Nothing, he was pretty based, famiglia.

He suffered from the duality of man.

its was an ugly planet a gook planet

what was his problem?

He was full of hate

He wanted to save his friends

All fucking memers must fucking hang

bumping one of the 6 non-Game of Thrones related threads on the catalog

FMJ is a great film. If people didn't know Kubrick made it, they'd love it. His name makes them expect something more, or something else.

It's better than Apocalypse Now, which I cannot take seriously.

Is that you John Wayne? Is this me??

He saw much combat.

He was the only character not totally dehumanised during training. Everyone else logically decided not to run into the sniper nest. But he couldn't stand the screams of his wounded friend.

Best war movie imo. I mean make a better argument.....I dare you.

Well it sure wasn't the sickle cell.

>Stevie!
What did he mean by this?

He had seen some shit. Animal Mother was a fine human being.

I got a meme for you. I'm gonna tear you a new asshole.

I've heard some people say the second half of the movie kinda sucks. What's your opinion of the second half or the flow of the movie in general Sup Forums

There are some good parts in the second half. The scene where he meets Lusthog squad and the interview scene are both great.

"I don't know about some of these guys that are supposedly on our side. I keep meeting them coming the other way."

"They send us in first, first squad, to make sure there's no, uh, no little (smiles as he's clearly avoiding saying "gooks") no Vietnamese waiting with B-40 rockets to blow away the tanks."

"Do I believe America belongs in Vietnam? I don't know... I belong in Vietnam. I know that."

"It's like the took away our freedom and gave it to the gookers. And they don't even want it! I guess they'd rather be alive than free. Poor dumb bastards."

"Well if you ask me, we're shooting the wrong gooks."

"I hate Vietnam. There's not one horse in this country! Not one horse in Vietnam! There's something basically wrong with that."

I think the second half is the better half. More dramatic and it makes the humor that much more surreal.

>everyone gets mad at the racist guy
>millions of young men dying in violent and grisly ways is totally ok

Why are cucks so insane? They would rather kill people than hear words they don't like.

Turned this shit movie off as soon as they started singing the Mickey Mouse song and I realized I had just wasted my time watching a meme.

First act: 10/10
Second act: 2/10
Third act: 7/10

People who think the second half is worse only like the first half cause they thought it was funny.

Except for the Eskimo pussy line I never cracked a smile.

any /secondhalf>firsthalf/ in?

I like both of them but it's kind of hard to fit them together. Like they don't really make a ton of sense in the context of each other to me

I never understood why the second half is considered bad.

Because plebs only like the movie for "le funny screaming drill sergeant"

Second half is fine in it's own right. It's just overshadowed by the first half.

Apocalypse directors cut

It's the contrast between boot camp and real war. For the young men who actually went Those two probably didn't fit together either

he was a dope addict

He's a goobergater.

That's literally the experience of those kids that were drafted.

Modine is a decent photographer & I just found out he used Ilford FP4 so he just racked up another point.

It's because Kubrick was so cynical and anti-Hollywood. All his films just end abruptly and it leaves normies scratching their heads. The only difference between them and us is that the normies don't think beyond scratching their heads. They don't want to. They just get mad because there wasn't a dramatic Hollywood ending with lots of explosions, Rambo-type gunfire and emotional shit.

I remember when one of my ex-boss's told me never to watch Pulp Fiction because she said it was "terrible. there's no plot." Having already seen Reservoir Dogs I almost lost my shit when she said this.

Brain damage.