Is University College London a prestigious university? How does it measure against the Ivy League unis?

Is University College London a prestigious university? How does it measure against the Ivy League unis?

Other urls found in this thread:

timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2016/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank_label/sort_order/asc/cols/rank_only
topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2016
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filming_at_University_College_London
kcl.ac.uk/newsevents/Filming/Filming-at-Kings.aspx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Intellectual_Property_Indicators
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oxford and Cambridge are the only UK universities that really compare to the Ivies.

UCL is still good though, it's sort of on the next tier down along with LSE and Imperial.

Doesn't LSE and Imperial compare with the Ivy Leagues though?

Maybe for certain subjects but I would still say that the Ivies + Oxbridge are a cut above.

You're all fucking idiots
Especially you

Ivy League is just a sports league for private universities. The schools are really no better than state universities if you look at quality of the educational product. The private universities do have nicer facilities.

Then what's your opinion?

OP is a faggot who goes to Univesit collage longdong and wants to feel recognised

Put a cold cucumber in your ass you're not even remotely special stop pretending and trying too hard it won't be worth it

This user knows more about it than you

I think the OP meant in terms of reputation, rather than actual quality of education.

OP is that you samefagging

>if you look at quality of the educational product

it doesn't matter.

the only thing that matter is what kind of position you can get after graduating.

You don't go to an university to learn things, you go there to get degree so you can get a job

That's was my point fag

Lol nope

? ? ? ? ? ?
>You don't go to an university to learn things

Looks like you need it user

Also do explain how you'll be able to manage in a job you're given after you've essentially proven you're capable of certain academic specialties, but then have no academic knowledge like you imply

ayy lmao

UCL alumnus here.
It is a brilliant place at which to study but it doesn't even begin to compare to the Ivy League in terms of work-market reputation.

timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2016/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank_label/sort_order/asc/cols/rank_only

Im pretty sure University of California isn't ivy league.

I'm in London also

UCL are the Gildory Lockhart's of the London unis. As I understand it the general reputation they have is that they are pretentious and self-centered. imperial seems cooler.

Oh the said university was made famous a few years back by the dude named Pietro Boselli. Yes, it is one of the prestigious universities in UK.

Oh haha I remember that

>It is a brilliant place at which to study
>It is a brilliant place to study
>Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence
>I mean, using big words to sound smart

That's not true at all.
We're the Godless Place in Gower Street: that does tend to attract a certain category of people but what you said is unfounded. Imperial doesn't have our history.

King's has cooler history than you

UCL have decent alumni list

What?
"Brilliant" is as common in the UK as "cool".

>kings

King's was founded in response to UCL.

relevant

These two institutions are but three years apart.

What was I saying earlier? about pretentious and self-centered?

You're the one who came to Sup Forums in an attempt to make yourself feel special about the institution you're at user, not me.

Fucking troll.

Teach us about UCL's history pls.

Im not the OP but that was banter, mate.

Chill, man.

these list are bullshit.

They are biased toward english speaking university.

The leading country in term of patent per capita are South Korea and Japan and yet there is almost no Asian university in this list.

The first German university is outside of the top 25.

King's also has 1000x more awe-inspiring location.
>feed the flame

Shut up you weaboo fuck

topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2016

National University of Singapore at 12.
Nanyang Technological University at 13.
University of Hong Kong at 27.
University of Tokyo at 34.
Seoul National University at 35.
etc.

We have a stuffed philosopher in our main hall.

I've been to Gower St, and yes King's is a far nicer location

Lol! Who doesn't? Was annoying as fuck, suddenly every faggot and girl wanted to go to ucl because a nude dude was a professor there. TVs, newspapers, BuzzFeed cancers, facebook, twitter, instagram, you name it....all about him and ucl.

Its up there with them. For law and medicine its one of the best in the world.

Pretty cancerous

Contribooting

you realize that it proves my point ? they put 2 university from singapore and one from HK where the medium of instruction is English at 12 and 13 ( and 27) while the top japanese and south korean university are 34 and 35.

You are going to argue that Japan and Korea ( who produce 3 times more patent per capita than the US) have shitty university compared to Singapore ?

Oh yeah?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filming_at_University_College_London

kcl.ac.uk/newsevents/Filming/Filming-at-Kings.aspx

>kcl.ac.uk/newsevents/Filming/Filming-at-Kings.aspx
The quality of this second link was lacking, I had to click about further.
KCL have the Maughan
Actually what does UCL's library look like?

>who produce 3 times more patent per capita than the US

why are you so fixed on this one statistic

where did you even get this statistic

Seriously?
Why am I falling for this.
Have you ever been to the UCL library?
You get shivers when you walk in.

I think UCL has 12 different libraries or something so you're going to have be a bit more specific

Pics
Evidently there's one noticably nice one?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Intellectual_Property_Indicators

It's just something very tangible, but japan, germany, south korea, even France, they have a long history of producing skilled people, and yet their top school are like way behind every decent school that teach in English

I'm drunk

are you okay

Fuck you.
I am annoyed at myself for getting riled up at this.

Hahahahaha
much love UCLanon

I am still waiting on that pic of the nice UCL library user. Is it not as nice as KCL

at the end of the day, UCL/King's aside, Imperial graduate in the Royal Albert Hall.

it's this one

Why is that tho

You absolute fool.

He's literally right lol
America seem up it but my mate who's a Harvard undergrad atm considers Oxbridge more of an achievment to have entry into.
It's all subjective.

the grass is always greener huh?

Yeah it really does seem that way

I was at UCL in the early 2000s.
Having that on your cv commands respect in certain circles. In most situations, especially abroad, people have no idea and classify you as not good enough to have gone to Cambridge or Oxford.

Which circles?

I was at UCL. It ranks amongst the top 3 in the world for philosophy, along with Cambridge and Berkley California. The university was founded by Jeremy Bentham, so it is bound to be philosophically based. Not so good for literature and humanities, but 100% on philosophy, 90% sciences

Why the fuck do you have him stuffed as your mascott.
And what's with the head?
Why and why

>the top 3 in the world for philosophy

your top 3 has no german school

Philosophy have been a german thing for centuries.

Every month a secret meetin of the philosophical society takes place at which his body is wheeled into the room.

Law, for example.

He asked to be a memorial on display in his will.

His head is kept in a safe because:

"It is often claimed that King's' students played football with the embalmed head of Jeremy Bentham. Although the head was indeed stolen, the football story is a myth or legend which is unsupported by official UCL documentation about Bentham available next to his display case (his auto-icon) in the UCL cloisters."

rubbish, the dominant philosophy for the last 100 years has been anglo-american analytic philosophy
It is why Wittgenstein taught and studied in Britain

>analytical philosophy

Yhea it is a pretty good uni and has excellent funding for research however chances are if you go there you will be in classes with loads of chinese people who walk around london like victims and cant even walk down a busy main road without randomly stopping and looking around like they owe somebody money.

UCL would look very good on any CV they are very good with certain subjects such as engineering.

Holy shit that is amazing lol

King's students, no doubt, venting off the frustration of having a terrible library.

>for the last 100 years

What is French Theory ?

"you will be in classes with loads of chinese people who walk around london like victims and cant even walk down a busy main road without randomly stopping and looking around like they owe somebody money"

what

French theory is the theory that tanks should have one forward gear and 28 reverse gears

Tbf I love reading about the rivalry between UCL and King's, do American unis have such, similar?

The french mainly fuck about with existentiualism which, in effect, is nothing but styilised observations of how people act . It is psychology. Analytics deals in logic and scientfic observations and deductions

And this is the entrance.

Hahaha Maughan is niiiiiice
I think there are 4 others

i'm not arguing that French Theory was the best thing that happened to philosophy. I'm arguing that it was a dominant thing, and that French people were philosophy super star between the 50s and the 80s

Oh shit they finally deliver

imperial and UCL have a large amount of chinese students who pay like £25k a year just to learn there.

Anyone who lives or works in london knows about the baffled chinese people who walk around and block the streets all the time.

its a joke

sad that london has been overran with sand niggers. it used to be a cool city.

UCL is like the number 5 university in the world, it's definitely very prestigious.

I cannot deny, it's quite a looker
What's the external like?

they also take a very long time to cross the road
It's quite funny really, sweet

>You used to be cool, man

The libraries are all mostly inside the faculty buildings

This one is in the Wilkins Building

what years do you think london was at its peak?

Im 22 and have lived in london all my life and for me its always been pretty shit. When I was a teenager it was back in 2008 when London gang life was at its peak and now all the classy bars and restraunts are filled with dirty arabs who dont have any class.

London is an amazing city.
Your life is shit.
There's a difference.

>7.02% black, 6.64% Indians, 2.74% Pakistani, 2.15% Irish, 1.52% Chinese, etc
>but 1.3% Arabs in Greater London in 2011
>somehow still overrun by 'sand niggers'

London is overhyped, overpriced and only seen as an amzing city by europeans who come from small towns where they have no art galleries and shit.

not even going to talk about the crime.

Doesn't take into account the amount of tourists who come in summer and block up the streets.

White people are a minority in London