A friend of mine wants to make by hand something I bought (a deck-box) but I don't want it...

A friend of mine wants to make by hand something I bought (a deck-box) but I don't want it. I don't want her to put the effort into making it, and if she did I wouldn't want to use it because the product I bought is perfectly fine. Great, even. When I tried to explain this to her, she got pissed, saying "you don't think I could make better? Blah blah blah." While, I totally do not think she could make one better, I also don't want one of comparable quality that's janky, gaudy, and home made. I don't think it's fair to make me feel guilty because I don't want the charity. Whether this person wants to do it if their own free will or not, I don't want it and just because they want to make it so badly shouldn't be my problem, nor should I have to be made to feel bad about declining it. What do I say?

look at all those 6 packs
are you an alcoholic?

are you having a seizure?

It's not your girlfriend so you can't be firm, you'll hurt your friends feelings. Though I think she wants to fuck on your dick if she's being so adamant about this

You're upset about a deck box? Do you play a tcg and only have one deck?

so why do you go to reddit, phoneposter? is Sup Forums not good enough? are our memes not hilarious enough?

>That green sun zenith
>That elves
>2 Llanowar elves
>2
>Not EDH

Fuck this

I play modern MTG and have multiple decks worth over $1000, so I don't want any home made whatever.

Not him, but I use both, reddit for when in public/people home. Sup Forums when alone or don't care about subject.

Accept the deckbox, use your normal one, if she notices and ask you why, just say you liked the one she made and didn't want it to be damaged

I mean, I agree with the sentiment that you don't want any bs box and shouldn't have to force yourself to use a gift. However, the easiest way to make both parties happy is to accept it gratefully, admire that she wanted to do something for you and the work she put into it, then stuff a wacky or low teir deck in it.

I don't disagree with you, but if a friend wants to give you something, take it. They're your friend.

The issue is that from the get go, I had no option to say no. I didn't actually have a choice in the matter so I think it's not fair to then get pissed at me for it.

It's because she wants to do something, and she don't see things like you do, probably she don't think a deckbox is worth the amount you paid for and wants to do a homemade.
There is no 'fairness' issue, just accept it, and do what you want with it or try to force your opinion on someone that don't see any problems whatsoever in this situation
TL;DR you are overreacting

In what way is her freaking out and getting super pissed that I don't want her to waste time making something I won't use any indication that I am the one overreacting?

No means no man. She should get that. Consent is for more than just poopers and dicks.

Also; take it and don't use it. She's not the boss of you.

Dude, think about it from her perspective. She wanted to make you something special, a gift related to a game you absolutely love, and she wants you to enjoy.
>Imma give OP something that whenever he sees will give him a smile and know he has a friend.

And you basically say "I do not desire this gift, it will be shit compared to this box."

Now, like I said, you have a good point. But, she has a good point too she is giving you a symbol of your friendship, and you prize a manufactured item over something she painstakenly went through the act of creating.

Now, if I was you and wanted to enjoy a happy life, I would appologize to her, tell her that you understand what she was trying to do and you handled it wrong, then say "If you want to make something I would appreciate and carry with me all the time I would love a life counter".

I'm on mobile so excuse the shit formatting and gramatical errors. Hopefully you see my point.

I see our point and like to protect my cards as much you do with yours
But by making a shitlong post on Sup Forums, you are overreacting

Dude just bring it up again and express your thanks in her offer and suggest she build you something else you don't already have instead, that way she gets to make you something and with any luck you'll get something you've actually been needing

Jesus, I'm old. I thought you were talking about the storage boxes us old fucks keep our patio chair cushions and shit in on our decks. I couldn't figure out why you would need two and why some bitch was going to make you one...

Hilarious.
I love how you continue to try to justify that you were right, OP.

I am genuinely impressed by the quality of the advice in this thread.

Fagit, go eat chance's chode

OPs friend here.
I figured he posted this as a question on Sup Forums
I offered to make OP a Deck Box better than his current ones.
I was excited at the aspect of making something for friend. I obviously was never going to make him a 'Janky' present.
I'd never give him a shitty box, because I know how much he cares about his magic cards.
Tl;dr
OP hates when I 1-up his gf.
I give better head. he hates it.