There are "people" on Sup Forums who claim to like an artist without first listening to said artist's entire discography

>there are "people" on Sup Forums who claim to like an artist without first listening to said artist's entire discography

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oVAcq5NcznY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i fucking hate this website

Same

I'd say it's okay to say you like them, but saying they're your favorite would be fucking stupid.

It's literally weaponized cancer son thought you knew

>there are people on Sup Forums who claim to like a genre without first listening to every song in that genre

And what if you haven't listened to any artist's entire discography? That person just isn't allowed to have a favorite?

>people unironically disagreeing with this
wew...

There are only a few artists that have a big discography worth listening to.

I like Pink Floyd but I refuse to listen to The Endless River

So in other words;
>there are "people" on Sup Forums who aren't complete autists

I don't care what you say dude I'm not going to listen to Pablo Honey

So if someone asks you about it you're just gonna say "I heard it was bad" for the rest of your life? What if you like it? Creep was good.

Well saying "I'm not going to listen to it" is disingenuous-- I've heard a good portion of it (in singular song form, not as one cohesive piece) and I like some songs, just not at all interested in Radiohead's mediocre take on grunge.

Blow out though dude

>you have to like that one weird experimental album they did when they were ripped on heroin the whole time and basically moaning in the booth or else you don't like them

It just wouldn't make sense to say favorite artist instead of favorite album or song. How can someone say they're a favorite if they haven't listened to all of their stuff? Or why wouldn't they, if they're their favorite?

>listen
>like
Not the same

Do I really have to listen to the music these artists made for a quick buck when they were old farts when their best work is universally acknowledged as having been released in the previous decades

can you be any more of a poser?

>there are people so insecure on this board they force themselves to listen to an entire discography.

>there are people so weak-willed on this board they cant even put in the effort to listen to a discography of an artist they claim to like

>not waiting for the artist to die before you claim to like them so that you can be sure they won't release any more albums that might change your opinion of their career

Yes

>mfw there's no posthumous releases

>there are "people" on Sup Forums

Fucking normies, am I right? I mean I dedicated 6 years of my life to listen to every Grateful Dead recording before claiming to like them

>"people"

I haven't listened to it yet either , man. And I fucking love PF ):

As a PF fan I thought it was a neat look into their creative process and has some good moments. Better than AMLOR. Though I guess that ain't saying much.

Just say you like the album

>there are "people" on Sup Forums

To what extent of an artist's work do you have to like to say you like them?

I agree that normies who say "dude I love taylor swift" from just listening to a couple of her hits on radio are silly but where do we go from there?

A couple of albums at least?

but if they've only heard a couple of hits by anyone are they not allowed to pick their favorite artist that they've only heard a couple of things from? i dont get this argument

>there are "people" who make the same dumbass thread everyday with the same dumbass duffy duck pic.

"You haven't listened to Frank Zappa's entire discography, how dare you call yourself a fan?"

If it's like 2-10 albums in nice order, then i'll go for it

But fuck it, do i really need to scrounge through the entire catalogue of bootlegs, b-sides, demo-tracks and live-albums to claim that i like some artist?

DELET THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=oVAcq5NcznY smoke weed, i hate Christians.