Tfw parents made me move out because I'm 26 now

tfw parents made me move out because I'm 26 now
>tfw cheapest place I could find was 975 a month utilities included
>tfw I make 1400 a month

How does anyone afford to live when you work full time and only make 1400 dollars? I used to spend 200 a week on just alcohol when I lived with my parents for fuck sakes and now I can't even afford to drink and I had to quit smoking

Pic kind of related

maybe if you weren't always drinking you could get a job that pays more than 1400
probably not though because you sound like a waste of oxygen

>wah I can't drink or smoke

You sound like a fuckin pussy. Go be a waiter at a fuckin restaurant if you want disposable income

inheritance is about the only way. either inherit money or opportunity. otherwise youre gunna be working til 30 just for a chance at a degree

Called the real world nigger

This

Once you move out you no longer have money for anything except necessities

Manage your money better and sell weed on the side. I make 1100/mo and pay 900/mo and my total monthly living cost is about 1500. Alternating between a sidejob and selling pot has always made up the difference + disposable income. It sounds like you never learned fiscal responsibility. It's easy.

Boo hoo pussy. Get a better paying job if you want money.

He clearly hasn't learned how to spend money if he has hundreds left over after paying rent and he's still broke

I live in ontario canada and everything here is way more expensive than in the states

Get a roommate since you have a shit job (which at 26 is funny holy shit how bad have you wasted your life lol)

>26
>Earns $1400
That's your choices catching up with you.

>he thinks 26 is old

top kek I know 40 year olds who make what he does

That's really sad.

>implying I get to choose how much my job pays

How so? Not everyone gets to be a doctor

Kek op ur a faggot.
im 3 years younger than you and i make 4 times what you make.
also from ontario

Iktf OP and tbh I'm probably just going to an hero because I don't get to live like a normal person and go out and do things etc

Well that's your fault retards.

if you have no skills worth paying for, why should you expect more than 1400? you chose this path by drinking in your mom's basement rather than learning a marketable kill

No it isnt we dont get to choose our pay rate

move you fucking dumbass. You don't have to live in an expensive ass city

Normal people don't go out and do things constantly. Normal people work, eat, sleep and do house work. Stop being a pussy and wake up to the real world.

You can study in order to further your career.

See

Yeah they do all the normal people I know go out to restaurants almost everyday which I'd never be able to afford to do

yeah, you do actually if you went to school or got into a trade instead you just sat in your parents basement masturbating and working fast food

a shared flat, it's way cheaper then... or don't you do that in murrica?

I'm not in America I'm in canada which is way more epensive and has no jobs that pay a livable wage

I've never known anyone who does that. Your friends must be pretty rich considering all the people I know make a decent income yet they can only afford to work 24/7

Holy shit you sound fucking helpless.

>learn higher paying skills
>apprentice or learn a trade
>eat rice and frozen meat
>fuck cable
>fuck internet
>steal wifi
>write out expenses and round up
>write out pay and round down
>assure you add to savings every month
>no big purchases til you save $5k min.
>improve at your skills and get paid more
>buy nicer shit slowly and repeat

Then move.

what the fuck are you on about.
i know plenty of people on the rich side and even they don't go out every fucking night.

They aren't rich but they make a lot more than I could ever imagine making

I only eat peanut butter sandwiches and rice

And that is the adult world.

a shared flat, it's way cheaper then... or don't you do that in canada?

Now This Nose knows how to live

I know someone who goes out to eat everyday she's the CFO and my friends mum. Fuckin MILF, and makes 160k/yr

But what about the other stuff? The most important of which is GET EDUCATED.

I'm not intelligent when it comes to anything like education

Bruh median wage in USA is 55k

You have 3 options
>1
Move back in with your parents so you have time to get a degree
>2
Look for a better paying job, may or may not work
>3
Get a studio apartment, just a place to sleep, and work two jobs until you have enough saved up to the point where you can quit one and live comfortably.

Excuses.

55k is a shit load compared to what I make

Kek median my ass.

kek when I make $1k+ per week

>restaurants
>mac fucking d
pick one

Median wage in murica is how much those money grubbing niggers get from govmen' 49% of america recieves some form of financial aid (cant cite this heard it from my professor but i dont doubt it)

You need to learn a valuable skill. Why would someone pay you more? What do you have to offer? Think about that hard man and quit vices for a bit. Clear your head. gl hf

I look for jobs every single day and the average job pays between 11.70 and 12.50 an hour which isn't any better than what I get now

that actually sounds high for the median
there are a shitload of people like op who end up as lifelong burger flippers because they never learn how to be productive members of society

>implying burger flipping isn't needed

They're more valuable to me than most people who work lmao

won't be long before the burger flippers are replaced by burger flipping machines for cheaper
that'll be a fun time

the value isn't in the
>we need al lot of people doing this job
it's in the
>how hard is it to find someone efficiently doing this job

since anyone can flip burgers, even if the need is high, the value is low

26, and you still aren't an adult

This

Funny but it's true. People who make pizzas and burgers are more important than any job other than electricians,auto mechanics and house builders

Won't totally happen. You'll still need human staff.
What's going to happen is that place with automation will be forced to pay higher wages for shorter hours and faggots like you will bitch about it.

Bullshit. if "anyone"can flip burgers, then they need to be paid a decent wage that compensates for their full-time participation.

you could just kill yourself OP. thatll teach em

Fuck you, we were told we were going to have all these jobs in the 2000s and we don't.

Stop fucking whiteknighting the rich.

Anyone who doesn't know how to budget and save money is a child. I make 200 more dollars a month than OP and I save 30% of every paycheck each week

holy fuck i think ur the stupidest person ive ever seen on this website. No wonder nobody wants to pay you well

Yeah because without them lazy fucks would have to make that shit themselves. They are paying for the convenience to just drive up and pick that shit up.

I do my job because I like it not because of the pay, I get paid to workout and lift shit all night

What fucking world do you live in where faggots can just walk off the street and demand the salary they want?

>anyone can
>everyone is
not the same deal

>implying your full-time participation has the same value as someone's who's skilled

who defines what people "need" to be paid?
you?

You're not going to win this one.
No matter what job you work, it should make your ends meet. You want a throwback society to 100 years ago. We don't live like that anymore.

>can't cite it, but someone told me it so I believe it
let me guess, you're voting trump?

THIS

I'd like to know where you can get paid whatever you want

Jobs where someone is working full time and can't meet basic needs like food and shelter shouldn't be allowed to exist at those low rates.
They do not meet modern-day society's requirements. Inb4 work 3 jobs. Fuck that. Why do you want our lives to be slavery, brah?

Jobs shouldn't be allowed to pay someone a wage so low that they can't live like a normal person

>Let's all create ourselves imaginary, very important jobs and all magically get paid the salary we demand to live a totally improper lifestyle regarding our contribution to society and responsibilities.

What skills do you have that are worth more than entry level mouth breather jobs? Market those. If you're an entry level mouth breather, then tough it out with your shitty job and try to be the hardest worker there. Once you get to some sort of management position you can at least apply for those types of positions at somewhere else.

it's not a question of what i want. while i would love for everyone to be able to make more money, it doesn't work like that. if you artificially raise the price of labor to the point where it doesn't make financial sense to hire someone, you've just dropped their wage from $10/hour to $0/hour

So it's not the job, it's you being judgmental about what people do with their take home pay.

Funny how you faggots go apeshit if someone applies that attitude to a rich person. :)

Time to drink the plastic bottle alcohol.

Take it or leave it, the pay is defined before you apply for the job. If you're not satisfied, someone else is. Maybe that will force you to actually learn a skill or get an education where you'll be needed in society.

$975 a month utilities included and you make 1400? that's 425 dollars a month to live on. you are making PLENTY of money.

Nigger how are you 26 and only making $8.75 a hour?

Higher paying low level jobs means less low level jobs to go around. Which means the people that do get those jobs will have to work harder/more and everyone else is jobless. Which do you want, more people paid shit, or less people paid less shit?

>it doesn't work like that.
not an argument
and nobody's proposing we raise wages to some business-imploding figure

just saying shit under $15 is a fucking joke in the US. You are being paid shit and your boss has the advantage. Why would we want to keep putting up with this shit in society?
Labor rights issues aren't going to go away, brah, they're going to escalate.

I always have drank the cheap alcohol but here in ontario a 1.14L bottle of vodka is 37.25$ and when you almost drink one a say it's expensive

depends on if that's before or after tax
even assuming that's after tax, and op lives as cheaply as possible, he can put away 100-200 a month for savings
at that rate, he should be able to retire in about 300 years

That sounds like a bare assertion, user. You're really not giving me a reason why people should be paid wages which meet needs like getting an apartment.

He's just a greedy fuck he makes plenty to live off of

>it's you being judgmental about what people do with their take home pay.

No, it's about:
>the value they create for the society they live in (improving the standards of life for the others: better resources, utilities, ..)
>the difficulty to find someone else to replace them equally when they quit
>the level of responsibility engaged and damage caused when they fuck up
>and so on

I can make a pizza. I can make a burger. I don't know how to run wiring or how to fix my transmission.

Nigger minimum wage jobs are to get experience when you are young, not to work your whole fucking life at.

so you have about 14 a day to spend on things you really need, which is food for the most part

I could easily live on that, you can even find a cheaper place to stay and have more money to work with every day

spending 200 a month on booze is just fucking retarded

OP this thread is turning into a retarded minimum wage hike discussion, but it's been pointed out that you lack needed skills to make more money.

And if you're not going to get a job in a warehouse, then you need to find something white collar like IT or management. You can take these courses at your community college or online. Not that expensive and you might even get financial aid or loans.

That's what I would do. Find your potential.

i probably agree with you in general, but society is going to implode in the next 50 years or so due to automation making the average human obsolete
raising the minimum wage will only speed up the process

my company recently upped my pay from $13/hr to 15.75/hr

I didn't need it. I'm now making about 4$ more than I would need if I didn't have roommates.

Except that's not the reasoning behind them when the minimum wage was created.

You're parroting what right-wingers say.

You are generalizing. And just finding some dude off the street to replace someone who was doing a good job costs the company money.

You just want faggots to be cogs in a wheel while you look down from some economic plateau above them.

as in:

>your job is to flip a burger, but you fuck up
>$2 loss
>when you quit, the day later you're replaced by M. Nobody with no skills

against:

>your job is to fly a commercial plane, but you fuck up
>up to tens of millions of $ loss
>the day you quit, it takes years + thousands of $ of training (and a brain) for your replacement to be at the proper level

I don't know about automation replacing humans.

Industries have been going auto for a 100 years now or more and yet shit-tons of jobs have been created since then.

Holy shit 975 a month for rent? You must live in Toronto and that price is for a decent one bedroom apartment. Most people start at renting rooms in a house or basement apartment of a house and that goes for around 600 max if you must stay in Toronto for your job. Stop having such high standards of living when you are a shit tier citizen.