Where or when and why did the "listen to everything except country" meme start?

Where or when and why did the "listen to everything except country" meme start?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aq344ks1ieg
rateyourmusic.com/list/honganji/lets_listen_to_spanish_progressive_music___entrance_for_spain/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/bob-dylan/nashville-skyline/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that was me

Can confirm. It was user back in 2003.

Autists like you only made it a "meme" because you're obsessed with memes. It's just an opinion that millions share for normal reasons.

>discarding a genre based on a couple bad artist
normal ppl are idiots

memes though

The meme is that they don't even listen to everything.

>Where or when and why did the "listen to everything except country" meme start?
With Country being an almost completely contrived and terrible genre of music

how about 'probably tylo be chillin'?

But Sup Forums are idiots, probably moreso

:')

true
not true btw example youtube.com/watch?v=Aq344ks1ieg

HURR DURR I TAKE EVERYTHING LITERALLY BECAUSE ITS FUNNY TO DO THAT. LETS PRETEND THEY ACTUALLY MEAN "EVERYTHING" SO I CAN TURN THIS INTO A PEE-YOUR-PANTS HILARIOUS MEME I CAN SHARE WITH MY CLASS XD. MEMES. HAHA. THE INTERNET, HUH GUYS?

>btw example
This is Rockabilly. Try again.

its country

I listen to everything except Spanish music, cant stand it. Im probably the most self hating spic I know. Ill listen to music in other languages all the time but I just cant with spanish music.

>circular logic

its country
and rockabilly came from country
so let me tell u again
its country
okay>=

>It's just an opinion that millions share for normal reasons.
I can agree with this part. But not every country song is about beers, boots, Mississippi and Louisiana. Try listening to some of these albums:
Townes Van Zandt - s/t
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - I See a Darkness
John Prine - s/t
Willie Nelson - Phases and Stages
Marty Robbins - Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
Whiskeytown - Stranger's Almanac
Steve Earle - El Corazón
Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline

By this logic Hip Hop is really just funk? Psychedelic is really just Blues?

Not how it works

Listen to instrumental Spanish music then. Paco De Lucia perhaps? How about Spanish progressive rock, progressive folk?
rateyourmusic.com/list/honganji/lets_listen_to_spanish_progressive_music___entrance_for_spain/

no hip hop is just electronic

I don't know but it certainly sounds like a stupid meme. Sounds like a rap fan would perpetuate it.

It's not necessarily self-hate. I don't usually like songs that have lyrics in my native tongue either, it just sounds cringy.

>I don't usually like songs that have lyrics in my native tongue either, it just sounds cringy.
Oh, you poor child. Feel relieved, because you haven't heard Bulgarian turbo folk for example. Yes, it's bad as it sounds.

No it's hop-hop

Sounds like something I would ironically listen to.
>inb4 someone says fucking hipster
Don't take Sup Forums seriously.

or the first Flying Burrito Brothers
or Sweetheart Of The Rodeo by the Byrds
or GP by Gram Parsons

no its electronic
tell me how they make these beats?

Well for instance, the hip-hop group The Roots plays them live.

Wait, I guess hip-hop is really R&B then

damn

>'I See a Darkness' is country
>Bob Dylan is country
Mongolian !?!??!?!?

>"What? No, no, there's good country albums"
>posts rock artist who made a western-tinged rock album once
Not fooling anyone anons

Nashville Skyline is a country album.
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/bob-dylan/nashville-skyline/

nice denial

>
>Sounds like something I would ironically listen to.
>inb4 someone says fucking hipster
>Don't take Sup Forums seriously.
I would be the last person to take Sup Forums too seriously. As you see, I'm just recommending music and that's why I visit this board. These are my posts:

When country gave itself the shitty reputation it deserves

Say something that hasn't already been said for the thousandth time.

You really helped push the conversation forward.

To be fair this is not rockabilly. It's straight country.

because country have a style that doesnt merge in with other genres.

unlike how hip-hop and soft rock have base similarities in the way the songs are written, country is pretty fucking unique. really no others genres are formatted like country. so when listening to it it can be displeasing if you dont have a pre-disposition to it already.

Country in general likes to hold itself within 2 octaves up or down of middle C, and like's root chords. the music doesnt have alot going on its more a kin to poetry with music in the background. so people who are accustom to more melodic songs will rarely enjoy country because its written differently.

you will never hear a half diminished chord within a country song, nor while you hear progressions based of of non whole tone scales.

its just not in the nature of a music. so I dont really know to what effect you can call this a meme?

Haha, well meme'd, my friend. The issue with
>I listen to EVERYTHING
is that they usually are constrained to 2-3 genres which may or may not have variances.
e.g.
>metal...pop............hip hop...the list goes on

Here's how we use English to portray your true feelings.
>I keep an open mind and am willing to give almost anything a chance if I happen upon it, except country, because the radio plays country quite often
>While I know that the current pop country trend is not representative of the entire genre, and subgenres within, I disregard it as a whole due to the bad taste it's left in my mouth