Why was the second season so bad compared to the first?

Why was the second season so bad compared to the first?
Did I miss huge parts of the plotline, or was it superweak?
The characters were nice, I liked them. And since there were more main chars than in the first, it gave it a bit more girth. However, I still don't understand the details of how Frank was connected to anything.
The ending made reaaaally feel things, unlike the first, but overall it was worse.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cO59ITNCxzk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It meandered in places, and could have done with a bit more rewriting.

Also the first half of the season isnt as good as the second.

Regardless I liked S2 Velcoro was great

Hello, reddit!

Yeah I really liked Velcoro, I could understand his flaws.
Frank was nice too, I liked how he walked and talked.
The ladycop was a bit irrtating at first, but then I liked her too. And she is hooootttt.
The gay cop then again, I didn't really get attached to him.
>your opinion is different so you must be from reddit

People assume artists are perfect and will always produce consistently good content.

When S2 started turning out bad you wouldn't believe how many people scrambled to blame the replacement of the director, ignoring the fact that most of the issues where in the writing.

In reality, artists are only human. Sometimes they make good stuff, sometimes, bad.

I'm going to keep an eye on season 3. It just might turn out great.

From what I've heard, there won't be a season 3.

The first season was plagiarism. You don't get to play that card twice when you're called out.

>I'm going to keep an eye on season 3. It just might turn out great.

CANCELLED

youtube.com/watch?v=cO59ITNCxzk

Season 2 was way better than Season 1, it was a fucking Greek Tragedy, plebs didn't understand it.

the biggest reason season 2 failed because there were too many characters for a 10 episode show

>implying "plagiarism" is bad as long as you make a good product

Just look at tarantino.

The first season is so good that it is almost impossible to live up to it's expectations, I mean it is the best season of television produced in the 2010's.

Having a bunch of different directors instead of just one probably didn't help either, and Pizza had to write S2 in like a year, when I believe S1 took him 3 years ? (I could be wrong about that)

I felt as though the first four episodes were a drag (probably due to Justin Lin directing some of them) and it really started to hit it's stride during the last 4 which I thought were quite good for TV nowadays.

what did it plagiarise?

Fuck. Well, I'll keep an eye on the writer to see what else he makes.

It good pretty fucking good towards the end. Last 2 episodes were great.

Season 2 failed because most audience members and critics are fucking retards.

Only the first 4 or 5 episodes in the first season are good, the last few are shit. Nic Pizzarito is not a good writer, but he is good at creating atmosphere given enough time.

Too many fucking characters.
Should have cut the woman, the homo, or both, because they didn't have nearly the same amount of depth as the cop and the gangster.

Yeah Frank and Ray were the best, it would not have worked at all without either

alot of Rusts conviction are parallel to those of the Thomas Ligotti book The Conspiracy Against the Human Race.

But that would make great sense in the universe of true detective IMO, considering Rust was an avid reader, and probably didn't come to his conclusions by pure insight.

It's not directly copied line by line from the book, but his speeches about life being an evolutionary mistake, and that we need to go into extinction, are subjects that the book confronts.

It's not plagiarism, it's just old pessimistic philosophy.

ah, nice. I was afraid you hadn't read it and were gonna say King in Yellow, but this was a nice surprise.

>Why was the second season so bad compared to the first?

instead of trying to find another location with good atmosphere they just did another california show

hbo exec constantly looking over pizza's shoulder pushing him to finish it

more concern about internet buzz over who's going to be in it than actual story

>CANCELLED

Fucking hell. Just gonna pay attention to whatever Pizza does next then

i'm actually interested to know if that book exists in the true detective universe, and that a cult was inspired by it.

But then again, no one in the investigation mentions anything about the book or Chambers.

>And she is hooootttt
Yes. Those tight jeans were pure hhhnnnngg. And that "I love girthy cocks" speech was pretty hot too

>I feel like a kid at a candy store, Ray. But instead of lollipops, all I got are fuckin' cavities

Probably just saying this to catch people off-guard when it finally is confirmed, creating hype around lack of expectations.

It's a dog eat dog world Ray, and I'm the fucking chinaman.

People gave him shit over aping other writers and leaning way too heavily on Fukinaga to make a strong S1 so for this second he decided to prove everyone wrong and try prove he was a genius.

I hope so, user.

>Conway Twitty
Man, when episode 3 opened like that, I thought Pizza might be able to salvage this disaster. I dropped the show the next fucking episode

Season 2 failed because pretentious shit heads like you hyped it up despite the painfully poor and overly dramatic writing which destroyed the first two episodes.
INB4 You don't understand
I could understand every single thing but the awkward acting and writing make it painful to watch, and THAT does not make a good show.

He wrote the upcoming Magnificent Seven remake

it was rushed, unlike season 1
it went too far in a few places

What did she mean by this?

Season 2 was better than Season 1 you fucking pleb.

good scene.
punch into every feminists victims face. thanks pizzaman