I find absolutely no meaning in life and I don't feel like anything anyone does matters because we'll all turn to dust...

I find absolutely no meaning in life and I don't feel like anything anyone does matters because we'll all turn to dust and be forgotten.
>Music for this feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tH2w6Oxx0kQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f-8CiMVNbhU
youtube.com/watch?v=JkB6PKYWl9s
youtube.com/watch?v=r0Utkr8LSdc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Listen to yourself.
The song of the human mind trying to comprehend why things occur is similar to screamo.

a Sup Forums classic

I'll second screamo for this feel

You don't need music, you need to read philosophy. The mistake you need to correct right away is believing that only a meaningful life can bring you pleasure and beauty.

Start with Camus' The Myth of Sisyphus and then hop onto /lit/ and take it from there.

A New Beginning - Sigur Ros
Spiderland - Slint
F# A# Infinity or 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend - Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Really any post-rock, math rock, or krautrock album

deathconsciousness is perfect for that feel

There is no such thing as a meaningful life as we are alone in the universe and we have absolutely no impact on anything but ourselves because there are nothing else but ourselves and this planet

Serious question, what was the point of that essay? I was hoping it would persuade me to keep searching, but it was more like "Might as well do it 'cause there's nothing else to do".

Kid A

These are the first rumblings of a culture that lost its narrative. We are in the waning days of the end of western civilization, and you are feeling it being ripped apart. There is no organizing principle anymore, nothing to derive meaning from.

The "fall" of the western civilization isnt the problem. What does the western civilization mean if you really think about it? What are our impact? Nothing is eternal and that's why everything is just a big waste

...you didn't really read what I said did you?
Accepting that life is meaningless is the first of many steps, even if it seems like an inevitable dead end. You need to detach yourself from the notion that meaningful=good.

Also, "nothing we do matters in the long run" is part of a really irritating thought process in which you abstract a concept so much it because absurd, and then attack how absurd it is. That can be applied to anything. It's easy and doesn't mean much.

The point was to communicate that absurdity of existence is not your enemy, and that it allows you to rebel against the notions of what is good and meaningful. The message I took away from it was to live your life for the beauty and pleasures that this world has to give you, and nothing else.

My mistake. I'll read The Myth of Sisyphus

You just dont know shit about the world and how you relate to it. you still only see right around yourself. if you expand your knowledge youll see that meaning in life is derived from the culture. when the culture is sick and dying, it cant properly give meaning to peoples lives

4u OP

youtu.be/tH2w6Oxx0kQ

Being alone all the time is really starting to fuck with me, I don't have any friends or anything and once again I'm sitting here on a weekend alone, and I'm sure tonight will just be spent like all the other ones, drinking and thinking of what it would be like to have a social life again. You really can't blame me for spending years in a deep depression and having no idea what to do or where to go to because I haven't, and can't seem to have what I want here. Then take into account anytime I'm in any social situation I get fucked with, I'm always the first person that gets pushed away, or someone tries to fight. I'm never just left alone to enjoy myself and being around others for once instead of being incredibly paranoid of what could happen. It ruins relationships and ones I could have had. Someone shouldn't have to feel like they have to literally fight to have a life.

Cruel Optimism, by Lawrence English

also to echo what other user said, you'll get past this. You just have to learn to derive your own personal meaning from the meaninglessness. It's hard, especially hard for some people, and in the modern age, but you can get there. not sure if philosophy is really the road, but whatever works

congrats its depression. stop being a fag and pop a prozac

if you're getting fucked with all the time then it has to be something you're doing in those situations.

no im just an easy target for people it happens all the time when i'm around people.

why are you an easy target do you think?

short, timid, a little overweight. i don't really know why that opens the door for me to get fcuked with, i've seen people like me enoy themselves around others and have no issues. me, it eventually happens and i always feel like i need to be watching my back all the time.

idk man, maybe you give off kind of an insecure vibe?

I'm not saying that means you deserve it at all, but that's usually what it is when total assholes just decide to randomly fuck with people

>idk man, maybe you give off kind of an insecure vibe?
but why does it make people want to fuck with me and try to harm me, I never understood it. i don't act that way or see someone vulnerable and want to fuck with them

you don't have to fight but you can stand up for yourself. some people find some sick pride in being able to push people around and away. it may be because youre around the wrong people and things.

because you're not a terrible person. it took me a little while to come around to this too, since i dont get fucking with people at all either. a lot of people are just fucked, and are stupid or mean or whatever and that's just how they are. mostly they grow out of it though, so if you're still early/mid 20's things will probably improve for you

plus confidence is definitely a learnable trait. its hard af, but it is

i'm 26, 27 in june. so my social window is closing really fucking fast. people are going to leave those partying fun years behind and will be actualy adults soon and i hate it. because of shit like this i've missed out on a lot.

the partying shit is honestly super overrated, no memes. for whatever reason society makes it look cool af in movies and shit, but i've never enjoyed it, and i've never struggled in the way that you have. you just gotta find your own shit if you can

you can still enjoy life just learn to accept those years are almost over and there isn't anything you can do about it
you really don't have anyone in your age group to be around?

>you really don't have anyone in your age group to be around?
no, I'm still in a city I got bullied and socially outcasted and isolated in.

what the fuck ? why? leave.

wait, is this fucking Brandon?

Moses?

If everybody in this thread listens to this they will be ok

youtube.com/watch?v=f-8CiMVNbhU

DAmnit.

Magnolia electric company is god tier, lead singer died from organ failure due to alcoholism in his thirties. RIP jason molina

>almost no one makes it out

youtube.com/watch?v=JkB6PKYWl9s

also mazzy star
youtube.com/watch?v=r0Utkr8LSdc

stop fucking whining
it's the same shit with you all the time
do something or shut the fuck up