Why didn't they just leave this alone?

Why didn't they just leave this alone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MOh3xYPrYF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because jews want weeb's shekelidoos

What's wrong? Are you complexed? What is it that you can't stand?

The live action shitfest

Not OP, but I can't stand scarjo playing my waifu, that's all.

Not OP, but I can't stand a 3D bitch playing my pure 2D waifu, that's all.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

they wanted another Matrix

stop reminding me that Batou doesn't have his Ranger eyes.

You're so innocent.

i just hope that no selfrespecting weeb is going to watch this shit.

who am i kidding as if there's something like a selfrespecting weeb

Frothing right now

Are you fucking serious. They're doing that?
I fucking hate normies they deserve nothing.

>tfw there won't be all that nudity from the GITS movie
>tfw there won't even be the Major's sexy outfit from SAC
Also reminder that Kusanagi had huge tits but little ass and scarjo got her tits reduced

Adaptations should remain faithful to the original work.

Are you complaining about Arise or the upcoming Hollywood adaption?

The bigger question: Why has no one ever made a computer game from it?

That's Batou? Are you fucking joking?

Why is everything after the original movie crap?

where can I read the manga

That's Pilou Asbæk in costume as Batou, yeah. Euron Greyjoy from Game of Thrones is probably how most people know him.

I can't wait to see this kino in live action.

But there is, even without all the retarded anime shit: youtube.com/watch?v=MOh3xYPrYF8

SAC and 2nd GIG were pretty ok. Fun to binge both series over a whole weekend.

The real question is why does Innocence exist?

because normies cant into anime even if its a really good movie and concept so they have to throw together this live action bullshit with an A list celeb so it draws a crowd
also money

torrents
it got a blackhorse release in the US, so no reading sites will host it

Are they really worth watching? GITS as a movie was amazing but I'm not a big anime fan.

That is a multiplayer game.

no A list female asian-american actors who speak fluent english

also it doesn't matter what her ethnicity is, it's intentionally left ambiguous and that's the whole point

movie will probably still be shit tho

If you're not a fan of anime in general, you probably wouldn't enjoy them. 52 episodes, 26 in each season. At least watch the first couple and see if you can get in to it.

I just got finished watching SAC & 2nd Gig. I enjoyed it, don't know whether to bother with the other movies though

First movie is one of the best science fiction films ever made. Innocence is FUCKING DOGSHIT.

I prefer the series over the movies. The development of the story is great and you get a lot of other interesting interjections that all help to paint the world and the characters. I watched the movies once but the series twice because I loved it so much. There are many interesting ideas and some dilemmas.

Fair enough. What about Solid State Society?

It's supposed to be an appendix to the story but it doesn't answer much really.

If you treat it as a standalone product it's pretty good, I guess. Worth watching.

yeah
don't get turned off by the laughable CG intro in the first season, or the lack of explanation some of the things get in the first episode. SAC is essentially an investigation into an unsolved case. It's more of a spy movie than an action flick. The last half dozen episodes are honestly still impressive simply for some of the punches they pull.

There's a few semi-filler episodes that don't fit into the main story of SAC you could start with, since I maintain that the first episode is not a good indication of what the show is.
Episode 3, Android and I, is a solid sci-fi bit that throws back to Asimov and an old movie.
Episode 7, Idolator, is similar but with more action.
Episode 13, Not Equal, is one of the more action-oriented episodes.
None of these tie directly into the main story, but do get referenced occasionally. Episode 4, Interceptors, is what leads into the main investigation the series covers.

I dislike the fact that it's one feature length case. It gets kind of stale and I much preferred the episodic format of SAC/2nd GIG. Still worth watching, though.

Your second point is complete bullshit. I agree with your other points though.

>yfw this scene gets put in the movie

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT
WOW
FUCK I'M SHAKING RIGHT NOW

got me buttmad because it solved shit all

It's like getting Mel Gibson to play Spike Spiegel.

No, wait, that sounds rad as fuck. I want that to be a thing.

Yeah. I mean I agree with you that Mel could do no wrong.
I'd still accept Keanu, but it's better that a CB movie just never gets made.

Innocence was just Oshii having a wank and getting IG to animate it for him. It's worth keeping in mind that it wasn't called 'GitS 2' in Japan, that was added for international marketing.
SAC is a pretty great middle ground between the manga and the movie, I personally consider it to be the highpoint of the franchise as a whole.
We don't talk about Arise.

They're gonna fuck it up with the pacing. I tell you.

its gonna be pg13 mark my words

Except Gibson would be a terrible casting decision. Even young Wahlberg would have been a better choice.

>cast a humorless actor in the role of a sly joker

Also, the second part of your post reads like something off a click-bait blog. You can present yourself better than that.

Neat lead-in to a SAC S3 that never eventuated. Honestly, with how Arise has tuned out, it's probably for the best.

I know Sup Forums doesn't like José Padilha's RoboCop but I think he pulled the fights with mechs of rather well and entertaining. Aside from that I don't know any director who I would entrust this vision because we simply don't have a James Cameron anymore. I also don't think that the movie isn't going to get the budget he would need as I assume they are simply milking the name of the franchise with an actress in the lead they could get for cheap. It was the same case for the new Terminator movie.

It would probably be the best to have a budgeted movie like the 2012 Dredd and then hope for more interest for the sequel and more cash. Or maybe the director surprises us all.

So what's the plot of 3DPD-GitS?

Straight remake of original? Notice they've cast Kuze on IMDB so presumably blending in parts of the anime/origin story

This. After the Success of Dead Pool, Suicide Squad should have been clear to be rated R, but no, it's PG-13

>We don't talk about Arise.

I've come around to it. Why? There simply isn't anything like it around and so I watch everyone of those movies.

are you in the right thread?
I agree with you, but are you in the right thread?

>plot
I bet it's going to be a pseudo-reboot, quasi-sequel like the Star Trek and Star Wars films. Just a mishmash of the most popular moments from the manga and show and film loosely strung together with a "plot" that doesn't make any fucking sense the moment you try to hold it to a candle, chock full of exposition like "We need to get the ____ before the ______ blows up and save the _______!"

It's some shitty version of SAC where Section 9 are corporate thugs and the Laughing Man is some hactivist fucking with their company. This is about the 20th script for a movie announced as being a new adaption of the manga.
I still can't deal with how retarded and un-GitS almost every element of it is. It's a cash-in of the worst kind.

probably the original with modifications for americans

>puppetmaster will be some hacker baddy instead of a machine become man
>it will be pic related but without any larger plot

user I hate you. You're bloody right but I hate the fact that such a filth movie can and will see the right of day.

I have both movies on my HD, convince me to watch them

What are 'both movies'? There's been a lot of feature length things with GITS on them at this point.