

No show is really remembered after 3 years since it's done. Look at Lost , the greatest tv show that was ever created, and nobody really remembers it.

The show wil keep running as long as it can make money.

of course, I'm re-watching it now actually

it will be praised by sjw at least for decade.

>No show is really remembered after 3 years since it's done
That's a lie
> Look at Lost , the greatest tv show that was ever created, and nobody really remembers it.
Guess that shit wasn't as great now was it. One of the best shows that went to shit after its second season and dragged for a couple of more nonsensical and boring bullshit seasons. No wonder no one wants to remember that crap.

absolutely not, there's definitely an end point that GRRM has told D&D about, but the path their taking will be a little different.

It's certainly coming to and end, it's like saying they would make another LoTR movie after return of the king

t b h the only show that had a huge cultural impact and still talked often on Sup Forums is The Sopranos, because it's rewatchable.
Breaking Bad is not and GoT it's even worse

They Jews at HBO know GoT is their most valuable franchise. As soon as the series ends (14 episodes from now) next year will be a prequel.

It will kick off a high-quality fantasy TV trend and be remembered as the pioneer. We will see Malazan, Kingkiller, Stormlight, Xanth, and other fantasy titans come to life on TV and GoT started it all.

as someone who never 'got' LOST and how many millions of shitposts there were on Sup Forums Im glad these shows die as sson as done airing, so we can shitpost about our favourite 80s movies (predator, the thing)

Game of Thrones will never end

they will make spin-offs for 100 years

People remember lost, the thing about that show is that it was one of those "the trip is the experience" kinda of shows. But when a journey ends up leading to a small shitstained outhouse in rural Kentucky, people tend to not try and talk others into taking that the same journey.

I want to see Mistborn :

Yes. It's the biggest pop culture hit of the decade, you know liking it won't make people forget how popular it was.

maybe they can do a remake that is actually truthful to the books next

It really isn't the biggest pop culture hit take off the glasses dude.

People still talk about Lost and that show went to complete shit far earlier on.

I know no one that still talks about lost, the only old shows me and my buds talk about are The Wire and Sopranos.

First we need to have Dune

never going to happen and its a travesty

Fuck you and your digits

yes

I'm sorry mommy doesn't love you, friend

Does anyone even remember Rome?

It's been 11 years since it first aired.

What is?

That was never popular, hence it getting cancelled early.

Everyday

HE

Capeshit
Star Wars for the new generation

After the series has ended they will make a movie about Robert's rebellion. Screencap this.

Name a capeshit tv series that's anywhere near GoT in popularity.

Yes, it gets referenced in popular culture all the time.

Stop trying to strawman. I was talking about Marvel movies they are a bigger phenomenon then GoT bud. Are you going to argue against that? Do you think Star Wars isn't bigger aswell?

>show is finally over
>wait 40-50 years for a remake that is actually true to the books and well written
>die happy

I remember it, most don't. But Rome never made the impact that GoT did, the writing was too smart and they didn't pander by including SRONK WOMYN!

Normies stopped the Breaking Bad memeing very quickly after the finale.

So you're saying Game of Thrones won't be remembered because Avengers movies exist and people can't remember more then one franchise?

Seasons 1-4 yes, everything after no

I cant even remember season 5

Tv show aren't films. Marvel, DC and others make plenty of tv shows. Name one that's on the same level as GoT

>and they didn't pander by including SRONK WOMYN!

You are strawmanning again. I said it is not THE biggest pop culture phenomenon of the decade. It's up there though.

Jesus christ are you a fucking retard he said pop culture phenomenon of the past decade, I said it isn't THE biggest it's probably in the top 5

Her daughter getting tricked into seducing her brother by her older lesbian lover was on the same level as GoT.

Listen. Whatever your point was, the reason pre-internet culture was "defined" by only one (maybe two) things is because before the internet, there was only so much air time that could be given to anything. So whatever topped the charts must have been the definition of the culture.

Now we live in a wonderful world (hell) where everything will be remembered for all time.

Depends on how the last 2 seasons go

She was scheming and conniving but not particularly that bright. Wouldn't classify her as a stronk "u go gurl" type. Great ass, though.

If they go bad then people will be bitching about it for years to come. Either way, people will remember the impact of this series.

>you now remember LOST

Game of thrones is still bigger than capeshit. Capeshit movies bring in the dough, but they're not remembered or talked about after they release.

GoT has been consistently popular since it came out. There's no other show/movie that has the same 'water cooler' popularity that GoT does. Everybody talks about it all the time

Yeah, she was ruthless and (at times) cunning but she was constantly betting on the wrong horse politically and would have made some disastrous blunders if not for Octavian's intervention or blind luck. They did a great job at presenting her as a deeply flawed and tragic person.

If you think we won't be getting spin offs of their most successful property ever I've got news for you

Re watch it yearly

kinda like memebad but that's it, it ain't rome nor band of brothers, not even sopranos tier.

I thought they already announced a spin-off series they were working on a while back.

Haven't heard that but it's inevitable

Sorry to burst your bubble, but TWD gets literally twice the ratings GoT does and dominates social media every time an episode airs even more than GoT does.

First the books need to come out

[citation needed]

As much as you hate it, ASOIAF and GoT are the new Lord of the Rings.

>show is over
>wait 30 years for remake
>it ends up being even worse

Lost was the most popular tv show for years, look what happened to that

>comparing basic cable ratings with HBO

It's not the same, GoT is much more popular through internet discussion and torrent sites.

Dude you are delusional. Normies always talk about the avengers, individual Marvel movies.

GoT gained its massive popularity AFTER season 3 and there is one other show that has the same "water cooler" poopularity and it is TWD (garbage) most people love TWD and consistently talk about it and it gets insane ratings.

I like ASOIAF and GoT

Bless you. Don't let this shit board change your opinion. I

You realize TWD is the second most pirated TV show after GoT right? Just because autists obsess over GoT more on Sup Forums and a few other internet forums doesn't make it the bigger show/phenomenon.

>Normies always talk about the avengers, individual Marvel movies.
Nope

I haven't heard anyone mention the avengers since it came out. And the only recent capeshit movie my friends have mentioned is Deadpool, a week after it came out.

Meanwhile there's always a place to bring up GoT, even in the off-season. People are always theorycrafting and analyzing and autistically re-watching every episode for foreshadowing. GoT will be remembered for years and years, capeshit is just a flash in the pan

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_Thrones_episodes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Walking_Dead_episodes

complex.com/pop-culture/2016/04/the-walking-dead-season-6-ratings

If ASOIAF will be remembered for years how come nobody cared about it until the TV show came along? As someone who got into the series since A Feast for Crows came out in paperback it's staggering and unnerving seeing how much the fanbase has gotten worse overtime. The TV show will be over and forgotten next year but I guess the remaining books will both draw in midnight releases like no other.

what show?

throne for the game

Fuck off with this got spamming you normalfags

nah it will be like lost

nahh not really, it´ll die the same way Lost did. Or Sopranos. Or Mad Men / Dexter. It´s hot right now but no way in hell anyone is watching this garbage in 2020

No. Its a good show but this season has really gone down hill. Dick, fart jokes etc.

Well this season is better then S5 but, that really isn't saying much.

It'll be remembered as one of the staple shows of the 2010's

they don't compare. GoT is way more popular than Lost ever was