Was it autism?

was it autism?

No. They were quite explicit it was nearsightedness.

Does anyone have a webm of that cute brunette swimming yet?

Fuck this movie. Here have a fucking post.

The awkward soullessness of the conversations between characters of this world, was due to how un-romantic human interaction had become. Finding a life-partner had become a government mandate and the pairings were based on extremely specific characterisitics, so there was no room for ambiguous human qualities like attraction or the 'soul'.

In a sense, you are correct. The first definition of autism I can find is "a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by great difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts". The protagonist (and indeed, most of the inmates at the hotel) found the act of forming relationships, and communicating their feelings extremely difficult.

When the majority suffers from the mental illness, does it remain a mental illness? or does it become the norm?

I liked this movie, it made me finally realize that I was going to die alone.

The last thing I want is a kiss from a silly little girl

As what animal?

you are cool

>you will never have a secret a language to share your thoughts with a cutie

I've never sat through an entire film without forming a definitive opinion on it before I saw this. I still don't have one.

Still fucking angry about this insult of a film.

I get this too, it was well made, and well acted, but like why?

this is the laziest way to engage with cinema. read a goddamn review or two. They all literally explain the very obvious subtext.

I got the subtext, thank you, but it was all over the place. it seemed like it was trying to make a bunch of different points about modern society and dating culture at the same time and I personally felt they got too mish-mashed together. It would have been nice to have a little more traditional narrative just to keep the overall themes in line.

you can't get more traditional than
>man forced to obey rules of dystopian world
>man finds love + purpose
>man rebels

So this happened after Bruges but before TD right?

he's a schizoid i'm pretty sure
haven't seen the film tho

a refugee

what an awful movie

figures Sup Forums would praise it as "muh true kino!!!"

>this b8

here's your (you)

Dunno what this movie really is but looked it up on wikipedia.

>Seeking to reestablish commonality with her, David goes to the restroom and prepares to blind himself with a steak knife.

what the fuck. So fucking stupid.

it made sense if you watch the movie, but yeah it seems kinda stupid on paper

The question is... does he do it?

Sorry....too stupid for me to waste my time on. Also read people transforming into animals, which is so fucking dumb.

I think it's up to your interpretation. Regardless, the tension in that scene was god-tier, I found myself not able to look at the screen, and then that long cut back to the table. Oh boy, the artsy fag in me basically came

I like to think he didn't do it. He alright faked being a sociopath with the Russian broad, I'm sure he'd fake being blind.

I think he did based on the fade to black, and I think it signifies David moving on from what drew him and his ex-wife together, what he had been looking for in other women, and what he had initially seen in her (in the film this is represented by shortsightedness), to being willing to change for someone he loves.

Interesting point. I guess that's the beauty of obscure endings.

mos def bro